Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Mystique - Santorini, Greece [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 21, 2019, 4:05 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: l380
Print Wikipost

Mystique - Santorini, Greece [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2018, 4:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Gold and Current Platinum, Hilton Gold
Also - to answer the sunset questions - in late September at least, you cannot see the final moments of the sunset from the property. However, it is a very pleasant sunset view up until 30 mins or so before the sun goes down. At that point, you can simply walk up the steps to the walkway above the hotel and walk 2-5 mins to the right (eastward) and find a spot to watch the sunset. We bought beers from the market at the top of the hotel steps and drank them watching the sunset each night. As the hotel is on the less crowded side of Oia, we didn't even have any tourist throngs to deal with while we did so.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 4:43 pm

Would you guys think it's better to go in August or September? I'm considering either 8/26 - 8/31 or 9/16 - 9/21
Old Oct 16, 2018, 6:38 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by tygran37
Would you guys think it's better to go in August or September? I'm considering either 8/26 - 8/31 or 9/16 - 9/21

My understanding is that things start to slow down (get less crazy crowded) after September 15th. You take a little risk with the weather (it could rain which would be a bummer) but you benefit from fewer crowds. FWIW the weather was perfect mid October- we spent a lot of time in our pool and when we left everyone was sunbathing on their decks.
nazca8 likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 2:21 pm

Hi - does anyone know why I cannot view any reward availability for this property? When the two programs first combined I was able to see plenty of availability - now nothing ?? (looking at anytime next year from May onwards)
Old Oct 20, 2018, 2:34 pm

Programs: Marriott LTP
There was always very limited availability, so I suspect that it is all taken now. There are a small number of rooms available for 60k points. I would recommend just checking back often in case someone else cancels.

You could also call and see if any higher category rooms are available (for more points...)
Old Oct 20, 2018, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by smokie
There was always very limited availability, so I suspect that it is all taken now. There are a small number of rooms available for 60k points. I would recommend just checking back often in case someone else cancels.

You could also call and see if any higher category rooms are available (for more points...)
There’s a post somewhere about properties manipulating availabilty somehow to avoid accepting 60k awards while the price is low. Given that the manager said breakfast comes with all rooms except awards, it seems they’re not fond of awards. Just a guess.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 5:30 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by rrgg
There’s a post somewhere about properties manipulating availabilty somehow to avoid accepting 60k awards while the price is low. Given that the manager said breakfast comes with all rooms except awards, it seems they’re not fond of awards. Just a guess.
There are posts like that everywhere in these forums. Doesn’t make it true in all cases, though. There are plenty of examples in this thread of people using points for award stays here.

Don’t forget there are a total of 40 rooms at this property. It wouldn’t be at all unreasonable if only 4 or 5 were available for points.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by bhrubin

There are posts like that everywhere in these forums. Doesn’t make it true in all cases, though. There are plenty of examples in this thread of people using points for award stays here.

Don’t forget there are a total of 40 rooms at this property. It wouldn’t be at all unreasonable if only 4 or 5 were available for points.
You’re right. I found a couple nights with some random searches.

However I was referring to this, https://www.google.com/amp/s/thepoin...roperties/amp/

The source is Marriott insiders.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 12:41 am
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist

I don’t think it is manipulation- just high demand for very few award rooms. Like you I was able to find availability- but most award nights have been booked already. 20000 (old starpoints) per night is such an incredible value it doesn’t surprise me that those rooms were snapped up.

bhrubin and tygran37 like this.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 2:07 pm

Can anyone who has been lately confirm the marriott platinum benefits?

I'm going to assume small chance of a room upgrade because of the small nature of the property as well as breakfast is included but could someone confirm?
Old Oct 23, 2018, 2:23 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by tygran37
Can anyone who has been lately confirm the marriott platinum benefits?

I'm going to assume small chance of a room upgrade because of the small nature of the property as well as breakfast is included but could someone confirm?

I am not certain of benefits on a points redemption but during our recent stay we had the choice of (a lavish) breakfast in the restaurant or on our private terrace.

Upgrades at a place like this are like the lottery. If you are willing to roll the die and are OK with staying in a basic room you might luck out and score an amazing Suite. But with limited rooms I recommend booking the minimum room you would be happy in.

Take note older guests- if traversing 50+ crazy steep steps is daunting to you, you may be spending more time in your room than usual 😉
bhrubin and tygran37 like this.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 7:14 pm

Booked a Vibrant Suite for three nights on points in May. Does anyone know what the cost per night is to upgrade to one of the villas with pools?
Old Apr 20, 2019, 3:12 am
Suspended

Programs: Miles&More
Can someone help me with the GM's email address?
Old Apr 20, 2019, 9:36 am

Programs: HGP Globalist, SPG P100, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by nherbert90
Can someone help me with the GM's email address?
Dont't have GM but I have Reservation, Front Office, Concierge's email. If you want it I can DM you.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 10:23 am

Programs: SPG Titanium, United Premier 1K
Cant find any availability whatsoever. Anyone see anything available?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.