Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in New Orleans [Merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in New Orleans [Merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2001, 8:34 pm

Programs: United 1K MM - 1.7M actually, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hertz Gold
So is this property better than the Renaissance?

We are staying there for a few nights right after Mardi Gras
Old Dec 26, 2001, 5:54 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by DADISGARYK:
So is this property better than the Renaissance?

We are staying there for a few nights right after Mardi Gras
</font>
I live in New Orleans, and cannot think of a Renaissance. Maybe someone can clear this up?

Old Dec 26, 2001, 8:04 pm

Programs: United 1K MM - 1.7M actually, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hertz Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Jon Gegenheimer:
I live in New Orleans, and cannot think of a Renaissance. Maybe someone can clear this up?

</font>
It's the Pere Marquette on Common Street -- is this the best Marriott property in New Orleans?

Old Dec 26, 2001, 8:41 pm

Programs: UA Premier, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
There was a thread here recently that bashed the Renaissance. Note the stay mentioned was soon after the property opened.

I have been in the public rooms at the Marriott (not stayed there) and it strikes me as another large convention hotel.

That being said, I may also be in MSY for the Super Bowl. Does anyone have any ideas on obtaining a room (at any Marriott property) at a 'semi-reasonable' rate. I just turned Platinum with Marriott if that matters. My current reservation is in Baton Rouge.

[This message has been edited by BillMorrow (edited 12-26-2001).]
Old Dec 26, 2001, 9:47 pm

Programs: US 1 Mar Plt Hertz PC
Bill Morrow--Good luck trying to get a room near New Orleans for Super-Bowl. My travel agent found a Best Western 50 miles away for $300 per night. Marriott Elite line said status was blacked out due to "special event"
Old Dec 27, 2001, 10:48 am

I've stayed at NO Marriott 5-6 times in past 4 years. 3 times I got upgraded (I asked VERY nicely, but Silver members have to be a little assertive to get upgrades if at all)to a "Jr Suite" which is an oversized corner room with a wet bar, built in fridge, dining table, extra couch arrangement (and a Murphy bed). The other two times had a standard Marriott room, but no bad surprises. Never made it to the concierge floor.

The swimming pool is WINDY up between the towers. Parking is valet only and for a fee, but they've always been very pleasant and service-oriented.

If you can get a room there at a good rate, I think you'll be very happy.
Old Dec 27, 2001, 7:27 pm

There are several Marriott properties still available in the Baton Rouge area starting at about $70/night for Super Bowl weekend. It's about an hour away from MSY by interstate. If you have to rent a car, an extra 15 minutes doesn't hurt. Especially with the current double, double promotion.
Old Dec 28, 2001, 11:27 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by BillMorrow:
There was a thread here recently that bashed the Renaissance. Note the stay mentioned was soon after the property opened.</font>
That was me who bashed the Renaissance...I wanted to like the place, but the customer service was nonexistant. I just wanted to mention that I stayed there Dec. 6-9...the hotel opened in mid-October, I believe. If my stay can be considered "soon after the property opened," than I think an early February stay might expect the same results!

Old Jan 10, 2002, 8:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Just bringing this back to the top to see if anyone has any preference to which one of these two hotels only I should stay at in reference to walking to the French Quarter?

Any insight would be much appreciated
Old Jan 12, 2002, 8:38 am

I'm sorry I can't help you with the two properties you listed, but I agree with Simon about the Courtyard. The location is great for the French Quarter, and the street car is right outside the building for trips to the Garden District.

Old Feb 9, 2002, 10:56 am

Renaissance's New Orleans

This hotel is really nice eventhough it is built into an old medical building. Also much cheaper than the Marriott there. Location is only two blocks to walk to the French Quarter
Old Jun 10, 2002, 7:50 am

New Orleans - SpringHill Suites

Has anyone ever stayed at SpringHill Suites New Orleans/Convention Center 301 St. Joseph Street New Orleans, LA 70130?

Is it close to French Quarter? Within walking distance or cab?

What was the hotel rooms and hotel itself like? What about cont breakfast - worth it or get your own?

Any other info would be helpful.

Old Jun 10, 2002, 9:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
I was there in january for a few nights. I walked it mostly, its a solid 15 plus minute walk to the quarter. Not bad, but if you are not one to walk then its a $5 cab ride.

The rooms are standard SH Suite style with the mini kitchen and the semi blocked off bedroom. The rooms were a tad bit small compared with other SHS I've been at. Not bad considering its a city property though. I found the rates very reasonable compared with other Marriott properties in the big easy

Breakfast was typical SHS. I mean if you like cereal, toast, bagels, eggs, sausage, juice, etc.. typical continental.. then its ok. There isn't much within a block or two of the area, like if you are trying to run out to a store or coffee shop though.

I didn't have a car, but they have a pretty good size garage attached to it.
Old Jun 11, 2002, 10:43 pm

I stayed there about a month ago using W14's during JazzFest.

To expand on TH's comments: It is a brand new property with a pretty nice staff. Parking is $18/day in their covered garage. It's not an easy walk to the Quarter, but there are alternatives. It is about 4-5 blocks from the St Charles streetcar line which will take you as far as Canal St. Additionally, the Riverfront streetcar line is a 5 minute walk from the hotel. There is a sidewalk between the convention center and the Riverfront Mall. Walk down the sidewalk until reach the entry steps to the mall and bear right on the street to the railroad tracks. When you reach the tracks, you will see the the streetcar stop. It costs $1.50 (exact change only) one way and takes you to the Quarter along the river. Service becomes more sparse later in the evening and ends at 11pm. Typically, I would take the streetcar into the Quarter and a taxi back.

The Praline Connection restaurant (Lunch & Dinner) is located on the first corner as you walk towards the convention center. If you turn right at that corner, you will come to a local store 1 block (2?) further down. They serve good sandwiches until 5pm and have a decent selection of snacks and beverages. Emeril's is also close-by.

Also nearby is the new D-Day Museum which should not be missed.

Old Jun 11, 2002, 10:44 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Stay Experience sought at the Renaissance New Orleans?

Greetings all I am seeking any details from a stay experience @ The Renaissance Pere Marquette Hotel in New Orleans
the quality of rooms and size/space ,bed comfort,treatment of golds and platinums in general club floor quality,health club,restaraunts and so on.
The Marriott New orleans to me has only been a satisfactory nothing special hotel and overpriced with stiff booking penalties and absurd requirements to book at certain times
appreciate the feedback
Thank You!!!~

[This message has been edited by 777 global mile hound (edited 06-11-2002).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.