Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in New Orleans [Merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in New Orleans [Merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2016, 4:44 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Gold, Everything else: Dirt
Does anyone have any suggestions regarding the JW vs the New Orleans Marriott? Same price, and I have gold status, traveling with 3 people total. Due to a conference, these are the only choices I have.

Thanks in advance!
Old Feb 1, 2016, 8:08 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott lifetime Plt, UA 1MM
One addition on the New Orleans Renaissance Arts. We were not given a voucher but a folio credit for each guest. So for two days we got a credit of $60. We only had breakfast once at the hotel and ended up with a $30 credit towards the room.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 5:48 am
Suspended

Programs: BA OWE
Originally Posted by MaineFlyer16
Does anyone have any suggestions regarding the JW vs the New Orleans Marriott? Same price, and I have gold status, traveling with 3 people total. Due to a conference, these are the only choices I have.

Thanks in advance!
For the conference you are going to Marriott will be mobbed. JW is only a few minutes walk and should be more relaxing. Fewer people drunk stumbling around as well. I have read the lounge at JW is also quite nice.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 10:35 am

Programs: UA Gold, BONVOY TIT
Originally Posted by Development
For the conference you are going to Marriott will be mobbed. JW is only a few minutes walk and should be more relaxing. Fewer people drunk stumbling around as well. I have read the lounge at JW is also quite nice.
The JW is right across the street from the Marriott and the lounge is indeed nice. If they are the same price I'd go with the JW.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 11:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by rdurlabhji
The JW is right across the street from the Marriott and the lounge is indeed nice. If they are the same price I'd go with the JW.
Agree. I've attended many conventions/conferences in NOLA & usually stayed at the Marriott. Last time the JW was cheaper than the Marriott, stayed there & walked across the street to the conference at the Marriott. Easy-peasy & the JW was nicer.

Cheers.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 7:58 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Gold, Everything else: Dirt
Thanks for the great advice everyone!
Old Feb 19, 2016, 8:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Lifetime PLT
Going for 5 nights in march. Ren Arts, JW and FS Marriott are all the same points. Do all 3 of these hotels have clubs? Do they all have weekend access? The Ritz worth splurging?

I have stayed previously at the Marriott and the JW years ago so thinking this time might give a hotel in another area a go so im leaning towards the Ren unless there is some compelling reason not to. This will be during st. pattys day weekend. Any feedback would be appreciated.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 9:00 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lifetime United Gold and 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Marriott and SPG Platinum , AA, Hilton
Originally Posted by njxbean
Going for 5 nights in march. Ren Arts, JW and FS Marriott are all the same points. Do all 3 of these hotels have clubs? Do they all have weekend access? The Ritz worth splurging?

I have stayed previously at the Marriott and the JW years ago so thinking this time might give a hotel in another area a go so im leaning towards the Ren unless there is some compelling reason not to. This will be during st. pattys day weekend. Any feedback would be appreciated.
Definitely the jw but the marriott is good too. Ren is OK but too far unless you're going to the convention center and no lounge. Jw lounge is on ground floor now and breakfast and evening apps were good.
Old Feb 20, 2016, 5:10 pm

Programs: UA Gold, BONVOY TIT
Originally Posted by TheMan
Definitely the jw but the marriott is good too. Ren is OK but too far unless you're going to the convention center and no lounge. Jw lounge is on ground floor now and breakfast and evening apps were good.
Ren is about a 15 minute walk to the quarter. However it's closer to the convention center, cruise terminal, warehouse district, garden district, and WWII museum. JW and FS right there on Canal. The lounge is nice at the JW and I believe if you are there on Wednesday the honor bar drinks are free.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just completed a 3 night stay at the Marriott on Canal. Really excellent food and service in the M Lounge. For breakfast they open a door into the restaurant and you have access to the full buffet. 5 to 7 pm, 2 excellent, fresh hot items replenished frequently and the usual veggies, cheese, cold cuts and bread. Staff constantly clearing and cleaning tables.

No upgrade for plat.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 2:50 pm

Programs: DL Gold; Bonvoy Gold; HHonors Diamond; Avis Preferred, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
Just completed a 3 night stay at the Marriott on Canal.
Just to be clear, was this the Marriott or the JW Marriott on Canal?
Old Oct 1, 2016, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by jalves
Just to be clear, was this the Marriott or the JW Marriott on Canal?
I'm guessing the reg Marriott, as it has an M Lounge. I'd be interested in knowing for the exec lounge sticky, if it's open on the weekends - and what I mean by that is does it have evening apps/drinkies on Fri - Sat nights as well as during the week.

On a dif note. The Marriott on Canal has this promo going (saw it on the website when I was looking for M Lounge info):

"TWO COMPLIMENTARY COCKTAILS PER NIGHT!
Book our favored DRINK. SLEEP. PLAY. relax. REPEAT package and enjoy deluxe accommodations and two cocktails per night stay. So, grab a cocktail, find a perch and watch the wild side of New Orleans drift by."
Old Oct 1, 2016, 10:10 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1MM,
Havent seen much on here about the Renaissance Pere Marquette where I just stayed, so I will add some info here:

No lounge, however, what you get in return is pretty cool. A "refreshment room" next to the bar with beverages and light snacks. Two free appetizers from the lobby bar in the evenings, breakfast buffet for two in the restaurant in the mornings. The breakfast buffet was pretty basic, I would never pay for it though. It was exactly what you see in the standard lounges: powdered scrambled eggs, fruit, breads and pastries, yogurt, bacon, sausage, etc. But the happy hour appetizers in the bar were better than what most lounges offer. Its a pretty full menu.

The rooms were nice, not amazing, but very nice. As a LPP, I was on the top floor which is 19. Decent views of the city from there. The location of this hotel is good, just on the other side of Canal street from the quarter, and walkable to just about anything. I had some drives to do for work, so my only complaint was that the valet parking was incredibly slow. Took 23 minutes to retrieve my car one day and 29 minutes the second day. Plan ahead!
Old Oct 1, 2016, 10:55 am

Thanks for the update on the Pere Marquette. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 1:40 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
No upgrade for plat.
Originally Posted by JC5280
The rooms were nice, not amazing, but very nice. As a LPP, I was on the top floor which is 19. Decent views of the city from there.
Both of these properties have some very small rooms, some average size rooms and some sightly larger rooms. So long as you were not in one of the tiny rooms, you were likely given a better room because of your status. Vicky, if you could see the river from your room, you were given somewhat of an upgrade. The larger rooms tend to be farther from the elevator. I stayed in that property a couple times without status and several times with status. The room difference was significant, although the room when I had status wasn't anything particularly nice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.