Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Jersey City, NJ [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Jersey City, NJ [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2023, 9:16 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Anyone have recent experience with Platinum upgrades at this property? Have an upcoming conference here..
Old Jul 6, 2023, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I had a one night stay a Friday two weeks ago after arriving into LGA and going to a concert Saturday night on the Jersey Shore. I was able to use a 35k FNA and rates were nearly $400, so I felt it was a good use of a cert. Also the hotel is right next to the PATH station and doesn't have a resort fee, unlike the Marriott Downtown that does (another place I was considering that was close to the same price on points). As long as you're good with the fact that this property cheaps out and seems to avoid Bonvoy rules with breakfast - as mentioned above they give a $10 voucher as a Plat. I thought it was a reasonably nice property for one night.

There is a Shoprite around the corner that I went to and bought some train beers from. I booked what was available, which was a low floor limited view, and was upgraded (I guess) to a room on the 2nd highest floor with a view of Downtown Manhattan. Unfortunately it was so over cast you could barely see it. Overall, I'd probably stay here again if the points price was right. TBH I only stayed here because the Hyatt Regency down the street was sold out of points available rooms. I feel like that's fitting for the current state of the Bonvoy program - we're there for when you can't have your first choice.

Last edited by krazykanuck; Jul 6, 2023 at 8:43 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.