Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Venice [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Venice [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2020, 2:59 pm

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
Staying one night in Venice after a cruise before our flight home. We've been before and really just need a place thats easy to get to/from. Gritti looks awesome but its 1200 Euro the night we want.

The AC sounds like a winner on paper but people complain the beds are super soft which is crazy for a new property.

Thoughts on alternatives?
Old Jan 13, 2020, 3:13 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium
lucycan: Just a quick tip: I was able to buy 100K points (when they were on sale -- are they still?) for $700 and use them to get a free night. Good savings for a fantastic day.
Don't miss the breakfast and do miss the dinner.
Canal-side dock makes it easy to arrive and easy to the airport.
All that being said, if you're talking late-in and early-out, I wouldn't bother. If you have a solid 24, it's the best!
Old Jan 13, 2020, 3:18 pm

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
Thanks StarFleet. The site wants 241,000 points for the one night stay. No thank you! LOL
Old Jun 29, 2020, 12:04 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
I am looking to stay in Venice in early July and while the Gritti would be my first choice from what I can see their rooms / suites generally dont have a Terrace whereas the St. Regis does have options for that. I just wanted to confirm if that is an accurate viewpoint?

As things stand looking at 5 nights on points (St.R) and then maybe a couple of nights at the Gritti to try it.
Old Nov 30, 2021, 1:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, AA Plat
Originally Posted by UKTraveller4Fun
I am looking to stay in Venice in early July and while the Gritti would be my first choice from what I can see their rooms / suites generally dont have a Terrace whereas the St. Regis does have options for that. I just wanted to confirm if that is an accurate viewpoint?

As things stand looking at 5 nights on points (St.R) and then maybe a couple of nights at the Gritti to try it.
I'd be interested in the answer to this question as well. The most important thing to me (after location) is the potential to be upgraded to a room with a terrace. Given Gritti, Danieli and the St. Regis are the same amount of points for a 3 night night stay, I want to go with the place with the most rooms with balconies. I'll be there in mid-June, so I assume it will be crowded.

Anyone have any insight on the best bang for our buck if a terrace/patio is the goal? Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.