Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Barcelona, Spain [Master Thread]

Old Sep 30, 2018, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Le Meridien Barcelona, Spain [Master Thread]

Old Jan 22, 2019, 6:39 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by spainlover
It pops up as an option for me with points. I just went to the site to check again (initially checking via the app but it then took me to the site. It gives me option to book for 50,000 points (well, actually I don't have enough so it gives me option to buy additional needed to redeem points) and has room held for me when I try to book.
Maybe try clearing any cookies?
Interesting. Does it show up for you on Apr 4-6 by chance? I see it on neither the app nor the website; in both places the list of properties shows "points rooms from 50K/night" but when I click through to the list of room types, points no longer show up.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 8:51 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro (LT Gold), Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium, National Exec,Hyatt,Melia, BA Exec, Iberia+
Nope, when I put in those dates, it initially shows avail but then when I click, tells me this room is not taking redemption bookings at this time.
Sorry.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 11:28 am

Le meridian barcelona

Stayed at Le Meridian in October 2018 - last leg of a cruise. Perfectly located off the Las Ramblas. Walking distance to port, etc..Under some refurbishing. I am Plat Premier and got a new room on 2nd floor. Concierge room not open, but provided 2 meals in restaurant (buffet style) and was excellent. Would for sure stay there again.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 8:35 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA, WP
I too, have been looking at an awards booking at this hotel and always saw no availability. So I finally called today, and the Elite desk representative saw the same thing we do, nothing going out for months. She said she would ping accounting and for me to call back next week. I see the same thing for the W, too.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 8:53 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by daloosh
I too, have been looking at an awards booking at this hotel and always saw no availability. So I finally called today, and the Elite desk representative saw the same thing we do, nothing going out for months. She said she would ping accounting and for me to call back next week. I see the same thing for the W, too.
Don't know if it was your call or something else but I do now see this hotel as bookable on points again.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by bgriff
Don't know if it was your call or something else but I do now see this hotel as bookable on points again.
Dangit, not for me. So, what did you see?
Old Jan 25, 2019, 9:24 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by daloosh
Dangit, not for me. So, what did you see?
Hm, I dunno, didn't do anything special. Just tried the normal way to make a points booking on the website for Apr 4-6 this morning and it showed up as usual and went through no problem.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by bgriff
Hm, I dunno, didn't do anything special. Just tried the normal way to make a points booking on the website for Apr 4-6 this morning and it showed up as usual and went through no problem.
I can see the redemption chart, I can book with cash, but no change on points. Grr. I have a reservation at the Hotel Arts Barcelona, but like the location of the Le Meridien a little better.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 11:50 am

I was able to book two nights in August for 100K points.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 4:21 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by gui888
I was able to book two nights in August for 100K points.
gui888, welcome to FT!
Old Feb 26, 2019, 1:54 pm

I figured it out why even after booking opened up, I couldn't book -- it was because I wanted to book for three. I finally could book a room for two, but not three. Rooms at Le Meridien were 50K.

At any rate, I decided to stay at the Hotel Arts (60K), a Ritz Carlton hotel, and I'm happy I did, after having visited the location of Le Meridien. It's a little too much in the thick of things. If you want to be in it, then it's great, but the Hotel Arts was in a quieter, but still accessible location. The Metro stop was a couple blocks away, and cabs to and fro were plentiful. The hop on-hop off bus was on the next corner, and the 47 city bus stopped practically at the front entrance.

And just steps from the front door of Hotel Arts were all sorts of restaurants, bars and clubs -- which did lead to some noise at night. A different vibe than Le Meridien which is right on Las Ramblas, and has noise as well. Le Meridien is in a super accessible location, a couple blocks from Placa Catalunya in one direction and a couple blocks from la Bouqueria in the other.

Both great choices, I'd compare the decision to staying at the Doubletree Times Square (former DT) or the Midtown Hilton in NY, versus the Conrad downtown in Battery Park.
itsaboutthejourney likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 12:37 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott Plat LT, HH Gold, IHG Plat, WoH Discvst, Hertz PC
Will be staying at this property next week. However, my wife's status will drop from Titanium Elite (when the reservation was made) to Gold (by the time we stay). Any insight as to which status will be recognized? I guess we should expect Gold so we won't be disappointed.

Any tips or tricks for staying at the property?
Old Mar 30, 2019, 1:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It's easily walkable from the public airport bus stop at Plaza de Catalunya (spelling?), somewhat downhill to the hotel.

Of course, be very careful about crime, especially pickpockets, around this area of Barcelona.

Many of the suites (SNA pool) are just large rooms with big outdoor terraces.

Double check opening hours of the modern art museum that gives free admission with your room card. (It's walkable from the hotel.)
Old Mar 30, 2019, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by jmd001

Any tips or tricks for staying at the property?
Enjoy the LeM and the location. The gray felt literature carrier on the bed will have a certificate for an Illy coffee to use at the Illy counter in the lobby and it will also have a certificate for free entrance to the local museum (was MACBA last time I used it). Luiza is a great restaurant across the street, literally steps from the front entrance of the LeM in the 1898 hotel. If you walk towards Luiza you can also do a shortcut to the Boqueria market, avoiding heavy traffic on La Ramblas. Finally, be careful of pickpockets on La Ramblas, its a wonderful street to 'stroll' down, but it can have pickpockets roaming and taking advantage of tourists caught up in all the amazing sights. Now that Marriott has forced LeM to cut back on little perks such as quality bottled water and Coke products, there is a Carrefour market literally around the corner from the hotel to stock up on basics.
3rdworldresident likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 9:58 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott Plat LT, HH Gold, IHG Plat, WoH Discvst, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
Enjoy the LeM and the location. .
Thanks for the great advice!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.