Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Merigot Santa Monica, CA (former JW) [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Le Merigot Santa Monica, CA (former JW) [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2016, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
I think you need to pay for an ocean view room if that is important to you. There are too many rooms at all these properties that do not have a view, and upgrades will depend on the occupancy level and other factors. Some of the Marriott rooms do have obstructed views, but one would presume they are marked as such. If you like balconies then I would go with a high floor at the Fairmont, as we did last year.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 3:48 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Pay for what you need and ask for what you want.
rambling man likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 11:04 am

Someone previously stated to choose your hotel near the location you want to be. Agree entirely as travel times especially weekends are lengthy. Stayed away from this hotel before due to negative comments, however decided to stay because of location. Our stay was magnificent. As a platinum, upgraded to sixth floor room with balcony. Room was modern and clean with shower. As no CL, was allowed $16.50pp credit in the restaurant. This amount covered the continental breakfast, which allowed all the cold items on the buffet. Buffet was plentiful, excellent value.
Attached Images      
Old Apr 19, 2017, 5:14 pm

Programs: UAL 1K MM, Marriott Ambassador
Found this hotel to be over rated - not great neighborhood, homeless all over, etc
Old Apr 20, 2017, 8:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
doctor, thanks for the update & pics!

Lani1, the property is near the beach/Santa Monica pier. Location is very good.

Santa Monica has a lot of homeless people, so unless someone is willing to knock the entire city off their list of places to stay, they may encounter some homeless re: of chain/property.

Cheers.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 7:07 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Anyone been here recently??
Old Mar 11, 2018, 10:50 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by mizzou miles
Anyone been here recently??
I've stayed there a couple of times in the past several weeks.

Good service, and they try to upgrade plats depending on availability. It's a nice location and a pleasant walk either out the back onto the pathway or on the front toward restaurants and bars. Good gym too.

In terms of complaints ... (1) the pool deck leaves something to be desired and could use a hot tub and (2) the hotel doesn't have a lounge and the breakfast provided to gold/plat is subpar -- particularly considering it is a JW. It is a very strict basic continental breakfast with no proteins (eggs, meats, salmon, etc). They won't give you a credit toward anything on the menu either. Also, if you haven't been there before, its not on the ocean -- close but there are buildings between the hotel and the ocean.

Still, I like it but there are unfortunately not any alternatives in the Marriwood family that get you on the water in LA.
Thunderroad likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 9:26 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Stayed here in Oct. Room was a really good size, nice quality furniture. We had a view of the Pier. Totally silent. The comp breakfast we got as gold was a cold breakfast, but had a good selection of juices / porridge / fruit / cereals and some pastries. We were initially told at check-in that our vouchers could be used to as part payment for full breakfast, but it appears this had changed in the last day or two, and the front desk wasn't up to date. To be fair the breakfast staff offered to honour what we'd been told.

Staff were all very friendly, although the main doorman/bellman seemed to be a little bit too full of his own trip advisor reputation of being fantastic.

Good location, Chez Jay, a dive bar once frequented by "known" people is 5 mins walk away. The pier is 15 mins walk. Pool area is indeed a little small and often in the shade.

Not having been to Santa Monica before, I was surprised by the number of homeless people, my partner described it as like a scene from the walking dead. The odd one could be found having an argument with a lamppost.
mizzou miles likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2019, 8:22 am

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott LT Platinum
Any recent experiences at this property?

I'm familiar with the area, but in the past found myself at the Fairmont or Viceroy

Thanks in advance
Old Oct 4, 2021, 10:50 am
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Any recent stays at this property?
Old Oct 23, 2022, 3:01 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
It seems this hotel is no longer branded a JW Marriott; still in the booking system but without any brand attached.
Old Dec 6, 2022, 11:31 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Gold and Current Platinum, Hilton Gold
Any recent stays?
Old Dec 15, 2022, 3:15 pm
BCH

Originally Posted by Nash_Andrew
Any recent stays?
I'm also wondering if there are any recent reports? No longer appears to be a JW property (as mentioned above) and the pictures make it look outdated and not really luxurious. Wondering if it's better than Le Meridien that's a few mins away. Or if I just should book the Loews?
Old Feb 24, 2023, 5:46 pm

Programs: DL - DM, Charter KM; Marriott Ambassador
Definitely outdated. Not nice.
Old Oct 29, 2023, 7:34 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by davidw70
It seems this hotel is no longer branded a JW Marriott; still in the booking system but without any brand attached.
It's part of the Autograph collection now. They claim they did renovations recently (some were complaining about the noise on Google reviews). I wonder how the property is now?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.