Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St Regis San Francisco [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 30, 2019, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WasKnown
Expert Review (posted to Luxury Forum) from Dec 2016: 3 exceptional stays with Aman-like service and true luxury

https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...ue-luxury-1716

As of September 2021:

Breakfast is served as in-room dining
Spa is closed (seemingly permanently?)
Gym is open
Bar is open weekends until 11 PM
Print Wikipost

St Regis San Francisco [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2010, 12:05 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
It also might be a San Francisco 'issue' as my last stay at the LM I was told I'd been upgraded to the best room available (jr. suite as what I had payed/booked), yet spg.com showed me as being a Hospitality suite.
If this was in Feb - I was also there - and to be fair - Luxury Suites were not bookable online - we knew one person who got upgraded (to the Pres Suite that night - his birthday).
Old Jul 3, 2010, 7:06 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, WOH Globalist, Marriott LT Titanium, MSC Dia, Nespresso Club, ZTL Queen in Italy
Completed 1 of 2 FWN Nights over 4th July Wknd...

Overall I would say I'm satisfied... I have not been "Wowed", but just meh! satisfied.

We arrived around 1pm, and the front desk agent said our room was ready. (I was happy 'bout that...) He greeted us with "Happy Anniversary!" - - and so far, that's it for anniversary recognition. --I'll admit, I was hoping for something a bit more. SR Roma and SR Bora Bora were both more attentive to service details. But we were upgraded to an Astor Suite; which I already knew from the SPG iPhone/iPod touch app.

Room is nice. From reading other posts here I think the Astor suites are all XX11 series. Nice floor to ceiling windows, hardwood floors, separate bedroom area, small sectional sofa, 3 TV's, nice bathroom, and views of other buildings.

Turndown service was friendly and tidy. No chocolate bar/square was left (either for the Platinum amenity or a typical turn-down size). She left us some ice, and waters bedside.

I can't really complain because we're using 2 FWN nights, but I guess I do expect more from a SR. I can't report that service has been anywhere spectacular. (Other than we had the bartender uncork a bottle from us and he was very friendly!)

Oh, the gym is great! Lots of different, new machines. Great yoga-studio room - - I think few use it. Pool, indoors - - I didn't see a hot tub. But nice, comfortable furnishings. But.... 9th floor there is a rooftop Lookout area. There's some chaise lounge chairs and a table outside. Perfect place to unwind with an adult beverage.

Well... I'll still wait out, maybe they'll recognize our anniversary tonight. I saw on Yelp another SPG Plat had a small dessert plate delivered for their ann. (Although I like champagne...)

***Oh, I almost forgot. Yes, noise outside our bedroom window was loud! Typical city noise, but I agree with a previous poster. There must be a bar/nightclub close by, because I heard loud, obnoxious partiers and I had trouble sleeping. For sure they must be single-pane windows. Bummer...

Last edited by travelista; Jul 3, 2010 at 7:12 am
Old Aug 2, 2010, 8:47 pm

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
I just spent the better part of last week at the St. Regis and - all in all - came away happy. My room was on the 19th floor with a wonderful park view.

I found the integration of fairly large art installations into the hotel's environment - including the rooms - very appealing. I've noticed more and more hotels supporting starving artists.

The level of service was generally high. Food was excellent. In-room tech was great. I liked the in-room controller, from which one could do or set just about anything. The bath tub with doors opening into the bedroom and the windows/view was a nice touch too.

There were two problems during my stay plus some street noise was audible, even on the 19th floor:
1.) limited closet space (not a huge problem for me but I was surprised how little space there was to hang things up)
2.) key card failure (something which I'm fairly intolerant about) and a poor front desk recovery

(A review I wrote of my stay is on line here.)

Old Aug 8, 2010, 9:18 am

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
While I was at the St. Regis (see above post), I dined at ame, and it was one of the highlights of my stay. Indeed, it definitely added to my opinion of the hotel.

Having a wonderful wine list and a knowledgeable "wine director" can make all the difference - plus great food of course.

A few photos below and a detailed review with a lot of photos is online here.

Old Aug 8, 2010, 4:50 pm

Programs: DL DM MM; HH Diamond; Starwood Plat, Lifetime Gold; Hertz President's Circle
We stayed there recently and found the location and property wonderful. Does anyone know if you can purchase the mattress from St. Regis? We absolutely loved the bed and would like to look into buying the mattress or something similar.
Old Aug 9, 2010, 12:49 pm

parking lots nearby?

Any suggestions for parking (preferably with in/out) would be appreciated.
Old Aug 9, 2010, 4:23 pm

Programs: OZ LT D+, UA 1K, AS MVPG AF Gold, SPG Platinum (8 years), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by miAAflyer
Any suggestions for parking (preferably with in/out) would be appreciated.
I use museum parc garace at 300 third street. Just one block away. 25$ for overnight (upto 11pm of next day).. However, no in/out privilege.. I always use this lot when I go to St. Regis SF, W SF, Westin Market street..
Old Aug 9, 2010, 8:12 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, *wood Platinum, Hertz President's Circle, A|Club Platinum, Avis President's Club
Thumbs up Hearst Parking Center, half a block away $20

I usually park at the Hearst Parking Center, it's half a block away up Third St. between Mission and Market Sts. It's $20 for 24 hours, no in and out privileges.

http://en.parkopedia.com/parking/gar...san_francisco/
Old Aug 9, 2010, 8:17 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, *wood Platinum, Hertz President's Circle, A|Club Platinum, Avis President's Club
Exclamation Paramount Valet Parking, right across the street is $21.

Oh, and I also use Paramount Valet Parking across the street from the St. Regis on Misson St. It's $21.

http://en.parkopedia.com/parking/gar...san_francisco/
Old Aug 11, 2010, 9:27 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

By far the best Starwood property in San Francisco

I've had two stays at this property and it's now my home in San Francisco. I will also stay again three more times this year, our corporate rate is below the magic 300USD pr. night my company allows. Absolutely love this place.

I was quite surprised when I read through this thread. It looks like I've been lucky and gotten a suite both times, last was a Metropolitan Suite. I stay at luxury properties quite often and have to say I don't recognize the bad service some are describing.

Let me just review the recent stay.

Arrived on a Sunday and was greeted by professional staff, lobby is modern. Bell man took care of our luggage. Was offered 500 points amenity and assigned a Metropolitan suite (1017).

The suite is modern with high quality furniture, desk with plenty of charging available and also another gizmo control for the living/dining room.

Bathroom was huge with a nice tub and separate rain shower. small LCD TV in the bathroom is cool. Remede toiletries of high quality, 2 robes and 8 towels were available. Very good quality.

Bed is heaven, very high quality linens.

The pool is decent for doing laps, plenty of towels and lounge chairs with menus if you like to order something. The jacuzzi is at the spa down the hall, but separate in each of the men/womens locker room

Ordered room service, food was excellent and delivered in 20 minutes. (property was sold out).

Turn down service came when we took a nap, she left Evian water bottles and ice in the dining room for us.

Left at 4AM, so before the paper was delivered, but they offered NY Times to me when I checked out without me even asking.

The only negative was that the internet showed up on the bill. It was quickly removed, but when I got the folio via email later, they had actually billed me twice for it and 30ish something dollars was charged to my credit card. Had to call to get it straightened out.

As a Hyatt Diamond and Starwood Platinum, I can honestly say that this is by far the best property in town. I will not stay anywhere else^^
Old Aug 26, 2010, 11:49 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Avis Chairman
I just read the whole entire thread. My wife and I have a stay booked here for the first weekend in Nov (using 3 FWNs).

What I take from comments here are that those who pay for a room as opposed to those who use FWNs are treated very well, usually given upgrades, etc. Those that use the FWNs are treated less well and are usually given the run-around when it comes to upgrades.

I'm still debating on whether or not we should use our FWNs here...
Old Aug 26, 2010, 1:05 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50K, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum, Accor Diamond
Originally Posted by ramalama8
I just read the whole entire thread. My wife and I have a stay booked here for the first weekend in Nov (using 3 FWNs).

What I take from comments here are that those who pay for a room as opposed to those who use FWNs are treated very well, usually given upgrades, etc. Those that use the FWNs are treated less well and are usually given the run-around when it comes to upgrades.

I am using FWNs on an upcoming weekend for a special occasion. I have been in touch with the concierge several times to make a few requests and they have been extremely helpful. I requested a pre-confirmed suite upgrade and they stated that most likely I could get the Astor Suite but if I wanted a guaranteed upgrade, I could have a Metropolitan suite for $100 per nite which I thought was a very good deal given I am not paying for the room to begin with. I will post an update once I have completed my stay there.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 1:13 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTP, HH Dia
Originally Posted by habshabs444
if I wanted a guaranteed upgrade, I could have a Metropolitan suite for $100 per nite which I thought was a very good deal given I am not paying for the room to begin with.
Nice work! Haven't heard the guaranteed upgrade offered before at this property, but $100 to guarantee that room is a no-brainer IMO.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 2:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Avis Chairman
Originally Posted by habshabs444
I am using FWNs on an upcoming weekend for a special occasion. I have been in touch with the concierge several times to make a few requests and they have been extremely helpful. I requested a pre-confirmed suite upgrade and they stated that most likely I could get the Astor Suite but if I wanted a guaranteed upgrade, I could have a Metropolitan suite for $100 per nite which I thought was a very good deal given I am not paying for the room to begin with. I will post an update once I have completed my stay there.
How do I get in touch with the concierge?
Old Aug 26, 2010, 2:34 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ramalama8

I have stayed on both paid and FWN, I felt absolutely no difference. Got upgraded regardless.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.