Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Mystique - Santorini, Greece [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 21, 2019, 4:05 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: l380
Print Wikipost

Mystique - Santorini, Greece [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2019, 10:54 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by PrivatePilot
Cant find any availability whatsoever. Anyone see anything available?
There is plenty of room availability throughout summer and fall. But there is no award availability until Oct as far as I can tell. With so few rooms to begin with and only a few available for awards, not to mention the prior arbitrage of getting a room for only 60K rather than 85K points until very recently, it should be no surprise that award availability was decimated for much of this season!

FWIW. I had a 5 night award booking in October that I reduced to 3 nights a few months ago.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 11:04 am

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by flyer05
Booked a Vibrant Suite for three nights on points in May. Does anyone know what the cost per night is to upgrade to one of the villas with pools?
Bump
Old Apr 20, 2019, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by AbuCordoba
Bump
With regards to this, I enquired with the property and was told that points bookings cannot be upgraded with cash. Reservations did make a note to upgrade to one of the suites with jacuzzis if available upon check-in, on account of my Titanium status.
nazca8 and AbuCordoba like this.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 11:33 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium, AA PLT for Life
Originally Posted by l380
Dont't have GM but I have Reservation, Front Office, Concierge's email. If you want it I can DM you.
Going in two weeks. Would love any emails you could provide as its an anniversary trip for us.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 4:04 am

Programs: HGP Globalist, SPG P100, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by rogo
Going in two weeks. Would love any emails you could provide as its an anniversary trip for us.
added it to wiki too!
[email protected] ,
[email protected] ,
[email protected]

If you booked an Allure suite, request #23 !
rogo, nazca8, bhrubin and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 6:13 am

In case this isn't obvious, you can call also Greece cheaply from the US with the Google Voice app or Hangouts app. If you already have some google account, you login with that. It's $.03 - $.07 / minute.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 2:24 am

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
What is the best way to get to the hotel from the nearest airport?
Old Apr 22, 2019, 6:03 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by AbuCordoba
What is the best way to get to the hotel from the nearest airport?
Last time we stayed there they provided a free shuttle from the airport. I guess that no longer exists based on this which can be found by simply looking at the properties website:

Santorini - Thira National Airport (JTR)

Hotel direction: 11.2 miles SE
  • Airport shuttle service, reservation required, fee: 25 EUR (one way)24 Hours, 7 days a week
  • Alternate transportation: Private car; fee: 50 EUR (one way) ;on request
  • Estimated taxi fare: 30 EUR (one way)
nazca8 likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by christianj
Last time we stayed there they provided a free shuttle from the airport. I guess that no longer exists based on this which can be found by simply looking at the properties website:

Santorini - Thira National Airport (JTR)

Hotel direction: 11.2 miles SE
  • Airport shuttle service, reservation required, fee: 25 EUR (one way)24 Hours, 7 days a week
  • Alternate transportation: Private car; fee: 50 EUR (one way) ;on request
  • Estimated taxi fare: 30 EUR (one way)
Thank you for this! completely missed it!
Old Apr 22, 2019, 12:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Does anyone have an update on breakfast for Plats? Please post & I'll update the exec lounge sticky. Thx!

Cheers.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 1:10 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Does anyone have an update on breakfast for Plats? Please post & I'll update the exec lounge sticky. Thx!

Cheers.

Not sure if it had anything to do with my Ambassador status or the type of room we booked but they let us have anything from the room service menu delivered daily to our view terrace.

1P, dgreen12, unclepants and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 1:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I saw that & great pic/view! I'm just trying to figure out if that's the norm or was due to type of room you booked. Also, someone posted they got breakfast on a paid stay but wasn't sure if it was available on a points stay.

Cheers.
damon88 likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 5:23 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Last time we stayed there a couple of years ago you could pick anything off the menu as a Platinum even on an award stay. We will be back at the property in 2 months (this time as a Titanium LT) so if no one posts a breakfast update before then I will once we get there.
nazca8 and bhrubin like this.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 7:43 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Just completed a 5-night stay here on points and left pretty disappointed overall, especially after two other fantastic stays at other boutique hotels in Greece. Obviously you are mainly paying for the views, however you can get that at most places / restaurants in Oia just by walking around. We got in at the 60k/night rate and generally take the "Men, how much can you complain when you don't pay anything for the room" however I couldn't see returning or recommending the hotel on a cash or 85k points / night rate.

Pros:
- Amazing Views
- Friendly Staff

Cons:
- Small basic rooms
- Botched Arrival and Departure details (described below)

Arrival:
- Approx 5 days prior to arrival we received welcome email and form to fill out personal info and arrival/departure details

- Confirmed private transfer for two via Mercedes (they only offered group or private via Mercedes) and had a guy in a jeep waiting for us. Overall that would have been fine as we are not 'those people' but don't advertise a private Mercedes transfer at 50 euro / person and have a Jeep Compass waiting.

- Driver called hotel twice (once upon pickup and once when about 5 minutes out) to let hotel know we were on way - on arrival we waited almost 30 minutes at the top for someone to meet us / help with bags. Driver had to leave, so my partner waited at the top with our larger bag while I ended up carrying two bags down to reception myself.

- Arrived at 1:30PM and room was not ready for check-in, even though early check-in was requested and APPROVED via email as we had multiple ferry options and specifically asked about early check-in otherwise we would have taken a later ferry so we did not have to wait.

Departure:
- Had direct flight from JTR-MAD that left at 5:25AM and was recommended by hotel to leave 3:00AM. Departure details arranged at that time.

- 48 Hours prior to leaving I again confirm with reception the departure details (including private car transfer to airport and help with baggage)

- On day of departure I go to reception at 2:30AM to check-out and am greeted with the following confused response "You want to check out now? Is there a problem with the hotel?"

- Hotel had no departure details on file, no-one ready to help with bags and no car transportation scheduled for us

- Hotel ended up calling a cab for us that arrived almost 40 minutes later than initially scheduled. Given that most International flights out of JTR leave and arrive very early in the AM, I was surprised at how shocked they were regarding all of this. Sitting outside on the street alone at 3:30AM while waiting for a cab to arrive was not an ideal end to an otherwise great 2-week vacation.

Still debating on reaching out to Marriott regarding this.
dgreen12 likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 8:40 am

Can I ask what were the 2 fantastic stays? Thanks.

bhrubin likes this.

Last edited by rrgg; Jun 8, 2019 at 8:52 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.