Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Venice [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Venice [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2008, 4:38 pm

Venice - The Westin Europa & Regina or Danieli?

I'm trying to decide between the Westin Europa & Regina or Danieli for a two-day visit to Venice.

It's for a bit of a random city break. Looking at the photos, they both look quite nice, and while Danieli looks more traditional, we don't mind either way.

Could someone comment on the service level at one of both of them please, and anything else remarkable?

Thank you!
Old Dec 22, 2008, 9:04 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
in years past i have stayed in both and thought the danieli more interesting historically but the e and u better location wise. however in the travel magazine that was in my mail today ( can't remember which it was ) it had the best places to stay in the world and i thought it was interesting that the e and r was listed for venice and the danieli was not.
Old Dec 22, 2008, 11:36 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
I've stayed at the Daneli and recommend it. Nice upgrade with a great view.
Old Dec 23, 2008, 5:07 am
Tak

Programs:  UA 1MM, JAL JGC Diamond, SPG Lifetime PLT, AMEX PLT
Architectually, the lobby of Danieli is so unique and interesting.
But for the view, I prefer E&R if you have Grand Canal view room(some grand canal view rooms are very small, though).
Danieli have wide open ocean view with a lot of traffic(people and boats).
E&R have direct grand canal view in front and ocean view if you see left side.
One time, I had choice of large room with partial canal view and very small room with canal front view.
Since I stayed only two nights, I had a small room with fantastic view.
Another occasion, I got a suite facing canal.
Old Dec 24, 2008, 10:03 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA MM Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Of the two, I have only stayed at the Danieli. Others have mentioned the great location, but there's another interesting perk to this - in almost any painting of Piazza San Marco in Venice (dating back hundreds of years), you can see the building that is now the Danieli. I have gotten a minor thrill out of going to museums and pointing to a specific window in a painting and thinking (or saying), "I stayed in that room." It has made the fond memories of the trip last longer
Old Dec 24, 2008, 10:06 am

Programs: DL DM 1MM, Marriott Platinum,Avis First
Eurpora Regina

Of the two I have only stayed at the Europa / Regina. Great view of the grand canal, but can be tricky to find the first few times you are looking for it (but what in venice can't be :-)). We got an upgrade to a canal room and it was fun to be able to step out on the balcony and enjoy the sights / sounds of venice.
Old Dec 27, 2008, 7:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Starwood Platinum, Southwest Airlines Companion Pass, Hilton Diamond
Stayed recently at the Europa/Regina and found it to be delightful. As a Platinum Starwood guest, I was upgraded to a very large two room suite which was well furnished and had a Grand Canal view. Received a nice bottlw of wine served with cheese and crackers for my amenity. Enjoyed the whole experience. Would highly recommend it not only for the rooms but for the great location.
Old Dec 27, 2008, 7:37 pm

Talking

The Danieli has not been maintained as well as the E & R. Mrs. L.P. and I would rate the E & R as the best of the three Starwood properties in Venice. From my previous review of the upgrade success of Platinums, we concluded that the E & R also has the best record.
Old May 11, 2009, 7:17 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Venice advise

Hello Colleagues,

I am planning on stay in Venice for 2 nights (end of my euro trip) and would like some advice on staying at a spg hotel.

My only real prerequisite is having breakfast included with my stay.

I am finding the hotels part of Venice pretty expensive some costing $500 euro a night?

I was wondering if anyone knew the best approach here to combine promotion(s) to stay at one of the hotels.

Best regards,
Rischa.
Old May 11, 2009, 8:17 am

Location: London (UK), Kolkata (India), and a part of the Netherlands you wouldn't like to visit (aka Purmerend)!
Programs: IC Royal Ambassador
In the summer, you should be able to get the E&R for about Eur 250 per night. I'm not a fan of the property. Forget breakfast there......go somewhere else local for a Venetian experience.....otherwise it will drive up your nightly cost hugely.....or, if you have Starpoints, use them for breakfast at the property.

Do you need a double or a single room? On AAA/CAA rates, the E&R have single rooms showing as cheaply as Eur 144 on some nights, doubles for Eur 225.

Or, use cash & points?

These promos also work:
"Save 20% on a two night stay.
When you go to the link and click on the city, a pop-up window shows all cities offering the rate. Not all hotel properties in the city will necessarily offer the promotional rate.

To enjoy this special offer:
• Arrive on a Thursday, Friday or Saturday for a 2-night stay for hotel stay; any night for resort stay
• Book anytime up to the first day of your stay

Participating Resorts - Z2R"

AND:

"Eternal Summer in Europe, Africa, Middle East
Book between May 6 and July 31 for stays thru Sept 30 in Europe, Africa, and Middle East
2 nights gives 20% discount, 3 nights 30% Booking code ETERN"

See the promos sticky on the forum for these!

Last edited by Shantanu; May 11, 2009 at 8:57 am Reason: Added the promos
Old May 11, 2009, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by Shantanu
Do you have approximate dates?
June 18th to the 20th
Old May 11, 2009, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by Shantanu
In the summer, you should be able to get the E&R for about Eur 250 per night. I'm not a fan of the property. Forget breakfast there......go somewhere else local for a Venetian experience.....otherwise it will drive up your nightly cost hugely.....or, if you have Starpoints, use them for breakfast at the property.

Do you need a double or a single room? On AAA/CAA rates, the E&R have single rooms showing as cheaply as Eur 144 on some nights, doubles for Eur 225.

Or, use cash & points?

These promos also work:
"Save 20% on a two night stay.
When you go to the link and click on the city, a pop-up window shows all cities offering the rate. Not all hotel properties in the city will necessarily offer the promotional rate.

To enjoy this special offer:
• Arrive on a Thursday, Friday or Saturday for a 2-night stay for hotel stay; any night for resort stay
• Book anytime up to the first day of your stay

Participating Resorts - Z2R"

AND:

"Eternal Summer in Europe, Africa, Middle East
Book between May 6 and July 31 for stays thru Sept 30 in Europe, Africa, and Middle East
2 nights gives 20% discount, 3 nights 30% Booking code ETERN"

See the promos sticky on the forum for these!
thx for the advise! I was hoping the Eternal Summer would apply to Venice, but it didn't

how many starpoints does breakfast usually cost?
Old May 11, 2009, 10:42 am

Location: London (UK), Kolkata (India), and a part of the Netherlands you wouldn't like to visit (aka Purmerend)!
Programs: IC Royal Ambassador
Z2R does apply for your stay.....have you tried it?

If you call or mail the E&R, they will let you know the points cost for breakfast. You should find out about Breakfast on Instant Awards.

The contact details:
[email protected]
OR
Phone: (39)(041) 240 0001

Good luck!
Old May 11, 2009, 1:05 pm

Programs: Starwood and Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by rischa
thx for the advise! I was hoping the Eternal Summer would apply to Venice, but it didn't

how many starpoints does breakfast usually cost?
I stayed at the E&R in late March - wonderful stay. I believe the breakfast costs 2k points per person- but double check. I don't think its worth it... There are are plenty of breakfast spots within a 5 minute walk of the hotel, that are a far greater value.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 7:38 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

alright bumping this thread. what do people think about an award stay in March for a plat? Where woud they stay. The E&R is significantly cheaper (12K). I am not super interested in spending 30K/night for the Gritti if I have to... but maybe the Danielli I could be talked into...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.