Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Cyberport, Hong Kong [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 31, 2015, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
PLATINUM BENEFITS (CORRECT AS OF OCT 3, 2015)

• Complimentary buffet breakfast in Prompt (4th Floor 6:30am-10:30am).
  • Complimentary selected drinks and food throughout the day according to opening hours at PSI & Podium (4th Floor 5:30pm-8pm) (max 2 persons). The menu will be provided in the bar.
  • Complimentary shoes shining services (2 pairs) or pressing for suit (2 pieces).
  • 30% discount enjoyment in our restaurants.
  • 50% discount on overnight parking.
  • 20% discount Business Service & Facilities.

SHUTTLE BUS SCHEDULE
Hotel - Hong Kong MTR Station (PICKUP @ BASEMENT L2, DROPOFF @ GROUND FLOOR
0700 - 0730
0800 - 0830
0900 - 0930
1100 - 1130
1200 - 1230
1300 - 1330
1400 - 1430
1500 - 1530
1600 - 1630
1700 - 1730
1800 - 1830
1900 - 1930
2100 - 2130
2200 - 2230
Print Wikipost

Le Meridien Cyberport, Hong Kong [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2006, 6:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AS MVPG, SPG PLAT 100
Odd that some of you didnt get Platinum upgrades or treatment. My wife (non status) is there right now on a Cash & Points rez I made and got a great upgrade and comped breakfast every day of her stay.
Old Dec 13, 2006, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Another pleasing stay. Got the Ocean view room this time, and notwithstanding the odd placement of the plasma screen I was very happy with my stay. The sashimi in Umami wasn't great, so I think I will try the Chinese restaurant next time.

It is nice to go for an evening stroll without being offered a copy Rolex or suit every 10 yards.
Old Jan 26, 2007, 8:23 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Another thumbs up vote for this property. I had meetings in the attached office buildings so it was super convenient for those couple of days. (Less convenient for meetings in other areas and for sightseeing, so I moved to the Grand Hyatt for a few remaining days.) The Le Meridien has a nice breakfast buffet and I had a decent dinner at the Japanese restaurant. The room was clean and contemporary. Very helpful staff for directions, reservations, etc.
Old Feb 27, 2007, 6:21 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Bump!

Any info about the surroundings within walking distance of the hotel? i.e. are there any convienience stores (7-11 type to stock up on water, soda etc), as well as any food places or shopping malls within walking distance...

And the complementary breakfast & bar drinks for Plats: Is that only if you get an upgrade to a deluxe ocean view or above, or would you still get those benefits even if you were stuck in the standard room booked?
Old Feb 27, 2007, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by AJLondon
Bump!

Any info about the surroundings within walking distance of the hotel? i.e. are there any convienience stores (7-11 type to stock up on water, soda etc), as well as any food places or shopping malls within walking distance...

And the complementary breakfast & bar drinks for Plats: Is that only if you get an upgrade to a deluxe ocean view or above, or would you still get those benefits even if you were stuck in the standard room booked?
There is a cinema/restaurant complex immediately adjacent to the hotel, so I imagine that you would pick up some things there (but haven't been in myself).

I have only stayed in deluxe rooms so cannot comment on your other query.
Old Feb 27, 2007, 9:38 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
...Any info about the surroundings within walking distance of the hotel? i.e. are there any convienience stores (7-11 type to stock up on water, soda etc), as well as any food places or shopping malls within walking distance......
I haven't stayed there, but this hotel is in the middle of nowhere, sort of a mini-La Defense, so quite atypical of Hong Kong. No street life within walking distance but presumably some stores serving office workers in the adjacent office buildings. As the previous poster mentioned, not convenient for visiting Hong Kong to the point that he switched hotels, despite being pleased with this one as a hotel. That sums it up perfectly.
Old Feb 28, 2007, 3:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat, HH Gold
While the Sheraton's location can't be beat, the LM is not far away from city center. The roads to the west side of HK island is quite well developed. A 15min cab ride will take you to Central. Rush hours traffic can be bad in certain districts, especially Causeway Bay areas. At half the price of Sheraton HK, it's worth considering. It's also a Cat3 compare to Cat5 for Sheraton HK.
Old Feb 28, 2007, 5:24 pm

Bump!

There is a Park 'N Shop supermarket right behind the hotel. IIRC, a section of it is open 24 hours, but I'm not 100% sure on that. A few restaurants also located around the hotel (Chinese, fast food). There's also supposed to be a Green T House restaurant somewhere close by, which has received good reviews, but I haven't been there yet.
Old Mar 10, 2007, 3:41 pm

Programs: SPG & CO Plat.
First time in HKG

This will be my first time in HKG, and then just for two nights.

First - will I miss much of the HKG experience if I stay at LM and not the S Towers?

Second - what is the best method of getting to the LM, other than Taxi, for a big American with large suitecase?
Old Mar 10, 2007, 3:47 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by FatManInNYC

First - will I miss much of the HKG experience if I stay at LM and not the S Towers?

Second - what is the best method of getting to the LM, other than Taxi, for a big American with large suitecase?
1. For a first-timer yes, you'll definitely miss the hustle and bustle and the heartbeat of HKG, by staying in the LM. The ST is however slap bang in the middle of Kowloon with great harbour views.

And the night-time HKG island harbour view, while armed with your choice of tipple, should be a MUST-DO for every first-timer!

2. Try Airport Express to Central + Cab to hotel. The luggage trolleys go right up to the train and are available at both ends. Lots of luggage storage room on the trains too.
Old Mar 11, 2007, 12:12 pm

Programs: AS-MVP, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold
Originally Posted by FatManInNYC

Having been to HKG only twice, I have to agree that staying at the Sheraton would be better because you are in the thick of things. The second visit to HKG, we stayed at the LM and it was great. As a Starwood Gold, we were given a wonderful ocean view room on one of the top floors, if not the top floor. The rooms are very modern with floor to ceiling windows. It was the floor that the lounge is on, but it wasn't open when we were there. I don't remember the days of the week.

The LM does have a shuttle to Central, can't remember if it's the Airport Express station or not. A cab ride is about 10-15 mintues, depending on the time of day. The LM is great about responding to emails. Also, the breakfast at the restaurant was really good. Try to get a rate that has it included though. It's not exactly inexpensive for breakfast.

We arranged with the LM to take a limo from HKG. We arrived late on NW from NRT, and walked to one of the desks after arrivals and they walk you over to a mercedes and whisk you away.

I would definitely stay at the LM again, but I'm glad that the first time in HKG we stayed in both Causeway Bay (Excelsior) and Kowloon (Sheraton).
Old Mar 11, 2007, 1:27 pm

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
As a Plat, I got a nice, corner, ocean-view room (floor to ceieling glass on both sides) that could not be beat, especially with the huge Plasma screen. For drinks at night, I received a welcome packet that said I could go to either of 2 bars and order what I wanted from "Standard" drinks. I had 3 glasses of wine and no charge ever appeard on my bill. The morning bufet breakfast (free as a plat) was excellent.
It is very out of the way, however, and I would not recommend it for other than a matress run. The shuttle van ($29 HKD each way), about 15 minutes, leaves from right where the Airport Express stops in Central (just walk straight out of the train and across the floor and you will see an "H2" sign, which is where the shuttle will appear). There is an information desk right there if you have any questions. The shuttle runs hourly (FROM Central on the 30 minute mark, 1:30, 2:30 etc).
Old Mar 11, 2007, 7:32 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Was just at the Sheraton last week. If you go, don't miss the hot tubs (3) on the roof. They are overlooking the harbour!

^ ^ ^

Plus if you can upgrade to a tower room (buy 2 nights get one free!) the better breakfast buffet + free Internet + free 100 HKD laundry daily is worth it!
Old May 18, 2007, 6:46 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond; UA Golod; SPG; Hyatt Diamond; AA PLAT; MR gold
Originally Posted by BlueHenFlyer
I'll bump this and add my two cents - I concur with most above. Had grown tired of staying on Nathan Road. This hotel is out of the way and quiet is good. Getting there was no more trouble than anywhere else - in fact, from Wan Chai to the hotel was about 20 minutes in evening traffic.

The hotel is beautiful - and the staff was nice. As a Plat I got a nice free breakfast (which beats the continental only deal at the Sheraton, which generally ends up getting you charged for the whole thing), PLUS free drinks ALL NIGHT long in the 4th floor bar. They would have kept it open until I left, I'm sure.

Free wireless in the lobby, in case you don't want to pay the connect fees, just get on the shuttle bus and don't discuss payment - no one else does.

Shuttle bus leaves on the 1/2 hour from the Airport Express Station in Central.

^ ^
If you go to the lobby for the free wireless and walk back to your room with your computer on, the wireless remains free in your room. Downside is you have to do that each time you boot up but still saves the HKD (I think 150).
Old Jul 20, 2007, 5:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Meriden Cyberport Deluxe Seaview Benefit Changes

I have not seen this information posted here before so I thought this might be useful.

After our marriage and honeymoon in Thailand, we returned to HKG for one night prior to our return home. Making a reservation at the Meridein turned into a comedy of errors (on our part). I had thought I had made the reservation before we left the UK but when I checked it was not there. I then attempted to reserve again whilst away, but again for some reason the reservation didnt transmit properly. Finally Mrs LoM made a reservation.

We arrived at the hotel to find that our reservation was actually for a year in advance and the hotel was very full. However they honoured the rate and since this was the last night of our Honeymoon we were upgraded to the oceanview Suite on the 13th floor. All this was sorted within about 45 minutes of our arrival so we were quite impressed (and not a little embarassed at our own stupidity). So full marks to the hotel staff for resolving this for us.

The main point of this post however is to draw attention to the benefit changes for the Oceanview rooms (which I think are the normal upgrade for Plats). On our last visit to the Cyberport almost 12 months ago, unlimited drinks were available in the Psi and Podium Bars from 11am to 11pm, the only exception was champagne and wines by the bottle.

After several days of eating excessively we were not in the mood for a full dinner and just had snacks and cocktails at Podium as we had on our previous visit. Some 1.5 hours into the evening when I asked about the winelist it became apparent that cocktails are no longer included in the free drinks policy (although on this occasion they made an exception for the drinks we had had). The only drinks now available are shown on a seperate menu, which is far more restrictive than the main drinks menu and which includes only house red and white wine, beer, spirits and mixers (no cocktails). Availability of drinks is now restricted to after 5pm. This policy was introduced approximately 2 months ago according to the bar staff.

I thought it was worth pointing this out, because I saw no reference to this change when making the reservation, and the printed welcome letter upon arrival, contradicted the verbal information at check in (i.e. the welcome letter describes the old terms, the verbal update gave the new).

At the risk of sounding like an alcoholic, this for me makes the Cyberport significantly less attractive than it was, even though the staff handling of our unexpected arrival was superb.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.