Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Barcelona, Spain [Master Thread]

Old Sep 30, 2018, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Le Meridien Barcelona, Spain [Master Thread]

Old Nov 24, 2007, 6:37 pm

Does anyone know when the renovations will be complete? And will all the rooms have the new decor? And does it have a fitness facility and if so how is it?
Old Nov 24, 2007, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by sink
Checked in on 11/18 for 5 nights using SPG points, were upgraded to Med suite on 8F for entire stay. Opted for local gift, got a ceramic Goudy lizard made for Le Meridien. Perfect location, easy access to everywhere. Purchased Barcelona City Card, but only use 2 to 3 times a day, so, T-10 is better value.
Welcome to FT

Thanks for your contribution ^
Old Dec 3, 2007, 10:35 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
I have some family members that will be staying at LM Barcelona over the Christmas holiday and we were hoping to see about getting them a gift (i.e. dinner at the restaurant). I contacted LM and they said they would have the hotel e-mail me directly to make arrangements, but it didn't happen. Does anyone have an e-mail address for the hotel? Thanks.
Old Dec 3, 2007, 10:22 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Sam P. Goodman, there's an email link alongside the address and phone number on their Hotel Offers page.

[email protected]
Old Dec 4, 2007, 8:14 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
Originally Posted by sc flier
Sam P. Goodman, there's an email link alongside the address and phone number on their Hotel Offers page.

[email protected]
Shame on me. I didn't see it on the main page and gave up there. Thanks!
Old Dec 4, 2007, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by sc flier

[email protected]
Thanks for that, I reminded me to email a special thank you to one of the front desk staff who was very helpful in contacting the airline for me (in spanish) to track down my lost luggage. I hope whoever answers that email can forward to the GM...
Old Jan 4, 2008, 7:01 pm

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
I just made a reservation for this coming Sat 1/12 and my confirmation states 'newly revenovated room'. Now I just hope I get a nice upgrade as well
Old Jan 7, 2008, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks everybody for your contributions to this thread. Having just spent 7 nights there, overall I think they completely under deliver given the price point (similar to Hotel Arts or Majestic) and cannot recommend it. Here are my impressions;

Pluses
  • Platinum benefits
  • Newly renovated room tastefully done
  • Hot pot with coffee and tea in room
  • Iron in room
  • Room very well lighted
  • Large screen TV
  • Gift of Hermes eau de toilette and small hand soap

Minuses
  • Hotel did not let guests know that car access to the hotel was being closed due to a parade nearby -- leaving no taxis (pretty much anywhere due to the parade) and costing us our long-sought dinner plans
  • Internet access is a complete, utter, rip off: EUR 131.08 for the stay, equivalent approx to USD 196. That buys an entire QUARTER (and more) of high-speed service at home
  • Internet access pricing quoted without the 7% country sales tax -- very unprofessional
  • Internet access provider replacing security certificates, interfering with ability to send email
  • My hypoallergenic needs (both in Platinum profile and in notes in the reservation) was ignored: room with feather pillows and duvet that turned out being a feathers mix
  • Duvet was not changed even after leaving message to do so; had to get the front desk to do it
  • Newspapers are not delivered to room; only found out by chance that there's a large selection available (for free) at the bar
  • Bottled water -- never replaced. A half liter is supposed to last me 7 nights? Do they expect camels as guests?
  • Burnt bulb on main corner light was not replaced for 3 days; had to report it to the front desk
  • Curtain found ripped from holders was never repaired, even after reported it to the front desk 3 days into the stay
  • Heating not adjustable and set to a uncomfortably hot 23 C
  • TV set to distort standard def programming and there's no high def programming

Tips
  • Breakfast is the usual European rip-off: coffee, croissants and juice will set you back EUR 25 per person in the room or EUR 11.50 at the bar. I assume that tax is not included. It is easily avoidable: the Carrefour on the same block opens at 10 and has good croissants and Hero single-serve marmalades, as well as juice etc.
  • If internet access is a must, consider a different hotel; unfortunately as far as I can tell you can't buy an internet access package on a prepaid plan for GSM/UMTS (unlike, let's say, Italy)
  • Location isn't great for food (with the exception of Boqueria); absolutely AVOID anything on Las Ramblas (total rip-off and nasty food). Besides the Boqueria, within short walking distance try Tallier de Tapas and (supposedly) Els Tres Gats
  • Make reservations for one of the MUST Barcelona restaurants: Ŕbac, Drolma, Alkimia, Cinc Sentits or Comerç 24.
  • Use Google Maps!
  • Taxis are completely unreliable: they're not available if it's a holiday, if it rains, if Barça is playing, if it's the night before a holiday, etc. etc.

The temporary lobby is very well done and much more than adequate; the work on the lobby isn't finished, and unfortunately our room (a "deluxe", i.e. the lowest category available, albeit one on the only floor with balconies) was above the lobby; that was not an issue except for one day, when the workers did wake us up at 9 (which can be early in Barcelona!) by drilling into the same supporting pillar going through our room.
Old Jan 7, 2008, 8:54 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LifetimeTitanium, UA Plat 2MM, LHW LeadersClub, IHGPlat, HiltonDiamnd, ASMVPG100K, WyndDiamnd
Originally Posted by hillrider
[*] Location isn't great for food (with the exception of Boqueria); absolutely AVOID anything on Las Ramblas (total rip-off and nasty food). Besides the Boqueria, within short walking distance try Tallier de Tapas and (supposedly) Els Tres Gats
As to food, that is not completely true. It is around the corner from Café Viena, La Rambla del Estudis 115, which the NY Times said "let’s just say it’s the best sandwich I’ve ever had." It is made with the fabulous jabugo ham.

Also, as to restaurants in Barcelona, I highly recommend Moo. Reservations highly recommended too.

Also, I was there recently and got an upgrade to a lovely suite. Absolutely fantastic with great views.
Old Jan 8, 2008, 5:34 am

Hillrider, thanks for the pluses & minuses. But in my case, I don't take my PC (so no need for a laptop/internet connection), and the other minuses will not affect me either (no allergies, taking public transportation), so I am looking forward to my one night stay this Sat and just am hoping for an upgrade as Platinum. As for the breakfast, I was able to get a E205 rate which includes the full breakfast buffet as well as a drink at the bar.
Nevsky, great tip on the restaurants-- I will certainly look to try it out
Old Jan 8, 2008, 8:28 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, HHonors Gold, Skymiles Gold, Staralliance Gold
Excellent recognition

I can only say it's a great hotel with excellent Platinum recognition, and the renovation has made it wonderfully comfortable. Internet connection is usually expensive at most european hotels (and for sure in all Starwood ones), and obviously the hotel is not to blame for restaurants nearby (the hotel restaurant is quite good) or for no availability of taxis when raining, parades or so...
For me the most funny thing is that they always speak english to me when I arrive, or even when I go for breakfast......and I'm spanish, so that means most customers here are from outside Spain.
Old Jan 13, 2008, 5:22 pm

Just back from a one night stay at Le Meridien Barcelona and I have to say I was treated very well. I had called the day before and requested an early 11 am arrival--but my CO flight got in even earlier and when I got to the hotel at 10:00am they welcomed me and told me my room was ready and that I'd been upgraded to a suite facing La Ramblas (room 606). I took the airport bus to the center of the city (6.70e R/T) and it was a very easy 5 minute walk to the hotel. The lobby area is very modern, as is the adjacent restaurant-- but the rooms (or at least mine) was still done in old world style--which is ok, but I wasn't sure if my room was one of the remodeled ones ?? Furnishings were fine, except for the couch in the living room which reminded me of a sagging one you see outside frat houses (major seat cushion sag!!
I loved the pillows and duvet and the bathroom was very large, with lots of glass/mirrors and marble. As mentioned, my room directly overlooked La Ramblas with windows that opened-- but were soundproofed when shut. The only other problem I had was around 11pm after returning back to my room--suddenly all the power went out in my room. The hall and other rooms had power (the guy in the room next to me was playing very loud samba music). So I called down (after stumbling in the dark for the phone), and about 15 minutes later a repair guy came in the opened the fuse box next to my door and changed the fuse, but told me something else was wrong and that it would have to be fully repaired the next day I told him I was checking out, but that I would remind the front desk. I will be posting some pics soon, so someone may be able to tell if I had the remodeled room or not
PS-- There's a Carrefour right next door (love buying soda, wine, snacks etc) and you were right about Cafe Viena---FANTASTIC
Old Jan 13, 2008, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by mauld
Just back from a one night stay at Le Meridien Barcelona and I have to say I was treated very well. I will be posting some pics soon, so someone may be able to tell if I had the remodeled room or not
PS-- There's a Carrefour right next door (love buying soda, wine, snacks etc) and you were right about Cafe Viena---FANTASTIC
Thanks for the 411 on the hotel. I have a 5 nights stay in August and I'm looking forward to it

Please post the pics. I'll be able to tell you if it was remodeled
Old Jan 13, 2008, 5:49 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, 2MM, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by imverge
Thanks for the 411 on the hotel. I have a 5 nights stay in August and I'm looking forward to it

Please post the pics. I'll be able to tell you if it was remodeled
I spent one night last Fall and got an excellent suite on the top floor as a plat upgrade, nice servise as well
drumbo
Old Jan 14, 2008, 9:29 am

Here are some pics of my recent stay:
http://www1.snapfish.com/thumbnailsh...609/t_=6397609

PS- from looking at the website, I think I was in an upgraded room, as similar furnishings are shown. But given the lobby/restaurant/bar appearance, I was hoping for a bit more of a modern look. I would definately stay here again, as the location cannot be beat. (PS- if you take the metro from the airport bus, use the Green L3 line and get off at Liecu--it's even closer if you're in the last car of the train)...but it is a very quick walk

Last edited by mauld; Jan 17, 2008 at 5:14 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.