Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Suites San Diego at Symphony Hall [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Suites San Diego at Symphony Hall [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2013, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by awc4
This may be one of the worst SPG properties that I've stayed in...very dated rooms, crowded lobby, the lounge is a joke. I was given a free breakfast and let's just say that it was barely edible. Going up and down to the 12th floor for the lobby and then to another elevator was annoying...stay away from this place.

Then you haven't been to many SPG properties... Yes, the two elevators are a pain, and yes the rooms are dated, but the size of the rooms are nice, I wish the rooms had the same feel as the lobby. and I wish that everybody on the Club level was treated the same, which does not happen.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 5:52 pm

Parking Alternatives

Can someone please help me with parking alternatives? I'm staying at this hotel this weekend (Friday-Sunday), and we're coming down with a couple of friends. As a result, we'll have two cars, and I'm not keen to spend $120 to park for the weekend.

Ideally, we would like to drop belongings at the front upon check-in, and then ditch the cars in a FREE (or quite inexpensive) "Park & Ride" lot somewhere on a transit line. However, I'm having difficulty finding good information online regarding whether or not overnight parking is permitted in certain lots.

I thought my best bet might be to use the free Park & Ride lot at the Old Town Transit Centre, but I've seen conflicting reports on whether or not I can leave our cars there overnight.

The next best alternative I've found is the Sorrento Valley commuter rail (Coaster) station; but again conflicting information exists on how long I can leave vehicles there, and that station is 30 mins from Santa Fe Depot on the train, so it's a bit farther away than I'd like.

Can anyone confirm if either of those two options would work, or recommend another idea accessible via walking/public transport to the Sheraton Suites SD?
Old Jun 27, 2013, 1:32 am

Programs: IC RA
Originally Posted by TravelScholar
Can someone please help me with parking alternatives? I'm staying at this hotel this weekend (Friday-Sunday), and we're coming down with a couple of friends. As a result, we'll have two cars, and I'm not keen to spend $120 to park for the weekend.

Ideally, we would like to drop belongings at the front upon check-in, and then ditch the cars in a FREE (or quite inexpensive) "Park & Ride" lot somewhere on a transit line. However, I'm having difficulty finding good information online regarding whether or not overnight parking is permitted in certain lots.

I thought my best bet might be to use the free Park & Ride lot at the Old Town Transit Centre, but I've seen conflicting reports on whether or not I can leave our cars there overnight.

The next best alternative I've found is the Sorrento Valley commuter rail (Coaster) station; but again conflicting information exists on how long I can leave vehicles there, and that station is 30 mins from Santa Fe Depot on the train, so it's a bit farther away than I'd like.

Can anyone confirm if either of those two options would works, or recommend another idea accessible via walking/public transport to the Sheraton Suites SD?

I believe you can still leave a car overnight at Park It On Market, (Market and 6th). If so, I would park there on Friday night. only 10 bucks and it's close enough to the hotel to walk. Then, there are 9 hour meters available downtown. I know for a fact that there are som on F ST. Between 13th and 14th. Only cents per hour. So if you move your car there Saturday morning and pay the max of $4.50 you can leave the car there until you leave on Sunday, since parking is fee then.

Or I guess you could just use the 9 hour meter on Friday and then make sure you move your car first thing Satuday morning. Generally there plenty of the spots available.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by Investor 11
I believe you can still leave a car overnight at Park It On Market, (Market and 6th). If so, I would park there on Friday night. only 10 bucks and it's close enough to the hotel to walk. Then, there are 9 hour meters available downtown. I know for a fact that there are som on F ST. Between 13th and 14th. Only cents per hour. So if you move your car there Saturday morning and pay the max of $4.50 you can leave the car there until you leave on Sunday, since parking is fee then.

Or I guess you could just use the 9 hour meter on Friday and then make sure you move your car first thing Satuday morning. Generally there plenty of the spots available.
Thank you!! This will work perfectly. ^
Old Jun 27, 2013, 8:22 pm

Programs: IC RA
Originally Posted by TravelScholar
Thank you!! This will work perfectly. ^
Glad to be able to help. Enjoy your visit to San Diego.
Old Oct 10, 2013, 12:55 pm

Leaving Starwood on October 14, 2013

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sherat...ropertyID=2003

New name, The Declan Suites Hotel
http://www.declansuitessandiego.com/
Old Oct 10, 2013, 1:00 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by James Luckard
http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sherat...ropertyID=2003

New name, The Declan Suites Hotel
http://www.declansuitessandiego.com/
Noooooooooooo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.