Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Nashville, TN [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Nashville, TN [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2018, 9:48 am

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by Antonio8069
Its been two months since the last posting. Any recent stays? What has been the Plat experience? Any (better) Marriott alternatives nearby?
I had a stay a month or so ago, and I think most of the original feedback is still relevant. It's a very nice, new build Westin, but it's usually pretty expensive compared to the other options and not worth the premium given the issues. I think I'll try the new tribute portfolio property on my next trip.

There is still too much construction in the area, the hotel never seems to upgrade platinum guests without prodding, and as others have mentioned it's usually way too much of a bachelor/bachelorette/wedding party scene for my tastes. Lots of potential and I think it works well for a leisure trip to Nashville, but it's not a great business trip hotel IMO.

Last edited by spgplat21; Jan 4, 2018 at 3:02 pm
Old Jan 4, 2018, 4:19 pm

SPG Platinum Stay on special occasion, single night. No upgrades, I inquired. No plat recognition, per se. Nothing special as a stay. As far as hotels, this is just another Westin. It is newer, however. So the experience isn't bad. A JW Marriott is being built across the street. No other good chain hotels nearby. Drink vouchers were given out, and they wanted to extend a local amenity but they were out.

I am sure this is not every guests experience, but I requested room service late at night and never received it. Never bothered to call back to try and locate it.

FWIW, it is a great hotel. Just don't expect upgrades. Nashville seems to be playing catch-up, with hotel capacity. I imagine once the JW Marriott opens up, things could get better. If there are any other full service hotels opening in Nashville, that would also help. Lots of construction otherwise. Nothing really crazy cool. They have a big lounge, but breakfast isn't anything noteworthy, on par with what you find at a Hyatt Place or Holiday Inn Express.

Originally Posted by Antonio8069
Its been two months since the last posting. Any recent stays? What has been the Plat experience? Any (better) Marriott alternatives nearby?
Old Sep 30, 2018, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Interesting that this one is a 3.6 on the Marriott site but the JW next door is a 4.6...any guesses as to the disparity? Construction? Poor Plat treatment?
Old Sep 30, 2018, 8:28 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Likely poor platinum treatment. No upgrades for me even after asking even though it was obviously low occupancy and suites were available on the app.

the jw recently opened so I can't comment on that
Old Sep 30, 2018, 3:51 pm

Programs: United 1K, *wood LT Plat
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Interesting that this one is a 3.6 on the Marriott site but the JW next door is a 4.6...any guesses as to the disparity? Construction? Poor Plat treatment?
I would say poor Plat treatment and overall service in general. It is a new build Westin, so hard product is pretty nice and still looking good. However, I found the service wanting and have moved my Nashville stays to either the Noelle (Tribute Portfolio) or will stay non-SPG. 1) No upgrades. 2) Internet provided as an access code, which only offered basic speeds, not premium. Realized this and selected the room charge instead of the access code, but it was then an ordeal getting my other devices on the new tier. Indicated my issues in an on-site survey and asked for someone to contact me. Only received an email to submit a TripAdvisor review.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 10:33 pm

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
How is the exec lounge at the Westin and Are adult beverages chargeable?

i have just completed a stay at JW next door and back in Nashville in a week or so.

JW very nice property, decent exec lounge but drinks in lounge are via order only, this results in $18 plus tax and tip for a class of Cabernet!
Old Dec 2, 2019, 4:16 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
Titanium Elite treatment was pretty poor. I was denied using my SNA. I then saw a "premium" suite available but was told SNAs weren't applicable to those types of suites but I could be upgraded the day of. I saw the suite was still available and was told it was actually sold out. I messaged through the app and was just told flat out they they wouldn't be upgrading me as they were considered premium suites. The front desk manager just said no.

A few hours later when asked how my stay was, I let them know about the situation with the suite upgrades. They again just said, they'd give me a voucher for dinner but that suite was not available. If the Westin had a specific reason, I'd be fine but they told me I would be upgraded day of, then they lied and said it wasn't available, then they finally just said they couldn't give me an actual reason.

Lounge had great views but food was terrible. The "rooftop" bad was closed both days I was there. I should have stay at the Noelle or a different property.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.