Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Excelsior - Florence, Italy [Master Thread]

Westin Excelsior - Florence, Italy [Master Thread]

Hide Wikipost
Old Aug 2, 19, 11:37 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: margarita girl
Wiki Link
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Old Jan 4, 20, 8:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by beachfan View Post
Stayed in early October, it was a special occasion (my wifeís big number birthday) and got an outstanding grand deluxe suite upgrade (photo 26 on the web page pictures).

Iím a repeat guest (not many times, but a few). Iím sure that helped.

thanks for the info!
Old Feb 11, 20, 6:18 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold, United Silver, BA Bronze
Just finished a 4 night stay. Upgraded as a Titanium to the highest level regular room, Arno River Premium. It was as large as some junior suites I have stayed in, with 2 small balconies overlooking the river. It had a separate bath tub, shower and toilet alongside 2 sinks.

I had toyed with using SNAs but the highest category available was a junior suite without a view. I am glad I didn't. All the river view suites, on the same floor as us, appeared booked out.

The breakfast spread is superb, very high quality and a large selection. The staff really go above and beyond with their service as well.

The location is ideal for exploring either side of the river on foot.

A great stay and I definitely recommend the property.
margarita girl and jimdarcy like this.
Old Feb 21, 20, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Concierge Key/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite lifetime
Would you all recommend this hotel over St. Regis?
Old Feb 21, 20, 2:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold, United Silver, BA Bronze
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777 View Post
Would you all recommend this hotel over St. Regis?
When I was there 2 weeks ago, the St Regis had scaffolding up the entire building on the side which faces the Westin and part of the river facing side. So you may want to check TripAdvisor reviews to see if that is causing disruption.

The rooms certainly look a higher spec at the St Regis but I couldn't justify the extra cost. You are after all in essentially the same location.
Old Mar 3, 20, 3:38 pm

April resevations

Tried to cancel a prepaid April stay and get a refund. No dice, the hotel says they are fully operational...
Old Mar 3, 20, 11:42 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by jimdarcy View Post
Tried to cancel a prepaid April stay and get a refund. No dice, the hotel says they are fully operational...
Currently only stays through March 31 can be cancelled without penalty.

https://marriott-re-2019ncovc.com
Old Mar 4, 20, 12:01 am

Originally Posted by clublounger View Post
Currently only stays through March 31 can be cancelled without penalty.

https://marriott-re-2019ncovc.com
very helpful, thanks!
Old May 29, 21, 10:26 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Titatnium, HH Gold
Just had a fantastic stay here - the staff were excellent and extremely helpful navigating Florence in Covid. The lobby bar is closed, but Sesto on the roof is open. This may change as of June 1 when indoor dining in Italy is supposed to come back.
Old May 30, 21, 6:29 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, AA Platinum, UA Silver
Originally Posted by dcmike View Post
Just had a fantastic stay here - the staff were excellent and extremely helpful navigating Florence in Covid. The lobby bar is closed, but Sesto on the roof is open. This may change as of June 1 when indoor dining in Italy is supposed to come back.
Do you know if St. Regis has reopened yet? It was looking like maybe June 1 return, but also saw it might be end of June. They havenít publicized anything.
Old May 30, 21, 8:47 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Titatnium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by WalruSara View Post
Do you know if St. Regis has reopened yet? It was looking like maybe June 1 return, but also saw it might be end of June. They havenít publicized anything.
So, when I looked at our dates, they were not an option. As we were there (last weekend) all of the shutters reopened on the hotel and there were signs of life. If they're not open again, it definitely looked like they were moving toward opening.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: