Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 2, 2014, 12:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
Hotel email address:
lemeridien dot kualalumpur at lemeridien dot com
reservations dot lmkl at lemeridien dot com
supervisor dot lmkl at lemeridien dot com

General Manager email address:
michael dot delargy at lemeridien dot com

LAUNDRY (FEB 29 2020)
Print Wikipost

Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2019, 12:32 am

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by GalaxyChris
I say Royal Orchid 1 experience (and only) was good nothing else.
Area so complicated with trafic that I'm not interested to go back.
Their Chardonnay was good (at this time), Cocktail too.

if your life revolve around lounge food, yes we have different taste.

My first post was concerning food and drink in LMKL, lounge, not about laundry or voucher.

My next stay in KL is already booked, and its not at LMKL, I will try the JW instead (not sure it's much better).
I've many, many stays at both the hotels I mentioned so perhaps a broader sample than yours, but of course, everyone has different opinions. I just don't think your post is fair to the hotel. I mentioned the other things due to lounge and those being plat benefits - so thought that was fair.
btw if you have complaints about the traffic there, well don't expect better at the JW (or anywhere in KL ) - which of course is not any hotel's fault.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 2:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I stayed at this hotel in mid-Jan. I was upgraded to a large suite. I thought the lounge food was excellent and the chef even made a special assortment of vegetarian Indian and curry dishes for me. Definitely one of the top lounges in Asia in my book.

i had the wine but I don’t remember it being memorably good or bad.
estnet likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 3:33 am
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by GalaxyChris

There better lounge than that in Asia.
Of course there are, after all your paying for it in the room rate!
cur and margarita girl like this.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 3:01 am
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
The wine is terrible at Sheraton PJ and the black label tasted funny too..wonder if it is a systemwide problem in KL..just started on the Bonvoy program and look to explore Malaysian properties in detail.
GalaxyChris likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 7:59 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by ashkale
The wine is terrible at Sheraton PJ and the black label tasted funny too..wonder if it is a systemwide problem in KL..just started on the Bonvoy program and look to explore Malaysian properties in detail.
I stayed at four hotels in Malaysia. Three were Marriott properties (Renaissance, J.W. Marriott and Autograph Collection). The fourth was a 5-star independent property. The wine selection at each of the hotels wasn't the greatest, at least the complimentary wine in the lounges. I can't speak to spirits because I don't drink spirits, but I'm guessing there aren't many wine distributors in Malaysia, a Muslim majority country.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 11:35 am

[QUOTE=hockeyinsider;30749964].... I'm guessing there aren't many wine distributors in Malaysia, a Muslim majority country.[/QUOTE]

There are plenty of distributors but it really depends on how much the hotel is willing to pay ...
Old Feb 8, 2019, 4:00 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
[QUOTE=puchong;30750741]
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
.... I'm guessing there aren't many wine distributors in Malaysia, a Muslim majority country.[/QUOTE]

There are plenty of distributors but it really depends on how much the hotel is willing to pay ...
You can get pretty much anything you like in Malaysia and booze is cheaper than, for example, Singapore. That's not the reason for serving terrible wine. The import tax on terrible wine is the same as the import tax on good wine. We used to buy NZ Fat Bird in the supermarkets. Very drinkable and was around US$12 at retail.

At least there's not that blended "fruit wine" in Malaysia that you get in Thailand. On the other hand, you do get blended industrial alcohol sold as spirits that used to be served in the Renaissance lounge. That stuff will kill you.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 8:26 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
Originally Posted by ashkale
You'd find Marriot & Accor gives lots of latitude on their lounge wine. Unlike Hilton which the baseline seems to be "Luis Felipe Edwards" range in most of the lounges.

For the LMKL, especially those who don't get access to Club lounge, the lobby lounge (Gastro Sentral ?) actually has 3 different red & whites to choose from their house wine selection (1 more than at the Club ) . Priced at RM18/glass during happy hour which is great value at a 5* hotel, but try to order at the bar or where you can see the bottles they pour from as some of the servers only know the difference between a red & white and you might not get what you actually ordered.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 7:58 am

Hello there
Anybody knows if all suites come with lounge access since it's not specified on their website?
Thanks
Old Feb 21, 2019, 7:27 pm

I'll chime in ... I was there for a week this month. Lovely stay. I had 2 breakfasts at the restaurant and 5 at the Lounge. The choices were broader at the restaurant, but I like a simple breakfast and the Lounge was quieter. I found enough for dinner at the Lounge every night I attempted it (all but two) I found the evening choices better than those at the Marriott Tang Plaza in Singapore, and the Lounge was far less crowded. YMMV, but I can't wait to go back.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 9:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat Amb, oneworld Ruby
Originally Posted by zboub345
Hello there
Anybody knows if all suites come with lounge access since it's not specified on their website?
Thanks
Very odd. It used to say so on the website, but I'm 99% sure it does come with lounge access.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 1:00 am

Originally Posted by zboub345
Hello there
Thanks
FYI, I sent an email to the hotel and they replied back:
Regarding your question, The Suite room paying is not entitle for Club Lounge access, however you can add RM150+ (special offer) per person for Club Lounge access. If you still have any inquiry, please do not hesitate to call or email me directly. Thank you and have a nice day.

Old Mar 22, 2019, 12:47 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
I'm going to have one night in Kuala Lumpur before flying out. I have gold status with marriott and diamond with hilton. I was going to stay with the hilton next door, but after reading reviews I am not so sure its worth it. Then I was going to do grand hyatt with a prive rate but realized I needed to book to nights instead of 1 so that went out the window. I'm now considering staying here on a points stay. I'm guessing my gold status is going to get me a whole lot of nothing anymore. Is there a way to pay extra points or a very very small charge to get lounge access? Is this property worth staying at with only gold status? The point redemption rate doesn't seem bad, so it would save me money staying here.

Last edited by Red259; Mar 22, 2019 at 1:20 am
Old Mar 22, 2019, 3:48 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Back then when in SPG, I can use 3000spg pt to get club room upgrade. These days nt sure anymore. Will be good to know as well.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 4:57 am
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
The LM is a nice alternative to the Hilton, given the cost of rooms in KL I would just book a club room. FWIW the Hilton and LM are sister hotels sharing the same design and pool, however unlike the Hilton the LM has not had its lobby roof collapse.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.