Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Cyberport, Hong Kong [Master Thread]

Old Jan 31, 2015, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
PLATINUM BENEFITS (CORRECT AS OF OCT 3, 2015)

• Complimentary buffet breakfast in Prompt (4th Floor 6:30am-10:30am).
  • Complimentary selected drinks and food throughout the day according to opening hours at PSI & Podium (4th Floor 5:30pm-8pm) (max 2 persons). The menu will be provided in the bar.
  • Complimentary shoes shining services (2 pairs) or pressing for suit (2 pieces).
  • 30% discount enjoyment in our restaurants.
  • 50% discount on overnight parking.
  • 20% discount Business Service & Facilities.

SHUTTLE BUS SCHEDULE
Hotel - Hong Kong MTR Station (PICKUP @ BASEMENT L2, DROPOFF @ GROUND FLOOR
0700 - 0730
0800 - 0830
0900 - 0930
1100 - 1130
1200 - 1230
1300 - 1330
1400 - 1430
1500 - 1530
1600 - 1630
1700 - 1730
1800 - 1830
1900 - 1930
2100 - 2130
2200 - 2230
Print Wikipost

Le Meridien Cyberport, Hong Kong [Master Thread]

Old Nov 24, 2010, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Braindrain
As a Plat, I once checked in when they were fully booked and didn't even get the Ocean View room.

I still got free breakie as part of the bennies.
Did you get the full Deluxe Oceanfront benefits package (i.e. free evening drinks etc.)? Whenever I have stayed at this property (around 5 times now I think) I have always booked the Deluxe Oceanfront room simply because the benefits (especially for 2) significantly outweigh the added cost, albeit it isn't the deal it once was when the evening drinks were far less restricted.

I don't think there can be a huge amount of difference in the actual rooms, so if all Plats get the DO benefits anyway, I may well adjust my booking approach if I stay at the property again.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 4:13 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
Yup, full package.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 2:13 am

Programs: SPG
What are the current benefits for Pt member?
Old Feb 7, 2011, 5:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mastiff
What are the current benefits for Pt member?
It would appear from Braindrain's comment above that you get a minimum of the Deluxe Oceanfront benefits and you should get a Deluxe Oceanfront room or suite (the latter rare in my experience but others report otherwise).

Check out the hotel website for the latest Deluxe Oceanfront benefits package.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 11:42 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by ac777
Shuttle from HKIA to hotel--door to door--100 HKD/Return 75 HKD--much more convenient and comfortable than train, shuttle etc.
Can you help explain this a bit? I've never been to Hong Kong... I've only been to Asia a couple times. Where is this shuttle? Is it a le meridien shuttle? Is it similar to a taxi? Do I need cash? Where do I go in the airport terminal?

Thanks! A bit nervous for my first trip out there.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 12:50 am

Originally Posted by hungarianhc
Can you help explain this a bit? I've never been to Hong Kong... I've only been to Asia a couple times. Where is this shuttle? Is it a le meridien shuttle? Is it similar to a taxi? Do I need cash? Where do I go in the airport terminal?

Thanks! A bit nervous for my first trip out there.
From the Hotel website http://www.starwoodhotels.com/lemeri...ropertyID=1826

Central Station
Travel Distance: Approximately 0.0 km/0.0 miles
Options for getting to and from the hotel include:
By Taxi
Fee: 80 HKD
Hours: 24 hours
About:
From the station, guests can hire a taxi to the hotel. Taxi stands are located at exit of the Hong Kong station. Travel time between Central and Le Mridien Cyberport is about 15 to 20 minutes and costs around HK$60 to HK$80 per single trip.

By City Rail System
Fee: 100 HKD
Hours: 24 hours
About:
Guests arriving at Hong Kong International Airport (HKG) have the option of taking the Airport Express to Hong Kong Station in Central (Hong Kong's city centre). The operating hours are 5:50am to 12:48am daily and trains run at 12-minute intervals. The journey time between the airport and Central is about 25 minutes and costs around HK$100 per person per single trip.

HK Station
Travel Distance: Approximately 8.0 km/4.97 miles
Options for getting to and from the hotel include:
Limousine Service
Fee: 250 HKD
Contact852) 2116 3133; Reservation Required
About:
Limousine service from HK Station is available for guests. Reservation is required with at least 24 hours notice. Charges will apply for cancellation within 3 hours of the scheduled pick-up.

Taxi
Fee: 80 HKD
About:
From HK station, you can hire a taxi to the hotel. Taxi stands are located at exit of the station. Travel time between Central and Le Meridien Cyberport is about 15 - 20 minutes and costs around HK$60 to HK$80 per single trip.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 1:08 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by aussiechris
This doesn't appear very helpful as I don't think there's anything in the link that answers hungarianhc's questions.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure I can be of much help either. Although I've been to HKG many times, I've always had friends meet me at the airport. What I can tell you is that in the terminal 1 arrivals hall, across from exit B, there are quite a few information desks from most of the best hotels in Hong Kong. I haven't paid enough attention to notice if the Le Meridien is among them, but I have a feeling that's where you'd check in if it does have a shuttle from HKG.

I think your best bet would be to email the hotel to confirm if a shuttle from the airport is indeed available. IMO, HK$100 seems awfully inexpensive for a shuttle from HKG all the way to the Le Meridien.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 1:24 am

Originally Posted by el_tigre
Unfortunately, I'm not sure I can be of much help either. Although I've been to HKG many times, I've always had friends meet me at the airport. What I can tell you is that in the terminal 1 arrivals hall, across from exit B, there are quite a few information desks from most of the best hotels in Hong Kong. I haven't paid enough attention to notice if the Le Meridien is among them, but I have a feeling that's where you'd check in if it does have a shuttle from HKG.

You mean this desk?

I have been here several times and paid the larger fee (prearranged) for a direct limo to the Hotel I have chosen.
Yes HKD100 is cheap but it is not for a direct limo.
I remember that it is about HKD700 for the W for a direct limo.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 2:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I remember that it is about HKD700 for the W for a direct limo.
It is indeed but this is probably the least useful limo option given the location of the W.

As a first trip to HKG I would recommend the OP take a taxi from the airport to the property. This will cost a little more than a train and taxi/shuttle combo but not massively so and will bee a lot more convenient.

That said this is not a property I would choose for a first trip to HKG.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 9:18 am

You mean this desk?
Yes, I believe that would be the desk.

Hong Kong is one of the easiest big cities to navigate in the world, so if the HK$100 shuttle isn't an option, I was thinking the Airport Express (train) to Hong Kong Station and taxi the rest of the way is pretty easy. That said, I think Land-of-Miles' suggestion of taking a taxi the entire way is probably better. It would cost about HK$100 more than my option, but it would be faster and make life a lot easier for someone who is nervous about their first trip to Hong Kong.

I also agree that this is not an ideal property for a first trip to the city. Of the SPG properties, the Sheraton has by far the best location but the W isn't bad either. Of course, both properties are usually a bit more expensive, but I have found SPG50's are excellent tools for getting better rates, particularly at the Sheraton.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 11:41 am

Thanks, all - I appreciate the feedback. To be honest, the only reason I'm going to Hong Kong is because I was able to get the Air Canada confirmed upgrade on a cheap flight from SFO-YVR-HKG. I start work in Beijing on Monday so I'd just like to plop down and get a good night's rest at the Le Meridien. If I can go grab a good dinner, that would be great too . The only reason I picked it over the other SPG properties was price. I got a rate for only 1200 HKD. Seemed too good to pass up for a stopover. I fly to Beijing the next day.

Anyhow, I think i'll just take a taxi. If it's approximately 80 HKD, according to google, that's like just over $10 USD? So I'm looking at a taxi ride for under $15 USD to the hotel? That's not so bad, and a taxi will help keep things simple.

Somewhat off-topic to the thread... if you had just one night at the Le Meridien, and you were there primarily for a stopover, where would you go eat? I'm not looking to go to a super pricey place, but just a good place. Anyone have a favorite? THANKS!
Old Apr 5, 2011, 12:15 pm

Anyhow, I think i'll just take a taxi. If it's approximately 80 HKD, according to google, that's like just over $10 USD? So I'm looking at a taxi ride for under $15 USD to the hotel? That's not so bad, and a taxi will help keep things simple.
No, the cost to take a taxi from HKG to the Le Meridien will be closer to HK$350 (so around US$45).

As an FYI, the SPG50 will probably make the Sheraton less than HK$500 more than the Le Meridien. While that is a bit more, a lot of that savings will be eaten getting to and from the Le Meridien via taxi.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 12:26 pm

Okay. So I'm confused. So it will be more. then i think i'd like to take the train. Can someone lay it out for an HKG noob for me? Something like...

1) make sure you have $X in cash / they take credit card
2) walk to this part of the airport - look for this
3) buy this certain type of ticket
4) get on train
5) get off at stop Z
6) look for a cab - that should cost Y

something like that?
Old Apr 5, 2011, 12:54 pm

Okay. So I'm confused. So it will be more. then i think i'd like to take the train. Can someone lay it out for an HKG noob for me? Something like...

1) make sure you have $X in cash / they take credit card
2) walk to this part of the airport - look for this
3) buy this certain type of ticket
4) get on train
5) get off at stop Z
6) look for a cab - that should cost Y

something like that?
If you are staying at the LM suggest you go to the Sheraton desk in the photo--book the shuttle-- wait until they call your name and get on the bus. They will drop you off at the hotel door. On arrival, book the return shuttle. Easy and safe.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by ac777
If you are staying at the LM suggest you go to the Sheraton desk in the photo--book the shuttle-- wait until they call your name and get on the bus. They will drop you off at the hotel door. On arrival, book the return shuttle. Easy and safe.
Thanks, AC!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.