Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Westin Resort & Spa, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 25, 2019, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

The Westin Resort & Spa, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2018, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by canalskater
Hi
Does anyone know what it costs to upgrade at hotel for all inclusive? i will be staying on points
Thank you
There is an option to pay for all inclusive at this hotel?? All-inclusive option is not even offered to paid stay by looking at the website. But it would be nice to have an option to do all-inclusive.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 12:02 am

This hotel sells rooms with 2 double beds, but only allows you to select up to 3 people per room. Does anyone know if they will get notice or complain about having 4 in a 2 bed room? Going down for a birthday weekend with friends and family and 4 per room makes more sense. I wouldn't even mind selecting 4 and paying the difference if nominal, but it isn't an option.

I've had SPG in Mexico City get very huffy about having more people in a room than was in the reservation system (despite it being a 2Q room).

Of course US hotels never check or care, but other countries sometimes do.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 9:25 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by lmaccaro
This hotel sells rooms with 2 double beds, but only allows you to select up to 3 people per room. Does anyone know if they will get notice or complain about having 4 in a 2 bed room? Going down for a birthday weekend with friends and family and 4 per room makes more sense. I wouldn't even mind selecting 4 and paying the difference if nominal, but it isn't an option.

I've had SPG in Mexico City get very huffy about having more people in a room than was in the reservation system (despite it being a 2Q room).

Of course US hotels never check or care, but other countries sometimes do.
I would say, if it is noticed you will receive a complaint or more. Their stated policy is:
OCCUPANCY POLICY
The maximum occupancy per room is 2 adults and 2 children or 3 adults and 1 child. 1 adult and 3 children or 4 adults per room is not permitted.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 10:19 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by controller1
I would say, if it is noticed you will receive a complaint or more. Their stated policy is:
OCCUPANCY POLICY
The maximum occupancy per room is 2 adults and 2 children or 3 adults and 1 child. 1 adult and 3 children or 4 adults per room is not permitted.
From my memory of staying in this hotel, I don't really think they will notice. However, they are also not flexible with rules, so I would not ask them or point it out, and one person from the room should not be present at check in, and they also won't get a key.

If I recall correctly, this hotel is very inexpensive, or at least it used to be, and you might just enjoy getting another room.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 4:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Platium. Hyatt Globlist. United Member. WN A-list w/CP. Frontier Elite 100K.
Question--I was staying here one night before heading to Punta Mita and the hotel lists Rental Cars -- Can anyone tell me what agency the Rental Car company is at the hotel?
Old Dec 30, 2018, 8:48 pm

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
I stayed here after 5 nights at the St Regis Punta Mita due a flight reschedule adding another day. I used a free night certificate from a promotion earlier in the year and am pleasantly surprised for the value. I was upgraded to a 2-story junior suite and the kids loved the in-room jacuzzi. We had to wait 15 minutes for our room to be ready and were offered 4 drinks coupons, which really wasn't necessary in my opinion. Its a very old building but well-maintained. The public areas are quite nice for what they are (a resort catering to masses). The lounge had a decent spread (I do not recommend the wine though) where my kids filled up and did not want to eat dinner.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 8:50 pm

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
Originally Posted by MileHighColorado
Question--I was staying here one night before heading to Punta Mita and the hotel lists Rental Cars -- Can anyone tell me what agency the Rental Car company is at the hotel?
None that I saw but given how close the hotel is to the airport, you can likely get any company to drop-off the car or pick you up.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 4:00 pm

Has anyone stayed recently - what is the likelihood of upgrade for Platinum?

Old Apr 2, 2019, 4:04 pm

Just stayed at the Marriott down the way and really liked it. Anyone who has stayed at both this property and the Marriott know how they compare?
Old May 24, 2019, 9:54 pm

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Any recent stays since bonvoyed? What is titanium breakfast benefit? TIA
Old Aug 25, 2019, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Hotel email address added to the wiki.
Old Dec 24, 2019, 10:11 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by flyincoll

Has anyone stayed recently - what is the likelihood of upgrade for Platinum?
Better late than never but we recently stayed at the Westin in Puerto Vallarta this month.

Booked Partial Ocean View Double Room 5 hours prior to arrival into PVR and was immediately upgraded to Premium Ocean View Double Room with Whirlpool on the Balcony.

I suspect they would have easily upgraded to a Junior Suite with a King bed but I needed a room with Double Beds.

The Westin Club Lounge was one of the best that we've been to in North America and the assortment of food during Breakfast and Evening Canapes featured local dishes of Jalisco with a ton of American options as well.
Old Dec 24, 2019, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Intl359Widget

The Westin Club Lounge was one of the best that we've been to in North America and the assortment of food during Breakfast and Evening Canapes featured local dishes of Jalisco with a ton of American options as well.
Something must have changed! That used to be one of the worst lounges I’ve ever been to.
Old Dec 24, 2019, 1:44 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Something must have changed! That used to be one of the worst lounges I’ve ever been to.
When was the last time you were at this property?
Old Dec 24, 2019, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Intl359Widget
When was the last time you were at this property?
Sept 2018.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.