Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Westin Verasa Napa [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dgreen12
Print Wikipost

The Westin Verasa Napa [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2013, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by jazzhou
What's the difference between The Westin Verasa Napa and The Westin Verasa Residences Napa? I didn't know there was The Westin Verasa Residences Napa until looking up the former on Google Map. It has a location for The Westin Verasa Napa Residences Presentation Center. I found this thread dedicated to The Westin Verasa Residences Napa rather than just The Westin Verasa Napa.

Are they the same? I'm planning a visit in the area and just curious.
Is it fundamentally a time share property?
Old Feb 5, 2013, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
Is it fundamentally a time share property?
No, it appears the "residences" is the way they offloaded the building costs (and probably more) to retail condo "investors" in 2006 without going the timeshare route -- this article claims $60m in revenues. It's the same building.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hillrider
No, it appears the "residences" is the way they offloaded the building costs (and probably more) to retail condo "investors" in 2006 without going the timeshare route -- this article claims $60m in revenues. It's the same building.
Zillow has these units listed: see example here: http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/13...79815529_zpid/; the value destruction is pretty amazing.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 8:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I would assume that the presentation center is a sales office for condos or timeshares associated with the property.

FWIW, the two bedroom deluxe suite that I was upgraded into (as a Plat from a AAA rate for a (non deluxe) one bedroom suite) seemed very residential with a quite nice full kitchen with a huge refrigerator-freezer, gourmet dishwasher, etc., and of course granite countertops. It was an eat-in kitchen with a high counter seating area with a few bar stools plus a dining area with a table that could seat at least six easily.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 12:28 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, ICG Platinum Royal Ambassador, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by hillrider
Zillow has these units listed: see example here: http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/13...79815529_zpid/; the value destruction is pretty amazing.
Hillrider thanks. While it is a very comfortable hotel it is amazing how developers are able to continue to convince the public to grossly overpay for these types of destination properties.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 2:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I would assume that the presentation center is a sales office for condos or timeshares associated with the property.

FWIW, the two bedroom deluxe suite that I was upgraded into (as a Plat from a AAA rate for a (non deluxe) one bedroom suite) seemed very residential with a quite nice full kitchen with a huge refrigerator-freezer, gourmet dishwasher, etc., and of course granite countertops. It was an eat-in kitchen with a high counter seating area with a few bar stools plus a dining area with a table that could seat at least six easily.
I thought all the kitchens were like this? I have only stayed in deluxe 1 beds however but I thought that all the 1 bed suites had the same kitchen.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 10:13 pm
Community Director Emerita

We had a very pleasant one night stay here. I've been aware of the property for several years, but somehow had acquired a *meh* sense about the place from posts in this thread. It turned out to be an excellent property, and I would happily stay here again.

We drove up in front on a winding driveway, passing the self park underground parking. It was our intent to get our room, then move the car. We immediately learned that parking was covered in our resort fee, irrespective of whether we used valet or self park. OK! So much for the virtues of self park. We were impressed with how quickly our car was brought up during the several ins and outs of our stay. We'd call from our room and the car would be in front when we got downstairs.

Our check in was handled very professionally. I was welcomed as a platinum guest and offered 500 points, continental breakfast for two, or the local gift of a bubble wrap wine bag. I was upgraded to a one bedroom suite on the third floor (which happens to be the top floor). The amenity fee was reduced to $10 from $20 for plats.

The suite was lovely. It had 2 bathrooms, one with tub and shower, and one with shower. The bedroom was very spacious. There was a full kitchen, a dining bar with 3 stools, a table with 6 chairs, and a comfortable seating area of sofa and two upholstered chairs. The kitchen was fully equiped with dishes and utensils. It was nicely decorated and everything was in excellent condition.

We were sorry to move on to a second hotel (stay credits, you know) after one night. We were able to book one night because it was a weeknight stay. On weekend, a 2 night stay is required.

Food tip: Go to Oxbow Market, just blocks from the hotel. Buy a pint of cardamon ice cream from Three Twins and keep whatever isn't immediately eaten in the freezer of your refrigerator. It is incredibly good.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 9:27 am

Programs: SPG PLAT, UA PLAT, AmEx Plat
I have a question.. Wondering if anyone can help. We are looking to go to Napa for 3 days in April. There are 4 of us (2 couples), and staying in a 2br suite would be perfect. Do you think there is any way to guarantee a 2br suite upgrade short of just booking it (I'm plat, tracking 120nights/year). For example would suite awards bump me from 1br suite to 2?
Old Mar 9, 2013, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by moshennik
I have a question.. Wondering if anyone can help. We are looking to go to Napa for 3 days in April. There are 4 of us (2 couples), and staying in a 2br suite would be perfect. Do you think there is any way to guarantee a 2br suite upgrade short of just booking it (I'm plat, tracking 120nights/year). For example would suite awards bump me from 1br suite to 2?
The base room here is a studio. You could book two rooms, then ask your ambassador to contact the hotel and request that you be given a one bedroom suite with an adjoining room for your friends. We were upgraded to a one bedroom suite with the adjacent room locked off.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 9:58 am

SanDiego1K, thanks for the insight.. I am looking at
http://www.westinnapa.com/rooms/two-bedroom-suites
is this really just a one br suite with a connecting room marketed as a 2br?
Old Mar 9, 2013, 10:08 am

Honestly, I don't know. That's the living room we had. I just looked at the one bedroom suite and it showed a smaller living room. Perhaps we were given a 2 bedroom suite with one of the bedrooms locked off? That's pure conjecture on my part. You could put your ambassador to work getting clarity on this or call the hotel directly.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 10:51 am

thanks! doing it right now. Also, how did u like the place? Location? Things to do for a long weekend? ( this is my first trip to Napa)
Old Mar 9, 2013, 11:01 am

Also, how did u like the place? Location? Things to do for a long weekend? ( this is my first trip to Napa)
We love Napa and the surrounding area. We've been staying in Sonoma the past several trips, love it, but also loved our move to Napa. The hotel itself is a touch isolated, though only a few minute drive to anywhere in Napa. It is across the street from the parking lot for the wine train. It is a few blocks from Oxbow Market. I highly recommend a stop there for high end food provisions. And of course there are extraordinary restaurants in Napa and surroundings. We particularly enjoyed Mustards. If you're going to be there on a weekend and food is important to you, try to book restaurants in advance. We saw folks turned away without a booking two weeks back.

I encourage you to buy a guide. Frommers has a nice pocketguide that outlines day itineraries. Also, I liked this New York Times article on how to spend 36 hours in Napa.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 11:15 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, ICG Platinum Royal Ambassador, Avis President's Club
The two bedroom suites are actual suites -- no connecting hotel room. As a SPG Platinum member they may upgrade you into one. It provides you with about the same living room space.. an extra bathroom.

Our favorite rooms are the ones on the highest floors facing the Napa river. The rooms on the first floor due to the design of the hotel have much higher ceilings if you prefer more interior space.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
The hotel itself is a touch isolated, though only a few minute drive to anywhere in Napa. It is a few blocks from Oxbow Market. I highly recommend a stop there for high end food provisions. Also, I liked this New York Times article on how to spend 36 hours in Napa.
The charm of this hotel is its location and affordability. The two hotels mentioned in the NYT article are much less preferable for different reasons. If you are on the river side there is no highway noise, buildings, obstructions. The two best hotels in the valley Meadowood and Auberge will cost you a fortune.

The other benefit of the Westin suite is that it has a stocked kitchen area where you can bring back, store and easily reheat food from the Oxbow complex (a short walk). The model bakery is great for breakfast foods and lattes in the morning. The Fatted calf and Five Dot are great for sandwiches. There are balconies where you can sit on the deck with a glass of wine with friends.

Last edited by point bonita lighthouse; Mar 9, 2013 at 11:33 am Reason: additional point

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.