FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Sheraton DFW Airport, Dallas/Fort Worth [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/581312-sheraton-dfw-airport-dallas-fort-worth-master-thread.html)

TrojanHorse Aug 19, 14 10:06 pm

What is within say 1 mile of this property? Is there anything to do? I say 1 mile as I would be walking.

ECOTONE Aug 19, 14 10:14 pm

I've stayed here twice over the past few months and can say that I don't think I've encountered a more helpful front desk staff than these guys. I usually get in very late at night, and it's just a relief to have a smiling face to greet you. Sometimes it's the small things like this that really stick with you.

spgplat21 Aug 19, 14 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse (Post 23392199)
What is within say 1 mile of this property? Is there anything to do? I say 1 mile as I would be walking.

Not really. All I can think of that's within walking distance is a gas station, a Westin, and a few other airport hotels (maybe a Whataburger).

Not sure what you are looking for, but there is an outlet mall and several golf courses pretty close, but you would need need to take a taxi. You could also take the free shuttle to airport and at least find some decent restaurants, etc.

TrojanHorse Aug 20, 14 10:34 pm

Thanks

I would be there from late afternoon to mid morning the next day

I was just looking for somewhere I could walk to and do something just to kill time. also looking for a place I could walk to for a bite to eat, buy a soda etc. Its as much for the walk and something to do as much as it would be to eat or buy something

eponymous_coward May 10, 15 7:10 pm

Here on a Hotwire stay, I saw there was a $20/night upgrade to Club floor. Figured it might trigger SPG points action, front desk confirmed it (the points from declining housekeeping + incidentals and the upgrade will come in handy). The lounge is still open on weekends, has the same breakfast as mentioned in a previous post, tea sandwiches, pizza pockets and jalapeño poppers + dessert in the lounge. Beer and wine as well (2 drink limit). Staff is nice and awesome as mentioned above as well. Room is a bit dated (things like no power outlets at desk level for cell phones are the giveaway), though there is a refurb supposedly. Room was clean and comfy if a bit dated. It's good value for less than $100 a night all-in. The area is in the middle of nowhere (you want a car if you want to leave the property), though you get a great territorial view of the airport from the lounge.

saltytheseagull Sep 21, 15 11:54 am

Any recent stays?

It looks the the property has been renovated.

Would you chose this or the Westin for an 8PM Sunday night arrival?

Rope1031 Sep 21, 15 12:45 pm

I stayed at this hotel a month ago, and also at the Westin DFW Airport a week later. The Sheraton has been through a light renovation. It is more than suitable for an Airport hotel. It is in the middle of nowhere however. I use Uber when I'm there to travel the area. DFW prices are cheap, and you get the SPG points for using them.

The Westin is in process of renovation. I stayed in a club suite. The carpet had been patched. The room was clean, and a good size. The price was very reasonable as well. Both hotel staffs are great; always friendly and helpful. I stay at either hotel a couple of nights a month based on price. You can't go wrong with either, unless your expectations are extremely high, for an airport location.

Keyser Jul 19, 16 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by Rope1031 (Post 25457792)
The Sheraton has been through a light renovation.

what kind of a light renovation????i'm staying here for a couple of nights later this week....

is the club lounge still open on the weekends????