Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Mystique - Santorini, Greece [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 21, 2019, 4:05 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: l380
Print Wikipost

Mystique - Santorini, Greece [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2018, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by C17PSGR
Curious ... what was the points pricing for August. I tried to make a points reservation and it wouldn't let me but I'm not as familiar with the SPG program as the MR one.
I think I paid 60k SPG a night
Old Jul 19, 2018, 8:37 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
I have a points res for 8/25-8/30, can I call and have points refunded on 8/1 to reflect the much lower points pricing? Saw talk of this on the StR Maldives thread.
You can call in August (probably not August 1) after the loyalty programs have merged and the new awards charts are effective to have the reservation changed to the new points structure.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 11:38 am

So the new marriott awards chart is up on their website... this hotel is being listed as a Cat 8* @ 85,000 points per night but that should be the 2019 rate not the August 1st, 2018 rate. I'm assuming the 8/1 rate will be 60,000 points per night which is an amazing deal.

I'm assuming this means that Marriott won't be charging a premium for this hotel like SPG does. I'm also wondering if a Cat 7 Marriott Travel Package might apply to this also through the end of the year at least.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 11:03 am

Programs: Starwoods/ Marriott Life Time Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, and HP
Originally Posted by damon88

Do you remember the name?
Sorry I don't. It is the only restaurant directly across from the hotel.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 12:13 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
The nearby (walking distance)restaurant that was recommended to us is Roka.

Our first night we are taking a 35 minute taxi ride to Metaxi Mas restaurant- we have heard it is wonderful and will give us a glimpse of another part of the island.

The more we research the more thrilled we are that we are visiting Santorini during off season. It seems that the only complaint people have is too many visitors.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 9:14 pm

I am trying to book 8/24-27 but the vibrant suite is not available. If anyone is cancelling, please let me know
Old Jul 23, 2018, 8:09 am

I just got off the phone with a pretty helpful Starwood rep.. One thing he mentioned is that this hotel is "only bookable 90 days in advance" according to his notes in his system. I'm not sure if this is points only or either one cash/points.

Hadn't noticed this datapoint in here so thought I'd share.

I really hope this changes with Marriott taking over as I really want to book this hotel for 2019...
Old Jul 23, 2018, 8:38 am
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by tygran37
I just got off the phone with a pretty helpful Starwood rep.. One thing he mentioned is that this hotel is "only bookable 90 days in advance" according to his notes in his system. I'm not sure if this is points only or either one cash/points.

Hadn't noticed this datapoint in here so thought I'd share.

I really hope this changes with Marriott taking over as I really want to book this hotel for 2019...
It definitely can't be for cash (and I am skeptical it even applies to points since IIRC I viewed the point options at the time) I booked our October 2018 stay in November 2017.
Unless policy has changed since then.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 8:59 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Is the vibrant suite the rm that is bookable with pts?
Old Aug 21, 2018, 4:37 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by zzrayzz
Is the vibrant suite the rm that is bookable with pts?
Yes.

I was able to confirm Vibrant Suite for 5 nights at the new rates. Was charged 71k/night with the additional points being an 'all-suite hotel' surcharge.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 8:43 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond. SPG Plat. Marriott Plat.
Were you offered any other higher rooms for more points?
Old Aug 21, 2018, 9:16 pm

Anyone else having issues getting availability at this property? I tried looking for dates in May and they're saying sold out but cash rates are available.

You guys think this is a time where I should just keep calling and hopefully strike gold... Or there really isn't award availability to be found?
Old Aug 21, 2018, 10:15 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Please do remember that Mystique has a total of 40 rooms/suites. Not all are ever going to be available for awards, even if 10% of all rooms were considered entry level, that’s still just a mere 4 rooms.

This is one of the many reasons why SPG was and Luxury Collection is so special.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 10:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond. SPG Plat. Marriott Plat.
Originally Posted by bhrubin
Please do remember that Mystique has a total of 40 rooms/suites. Not all are ever going to be available for awards, even if 10% of all rooms were considered entry level, that’s still just a mere 4 rooms.

This is one of the many reasons why SPG was and Luxury Collection is so special.
no capacity control
Old Aug 22, 2018, 6:08 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by rp88
Anyone else having issues getting availability at this property? I tried looking for dates in May and they're saying sold out but cash rates are available.

You guys think this is a time where I should just keep calling and hopefully strike gold... Or there really isn't award availability to be found?
If the Vibrant Suite is available online, it should be bookable as an award. It eventually took me 3x calls to get someone to be able to do it, so I would keep trying.

Originally Posted by Westin
Were you offered any other higher rooms for more points?
Initially, when I was told the point price, it was close to 800,000 for the 5 nights before the agent said "wait, thats not the base room price", so I assume there are other options available. The call took almost an hour due to issue with their computer system, so I didn't press on additional options as I just wanted to at least get something confirmed immediately.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.