Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Barcelona, Spain [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 30, 2018, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Le Meridien Barcelona, Spain [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2016, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
if the Barcelona marathon is a major event
I don't wish to denigrate dedicated runners but the Barcelona marathon is not a major event. Even if every runner came from out of town it would be a drop in the bucket for hotel occupancy compared to a normal summer weekend or one of the major trade fairs.

I can even book C+P here for that weekend...

Last edited by craigthemif; Feb 18, 2016 at 8:30 am
Old Feb 19, 2016, 4:19 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro (LT Gold), Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium, National Exec,Hyatt,Melia, BA Exec, Iberia+
Hotel rates for that weekend at Le Meridien Barcelona are now going for less than the rate I was booked at, @mspeconomist and @craigthemif
Regardless, I think it's a nice gesture, as it was clearly stated in the terms that it was non-refundable, so I would have understood (although been frustrated) if they had not waived that. It's not an out-of-this-world thing, but I do think it warrants commenting on.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 2:21 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt GP Platinum
Hi everyone. Planning on staying here in October. How is the room noise? Does it get loud due to the location? I want a nice place to stay including great location. But I want to be able to sleep at night and not worry about party goers.

Thanks.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by fishy21
Hi everyone. Planning on staying here in October. How is the room noise? Does it get loud due to the location? I want a nice place to stay including great location. But I want to be able to sleep at night and not worry about party goers.

Thanks.
Specify a room away from the Las Ramblas side and you should be fine. If you are worried due to reviews on sites like Trip Advisor, consider the source (inexperienced travelers who think a hotel should offer the quiet of their homes).
Old Jun 5, 2016, 8:55 am

Programs: UA 1K; Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Gold

Thanks.
We stayed there in a room (also October) overlooking Las Ramblas and were fine. I am sensitive to noise and always sleep with Mack's ear plus but my sister does not and she wasn't bother. We enjoyed looking out in the morning and watching the stores open and the street come alive.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card

Thanks.
We were there last October. Had a junior suite on the top floor, IIRC, and noise was absolutely not a problem. I think one night we even left the window open, at which point you could just here the murmur of city noise but nothing that kept us awake.

Honestly had more problems with the early morning street sweepers in Palma on another leg of that trip.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 6:36 am

Programs: UA GS & Marriott Titanium
Agree with the others. We stayed in March and had no noise issues whatsoever. Our room was not facing Las Ramblas. I think we were 5 or 6 floors up in a corner room that overlooked the side street the hotel's entrance is on.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 2:39 am

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
20,000 points/night - is it worth it?

So I can stay in San Sebastián at the Maria Cristina for 20,000 points.

... Or the Le Meridien Barca - is it really worth it?
Old Jun 12, 2016, 4:58 am

Originally Posted by shuuy
So I can stay in San Sebastián at the Maria Cristina for 20,000 points.

... Or the Le Meridien Barca - is it really worth it?
No. LM is a solid property in a convenient location. But the Maria Cristina is in a class all its own. It's a spectacular hotel. Plus, San Sebastián is foodie heaven, if that's your thing. It's possible to have mediocre food in Barcelona, though you have to be pretty unlucky. Great day trips from SS if renting a car is your thing.

But then, I'd still not pay 20k for a room ever. Three nights of that is the equivalent of a first class ticket (one way) from the US to anywhere Cathay flies in Asia. So, a few free nights in San Sebastián versus a free flight to Bali? I think taking the former is nuts.

Good luck!

Jamie
Old Jun 26, 2017, 2:29 pm

Any updates?

It looks like the last update to this thread was a year ago.

Any updates?

I'm most interested in learning if my SNA cleared Prestige Suite will be ok for two adults and two kids. In the site, it states the prestige suite only sleeps 2...
Old Jun 26, 2017, 8:42 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro (LT Gold), Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium, National Exec,Hyatt,Melia, BA Exec, Iberia+
I stayed for a night in early June. I booked with Chase Rewards points, but was still upgraded to a suite as they had me on record as SPG Platinum. It's still a beautiful hotel and the service was great. I was only there for one night, wish I could have stayed longer! I didn't even have time to take advantage of the free museum pass to the Palau Guell.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 7:23 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by OreD

Any updates?

I'm most interested in learning if my SNA cleared Prestige Suite will be ok for two adults and two kids. In the site, it states the prestige suite only sleeps 2...
I've stayed in a prestige suite and doubt it would be suitable for 4, however, I believe there are multiple layouts for this room type. You will likely want to ensure you booked a room for 4 so you can know the right cost up front rather than being surprised by the upcharge when you arrive with 4 at the hotel to check in.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 8:33 am

I had my SNA clear to the suite category that was under the really nice suite. The suite was really just a large room if you ask me. I called the front desk to ask if they were sure it was a suite.

Everyone always says SNA is a YMMV situation. My SNA that worked at the Le Meridien would be the only successful SNA I would be able to apply in SPG's program, before just switching to the free cat 1-5 night.

Don't get your hopes up on a Prestige Suite.

The hotel however, is really nice. I think it establishes itself as the premier chain hotel on all of La Rambla. Although I see SPG has a Design Hotel now just a little ways away. Maybe that hotel is worth reading into.

Originally Posted by OreD

Any updates?

Old Nov 17, 2017, 9:39 am
jix

Programs: Marriott Gold, JGC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, AC 25K
Just booked this property for the weekend for a night, will be arriving from BCN via bus and then to the Indigo Hotel after. Both are during the day (11am and afternoon), how safe/easy is it now to walk with 2 large luggage? Or is it better to take the taxi option?
Old Nov 17, 2017, 10:46 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by jix
Just booked this property for the weekend for a night, will be arriving from BCN via bus and then to the Indigo Hotel after. Both are during the day (11am and afternoon), how safe/easy is it now to walk with 2 large luggage? Or is it better to take the taxi option?
I'd do the taxi personally, they're not that expensive. Even on wheels, two large suitcases are a pain to pull through busy streets. In terms of safety there was obviously a one-off of terrorism recently but in general the concern is more pickpockets which are really bad on the street. I'd say it would be more of an issue of comfort than safety, however - I have walked to the bus with one bag and it's not that difficult.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.