Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton La Caleta Resort & Spa, Tenerife, Spain CLOSED 1 Jul 2022 [Master Thread]

Sheraton La Caleta Resort & Spa, Tenerife, Spain CLOSED 1 Jul 2022 [Master Thread]

Old Apr 14, 13, 7:38 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, UA-PP, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-1K
Can anyone comment on the island itself? Will we need a car or want a car for a 6 night stay? What things would you recommend we see, if we wanted a day out? We want to relax, but if there is/are interesting things to see or do, we would want to do some of those things.

Thanks
Old Apr 15, 13, 3:19 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite
Rental car is a must when visiting the Island. My hot spots:

Parque Nacional Las Canadas del Teide and
Volcan el Teide (full day trip including cable car ride to the highest mountain in Spain with 3718 meter. Take warm clothes with you!)

Masca Valley (stopover) and the very small road down to Buenavista del Norte (roundtrip 5-6 hours)

Punta de Teno (road from Buenavista del Norte to Teno). Street usually is closed but most people ignore it and continue to this outstanding view point...)

Playing golf at Buenavista, Abama or Adeje Golf!

Enjoy
Old Apr 15, 13, 12:41 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, UA-PP, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-1K
Originally Posted by aschb View Post
Rental car is a must when visiting the Island. My hot spots:

Parque Nacional Las Canadas del Teide and
Volcan el Teide (full day trip including cable car ride to the highest mountain in Spain with 3718 meter. Take warm clothes with you!)

Masca Valley (stopover) and the very small road down to Buenavista del Norte (roundtrip 5-6 hours)

Punta de Teno (road from Buenavista del Norte to Teno). Street usually is closed but most people ignore it and continue to this outstanding view point...)

Playing golf at Buenavista, Abama or Adeje Golf!

Enjoy

Thanks! Will sort out the rental and note these place down. ^
Old Mar 31, 14, 1:31 pm
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
this is strange ? : Club ocean view, non-smoking: King Bed Prepaid Rate + breakfast Non refundable deposit - no changes allowed from EUR 199
High floor with amazing ocean views from private terrace featuring special amenities. Club service optional not included

452-517 sq ft / 42-48 m
Club benefits not included
Sweet Sleeper Bed
Separate bath/shower/toilet
Wi-Fi internet for an additional charge

?_?

as a plat i will receive club access though i guess ?
Old Mar 31, 14, 1:54 pm

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Yes, this property sells some club level rooms without club level benefits. Not sure why anyone would purchase this, I think it's basically a superior room. Some fairly angry TripAdvisor reviews from people booking club rooms and being told they have no benefits.

And yes, you would get access as a Plat. It's a good club lounge, actually. The club breakfast is excellent, not in the club lounge but right down by the pool in a separate area.
Old Dec 9, 14, 10:26 am

Programs: Marriott Plat., HHonors gold, IHG Plat., Accor gold, IC Amb, Hertz #1 club, Sixt plat.
Smile Great hotel, Perfect stay

Just came back from a 2 week stay in the Sheraton La Caleta with my family. We had a perfect stay in a really nice hotel!

Had a mixed booking (points, c&p, cash), SPG platinum benefits were excellent.
- Upgrade to deluxe suite for all nights
- Full breakfast (quality / selection is very good). Choice of eating in the main restaurant or in the (more private) pool bar restaurant
- Club lounge access. Kids under 16 years are not allowed inside the lounge but in the very nice outdoor area. Lounge offers great Nespresso all day long, a selection of fresh fruits and cakes from 3 to 5 p.m and a selection of spanish tapas plus alcoholic beverages from 6 to 8 p.m.
- Free parking in the parking garage (regular 10 Euro / day)
- Free internet (connection is good)
- 2 bottles of water (every day)
- Newspaper
- Free unliminted access to the SPA (regular 15 Euro per visit)
- Enhanced bathroom amenities
- Late check out

I don't want to write about restaurants / pools as you can read everything on the website. Prices in the restaurants are not cheap, but the quality is also very good, especially in the Spanish restaurant.

The location of the hotel is in the quite area of Costa Adeje. It's a nice 10 minutes walk amidst impressive scenery to the beautiful beach of "Playa del Duque". A car is highly recommended to see more of the beautiful island.

If you have any questions just send me a PM.
Old Dec 9, 14, 10:55 am

Programs: Bonvoy Plat, AA EXP, Volare Premier, VS Silver, National Emerald Elite, Hertz 5*
Thanks for the update. The choice of main restaurant vs pool bar restaurant is new I think. When I went it was pool restaurant only.
Old Dec 9, 14, 12:54 pm

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
The choice of location for breakfast has been in place for at least two years (I arrived yesterday on my 7th visit here).

New GM. The old one is now running the Westin Vendome in Paris.

Never had a suite upgrade here, and sometimes I've not even had any upgrade (the downturn has raised the upgrade chances considerably in recent years, in my experience) however the club lounge is indeed a good one.

I pay the higher food prices at the hotel out of sheer laziness but there are perfectly decent restaurant options in the next bay along, 5 minutes walk.
Old Dec 31, 14, 9:11 pm

Programs: AA CK / Marriott Worthless Ambassador
Kids

Thinking of taking two small kids. No option to select that for room booking. I know lots of European places take issue with 4 to a room. Anyone know about this place?

Also. Any further updates are appreciated. I read something about no kids in lounge?
Old Jan 1, 15, 1:39 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, Marriott Plat, Club Carlson Gold
Will be there this weekend. Will report back and give you a general update.

Cannot update you relative to the number allowed per room, since I won't have children with me. However, it seemed that when I looked at the terms and conditions on some of the rooms, I did find this:

Extra Charges
Note: At this hotel guests 6 and under are considered children. All other guests are considered adults.
Extra rollaway: No charge
Child rollaway: EUR 35.00 per rollaway/per night.
Crib: No charge
Note: not all rooms may be able to accommodate rollaways or cribs. Please contact the hotel directly for more information.

Family Plan Policy
Children who are 6 years of age or younger sleep for free in the existing bedding of a room shared with 1 paying adult. A mandatory charge of 35 EUR plus tax applies for children 7 to 12 years of age. The fee includes breakfast, access to children facilities and bedding.

As for the lounge, this is one of those places that charges extra (!) for lounge access for some (maybe all?) of its club level rooms. Not sure it is worth it. At least for me, it would not be. Now, if you got free access due to status, that might be something else altogether.
Old Jan 1, 15, 6:24 pm

Programs: AA CK / Marriott Worthless Ambassador
Sheraton La Caleta Resort & Spa in Canary Islands [Master Thread]

Wow. Nice find. Thanks.

Look forward to hearing back about your stay.
Old Jan 2, 15, 9:26 am

Programs: Marriott Plat., HHonors gold, IHG Plat., Accor gold, IC Amb, Hertz #1 club, Sixt plat.
Originally Posted by JBauer View Post
Also. Any further updates are appreciated. I read something about no kids in lounge?
Lounge is free for SPG Plat. Kids (under 16) are not allowed INSIDE the lounge, but it has a nice outdoor area where kids are allowed. Plat. recognition is very good, please see my posting above.
Old Jan 27, 15, 8:58 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, Marriott Plat, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by JBauer View Post
Wow. Nice find. Thanks.

Look forward to hearing back about your stay.
Sorry for the delay in responding. I had a nice stay at this hotel but an even nicer one at the Sheraton in Fuerteventura immediately after.

There were lots of kids at both places but it seemed like there was more for them to do in Fuerteventura without going off property. It may be that the FD in Costa Adeje never told me about all the options since I was checking in with no kids.

I got a long list of "activities" in Fuerteventura upon checkin -- and got virtually nothing of the sort in Costa Adeje. Adults might find the on site (and free) Flamenco dancing kind of cheesy in FUE, but the children in the audience were all enraptured. The dancers even let some of them on the stage with them at the end. Ditto for the mini-disco time-- the kids seemed to be having a blast.

I also found the staff in Fuerteventura to be friendlier and much less formal.

That said, both properties have lovely pools and easy access to a beach, so depending on what you are looking for, either one may suit you fine. Fuerteventura is much more sedate in general as it has many fewer inhabitants and fewer tourists. Parts of Tenerife were like being at home in a big city (ok, a European city). I found Fuerteventura to be more tranquil -- but it would certainly be much easier to get bored there.

I prefer the open space and the relative isolation of Fuerteventura and will probably go back. Costa Adeje was nice, and the hotel was comfortable, but I really disliked the hustle and bustle of the island.

Oh --- one more thing -- as a Gold I got upgraded to a Jr. Suite in Fuerteventura on a paid stay. My Costa Adeje stay was on points and I got the room I reserved.

YMMV.
Old Feb 20, 16, 7:13 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite
Club Lounge accessable for Plat >50 Guest?

Any News regarding offered benefits for Plat Guest at this Hotel?

I have booked 16 nights in March but unsure regarding the club-breakfast at the poolside and have Access to the clubroom when booked our complete stay with Points (130k).

(The Club Lounge is a relaxing area where you can enjoy a refreshing drink and some mignardises (petit fours) along the day. Daily press and TV also available. The Club rooms, Club Terrace rooms and Suite Deluxe rooms can enjoy this service for an extra suplement. For for more information contact [email protected])
Old Feb 20, 16, 1:00 pm

We stayed at La Caleta at the end of november 2015. One room was upgraded to suite. Club lounge access was complimentary for platinum members. No special breakfast treatment was offered, but no problem to get a poolside table at this time of year. From the three starwoods on the canary islands, we like La Caleta the most, specifically because of the beach and the club lounge.

Search this Thread