FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Sheraton and San Cristobal Tower, Santiago, Chile [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/600437-sheraton-san-cristobal-tower-santiago-chile-master-thread.html)

KENNECTED Jan 6, 2008 8:55 am

Originally Posted by gsupstate (Post 9014671)
Found decent rate here in April. How is this hotel as far as location - proximity to shops, cafe's, metro stops, etc? Seems like the Crowne Plaza is in a good location, wonder how this one compares.

There are three existing threads on properties in Santiago, they include information on your questions, sans the crowne plaza question. You might want to check those threads for property and surrounding information, information.

ajnaro Jan 6, 2008 4:36 pm

The Four Points is right in the middle of the Providencia scene, if that's what you're looking for.

SASfan Jan 8, 2008 7:39 am

It's about a 10-min walk across the street named Andres Bello to the Pedro de Valdivia metro stop, from there you can get to most anywhere the metro goes in Santiago. For convenience, the Four Points is much closer to shops, restaurants, cafes, etc. If you really want to stay in a centralized location in April, try the IC or HIX. If you want to go Starwood, coem in Oct/Nov 08, when the new W opens.

arubalad Jan 28, 2008 10:16 am

Santiago Chile

Any Reccomendations For The Best Starwood Prop?

Eastbay1K Jan 28, 2008 10:25 am

San Cristobal Tower

236Dakota Jan 28, 2008 12:42 pm

If you have a chance to get out of the city try the Sheraton Miramar in Vina del Mar, less than a two hour drive, right on the ocean. All the rooms have ocean views.

ajnaro Jan 31, 2008 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by ajnaro (Post 6603174)

... Nonetheless, I have noticed recently some of the non-official extras have been cut out or diminished. These include a three-tiered silver tray of fruit, nuts, and chocolates that always used to appear in the San Cristóbal Tower accompanied by a bottle of Chilean wine. Now it seems that only one or the other of these extras is supplied, usually the tray, but not the wine.

Both of the extras are now nothing but a pleasant memory from the past. On my last visit, I did get an upgrade to a spectacular suite (on the second day, after a little negotiation). I forgot to check about the 500 points.

prosen Jun 20, 2008 11:00 am

Looking for advice on what to do/where to eat

Anyone have suggestions on what to do and where to eat in Santiago? We will be there for 4 days in august before heading to Valle Nevado for some skiing.

We are pretty adventurous, what are the "must do" experiences and restaurants in Santiago? What restaurants should not be missed?

SASfan Jun 20, 2008 11:32 am

A couple of questions first:

- What is your budget for dinners?
- What type of cuisine do you like?
- Are you looking for 4 different types of food?

We just left Santiago after living there for 15 months - the restaurant scene down there is getting better and better!

prosen Jun 20, 2008 11:50 am

Well we are on a mini honey moon of sorts, so our budget is pretty much unrestricted. Also we are from NYC and eat out quite often, so we rarely get sticker shock at restaurants.

Of course this doesn't mean we only want to sit down at so called upscale restaurants. If there is an amazing whole in the wall, we want to check it out. Whats great and local?

MIKESILV Jun 20, 2008 2:21 pm

I recommend Puerto Foy - International/Chilean cusine and Astrid y Gaston sort of eclectic/South American/Peruvian both places a short taxi trip from the San Christobal Tower.

mike

236Dakota Jun 20, 2008 3:27 pm

Lots of good places to eat in El Bosque.

SASfan Jun 20, 2008 5:18 pm

Puerto Fuy - Chilean cuisine, as mentioned
Aqua - Nice upscale place for a meal, near Puerto Fuy
Astrid & Gaston - Amazing Peruvian food!
Happening - Argentinian steak, Las Condes district
Como Aqua para Chocolate - Bellavista district, nice romantic place
Anakena - Great Thai place in the Hyatt hotel
El Cid - In San Cristobal Tower/Sheraton
Zanzibar - Nice upstairs open-air bar, ethnic cuisine

SASfan Jun 20, 2008 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by SASfan (Post 8876612)
The W Hotels site is now showing a 1 Oct 08 opening date, with some limited info and a few pics of the Las Condes/El Golf area...

Now spg.com showing a March 1, 2009 opening date:

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/whotel...ropertyID=1979

lessthanzero Oct 15, 2008 7:37 am

Hi there,

I have booked a suite at San Cristobal for Thanksgiving, and was wondering if anyone could confirm that they have two seprate rooms? We need to put our infant in one of them for his naps, and would like to be able to spend time close but not too close.

Also, as a lowly Gold, do you get anything at check-in?

Thanks!

LTZ