Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton and San Cristobal Tower, Santiago, Chile [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton and San Cristobal Tower, Santiago, Chile [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2017, 8:53 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Platinum experience

Rafka, the lounge was the highlight of my two recent stays. Opens at 06:30 for breakfast and 7 pm for hors d'oeuvres. Decent food, comp. wine (for Plats) and great views of the mountains. So what were the low lights?
1. Poor Starwood recognition - I asked multiple times for early check in and a suite tower upgrade. None were provided;
2. Pool, Sheraton Fitness - the pools are cold & dirty. The fitness equipment was mainly broken during my visit;
3. Amenities - no coffee makers, no early am coffee in the lobby, no Plat amenities;
I read this thread and asked for a tower (suite) upgrade. None was provided. In fact, Juliana said (as you suggested) they no longer provide. But your experience was otherwise? Only because the lounge was closed?
I also dealt with the Guest Relations Executive, Patricia Mena. A complete waste of time. She smiled a lot, and went home early..........doing nothing.
My advice? Follow the recommendation on TA and stay at the Four Points. A better property and they have a commitment to customer service!
Old Mar 21, 2017, 10:52 am

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Antonio8069
Rafka, the lounge was the highlight of my two recent stays. Opens at 06:30 for breakfast and 7 pm for hors d'oeuvres. Decent food, comp. wine (for Plats) and great views of the mountains. So what were the low lights?
1. Poor Starwood recognition - I asked multiple times for early check in and a suite tower upgrade. None were provided;
2. Pool, Sheraton Fitness - the pools are cold & dirty. The fitness equipment was mainly broken during my visit;
3. Amenities - no coffee makers, no early am coffee in the lobby, no Plat amenities;
I read this thread and asked for a tower (suite) upgrade. None was provided. In fact, Juliana said (as you suggested) they no longer provide. But your experience was otherwise? Only because the lounge was closed?
I also dealt with the Guest Relations Executive, Patricia Mena. A complete waste of time. She smiled a lot, and went home early..........doing nothing.
My advice? Follow the recommendation on TA and stay at the Four Points. A better property and they have a commitment to customer service!
Hi Antonio,

Thanks for the info on the lounge.

I have actually had pretty good Plat recognition here. Yes, the Tower upgrades aren't happening anymore, since they finished the refurb on the main Sheraton building and there's now plenty of rooms in their upgrade pool. The San Cristobal Tower is considered to be a separate property, so upgrades there are the exception, rather than the norm. But I always get a junior suite upgrade here, and I like the fact they're modern, if somewhat compact.

I have also lately been getting nice amenities like a full-sized bottle of wine and chocolates+fruit in my room.

The Four Points is better located, but I find their breakfast really subpar. Often you can find both properties at the same price range, and considering the modern rooms and lounge, I usually choose the Sheraton.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 1:56 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
any recent experience at San Cristobal Tower, a LC hotel?
Old Jul 12, 2017, 3:43 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Having recently had another visit, I got to try the Sheraton Club Lounge for the first time, so I thought I'd do a comparison with the lounge at the San Cristobal.

Opening times: while the happy hour is longer at the San Cristobal (6:30-9:00PM vs 7:00-9:00PM at the Sheraton), the Sheraton Lounge is open throughout the day, with coffee, tea, soft drinks and snacks (usually just fruit).

Food: I believe it's exactly the same food at both, except in smaller quantities at the Sheraton, and less often replenished.

Beverages: everything is served by the waiters at the SC, with free pours of soft drinks, beer, wine, cocktails and liquor. At the Sheraton soft drinks and water at in the fridge, and only house wine is available (I managed to get 2 refills in 2h because the single waiter usually disappears for long stretches).

Breakfast: very solid breakfast at the SC, but surprisingly very good also at the Sheraton lounge.

Verdict: while the Sheraton Club Lounge is (understandably) a step down from the top floor lounge at the San Cristobal, it is very good for food, and acceptable in terms of beverages. Both lounges are not very large, but the Sheraton feels a bid more cramped and understaffed. Still, great service for a hotel where you can frequently find BRG rates below U$100
Old Aug 14, 2017, 5:44 pm

Upgraded from Sheraton to San Cristobal

50 night Plat and got upgraded recently for a one night stay from the Sheraton to the San Cristobal Tower. I never knew that you can be upgraded from one property to another. It is funny that I go into the app and see Luxury Collection.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 8:21 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
We have 2 nights prior to a cruise in Santiago in February. Cruiseline is putting us in San Cristobal the 2nd night, we're coming down a day earlier to explore Santiago and have made reservations at both the Sheraton (7000 points) and the San Cristobal (12,000 points). Rates are very high for both and we have the points . . .

Would folks anticipate a problem with a quick check out from the Sheraton after the first night and a quick check in to the San Cristobal without having to wait for a room? Or just spend the extra points and link the reservations (leaning towards this).
Old Oct 28, 2017, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by Out of my Element
Would folks anticipate a problem with a quick check out from the Sheraton after the first night and a quick check in to the San Cristobal without having to wait for a room? Or just spend the extra points and link the reservations (leaning towards this).
I don't see why it would be a problem, especially since you're directly onsite, you could check into the San Cristóbal prior to checking out of the Sheraton. If you're Platinum out should be even less of an issue, with a 4pm checkout. If you're Plat, btw don't miss sunset from the rooftop lounge at the San Cristóbal
Old Oct 29, 2017, 10:56 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Can someone let me know a current email address for Sheraton Santiago?
Old Oct 29, 2017, 11:50 am

PM

PM on its way.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 5:17 pm

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Originally Posted by RafKa
I don't see why it would be a problem, especially since you're directly onsite, you could check into the San Cristóbal prior to checking out of the Sheraton. If you're Platinum out should be even less of an issue, with a 4pm checkout. If you're Plat, btw don't miss sunset from the rooftop lounge at the San Cristóbal
Thanks. We might try that.

Just Gold, unfortunately.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 9:43 am

We now have reservations at the San Cristobal for both nights. Now to find 2 days worth of activities in Santiago without going to vineyards (we did Napa in May) or Valporaiso!
Old Dec 16, 2017, 2:37 am

two recommendations

I can definitely recommend two:
- the Museum of Human Rights (La Memoria) is worth 2 hours. All about the Pinochet era;
- each day in the main square there is a Free Santiago tour. These are students working for tips - and they are inclined to give you the straight goods.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 5:26 am

Back from our stay and we really liked the San Cristobal. Got to the hotel around noon and they had a room ready for us on the 11th floor (it has 22 floors or so) with a city/river view. Room was great with lots of outlets, big bathroom, comfy bed, etc.

They gave us lounge access (we are Gold) and had a very nice spread that first night and a good b'fast that next morning. Then the rest of the cruise group showed up and they all had lounge access (not sure if that was a hotel nicety or if it was negotiated, it wasn't in the paperwork) so the lounge was very full the second night and food was tougher to come by (they had to open the lounge and restaurant areas to seat everyone). B'fast the last AM was just pastries in the lobby due to very early departure for the airport.

We did the HOHO the first day and ended up getting off in Bellavista and exploring there and walked back to the hotel (further than it looks), and did a day trip to Valporaiso the second day with a driver arranged thru the concierge at the Sheraton, which was great.

As previously mentioned, from the lobby of one hotel to the other is about 100 feet. They share a large pool (no hot tub) which wasn't heated, and even though temps were near 90 the water was cold and the pool was mostly empty.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 1:12 am

The San Cristobal Tower no longer exists as a separate Luxury Collection property.

A recent guest at TripAdvisor writes that it has been merged into the Sheraton Santiago as another wing of the hotel.

Indeed, the Sheraton, which was formerly listed on its website as having 379 rooms, now has 525 rooms.

All listings for the San Cristobal Tower are gone from the Marriott site too.

Last edited by James Luckard; Sep 11, 2018 at 1:58 am
Old Sep 11, 2018, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by James Luckard
The San Cristobal Tower no longer exists as a separate Luxury Collection property.

A recent guest at TripAdvisor writes that it has been merged into the Sheraton Santiago as another wing of the hotel.

Indeed, the Sheraton, which was formerly listed on its website as having 379 rooms, now has 525 rooms.

All listings for the San Cristobal Tower are gone from the Marriott site too.
Wow - I wonder if they'll now update the rooms in the San Cristobal Tower. They are much larger than the regular Sheraton rooms. If not, chances are Plats will be upgraded into them...

Also wondering if the Sheraton Buenos Aires will follow suit as they have a nearly identical setup with the next door LC property.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.