Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Suites San Diego at Symphony Hall [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Suites San Diego at Symphony Hall [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2006, 11:30 pm

Programs: Liftime Titanium Elite Marriott
This is a very good hotel. They take care of Plats. Location not the best but they make in other ways. Try to get a corner room on the top two floors. Those in my opinion are the best rooms.
Old Oct 26, 2006, 2:25 am

Programs: SPG Plat
I've stayed there recently and I think it would be pretty dangerous to walk to the airport. You'd have to get across a road with some serious traffic conditions. I didn't seem like the airport was only a mile away so I checked out Mapquest. It's actually over three miles to the airport.

We walked around downtown and that was easy enough
Old Oct 26, 2006, 3:00 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, IC Amb
agree with micmath

it's quite a long distance from Symphony Hall to the airport...a lot more than the 1 mile you think it is. also consider that the immediate surrounding area in downtown SD can be relatively seedy as compared to the rest of SD.
Old Oct 27, 2006, 2:39 pm

Programs: AA PLAT, HILTON DIAMOND, MARRIOTT LIFETIME TITANIUM
Thank you for all the good advise.

Where would I catch this bus 992 at the airport, and does it drop you close to the hotel?

Originally Posted by Ocn Vw 1K
It's 1 mile as the plane flies. Though I've walked thru downtown and to the Harbor in about 25 minutes, there are some steep hills between this hotel and SAN and some busy traffic lanes to negotiate in the airport area. There is an easy alternate, however: you're only a few blocks from the stop for the 992 city bus West ($2.25 fare) which will take you in about 10 mins. from Downtown directly to the terminal of your choice.
Old Oct 27, 2006, 3:06 pm
Senior Moderator
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
This will depend on whether your trip is during day or evening. See http://www.sdcommute.com/Rider_Infor...Routes/992.asp

The evening service stops about a half-block from the Sheraton. Daytime service picks up at 4th & B'way, about 3 or 4 blocks from the Sheraton.
Old Dec 19, 2006, 10:36 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

How is Gold treatment here?Asking for a friend
Old Dec 20, 2006, 12:11 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, IC Amb
Just stayed there for my second time this past weekend (as gold, but hit plat with that stay ).

Gold treatment is OK. A higher level room (but not top four), but maybe I would have gotten on SPG floors if I didn't request a northern view room, which they honored. As gold: no breakfast coupons or free drinks, no free internet (~$10) or bottled waters; but front desk is always friendly.

Caution: hotel is currently undergoing renovations until March 2007; every room will be updated so there may be construction noise.

I can't say it's the best Starwood in SD, and I've been to them all except for the US Grant, but it is a very comfortable stay. Can't wait to see what it's like after the renovations.
Old Dec 20, 2006, 4:19 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Thank you ^
I will pass your very helpful information on
Old Mar 19, 2007, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
I remain a fan of the Sheraton San Diego Suites and even more so for Platinum members.

Free breakfast for Platinums and complimentary self parking.
Does anyone know if the breakfast and parking are still free at this property?
thanks
Old Mar 20, 2007, 4:11 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium , National Car Emerald Club Exec Elite, AC 50K Elite
Originally Posted by aslsigner
Does anyone know if the breakfast and parking are still free at this property?
thanks
Breakfast is still included for Plats but unfortunately parking is no longer complimentary.
Old Dec 31, 2007, 3:28 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG, National Exec
Anyone recently stay at this property and care to give an update?

TIA
Old Jan 7, 2008, 1:24 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, UA Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond/Ambassador, Hyatt Explor
Originally Posted by sinner7
Anyone recently stay at this property and care to give an update?

TIA

Had a recent one night weekend stay in Dec.

All rooms were suites, so I don't know if there was an upgrade to speak of, but was on the SPG floor and a corner room. Room is a bit tired, but clean. Can probably use a renovation. Comp breakfast and welcome drink as Platinum. Free computer terminals in the lobby! ^

Parking was expensive I thought, but dont' think there was other options.

Location is good, 10 minute walk to the Gaslamp Quarter.
Old Feb 12, 2009, 11:34 am

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Any updates? They have a very good weekend prepaid rate coming up. Website says there is a club lounge with breakfast and p.m. hors-d'oeuvres. Or do Plats get breakfast downstairs as an option?

Are Plat upgrades to corner rooms on Club floors pretty standard? Balboa Park views? Supposedly the hotel has been renovated recently.
Old Feb 13, 2009, 11:18 pm

Programs: Marriott LTP - Aeroplan 50K
Originally Posted by Explore
Any updates? They have a very good weekend prepaid rate coming up. Website says there is a club lounge with breakfast and p.m. hors-d'oeuvres. Or do Plats get breakfast downstairs as an option?

Are Plat upgrades to corner rooms on Club floors pretty standard? Balboa Park views? Supposedly the hotel has been renovated recently.

Haven't stayed there for a little while but the Club lounge is quite small and just off the main restaurant on lobby level. They give Plats breakfast in there but it fills up quickly. This is actually a good thing as they will let you sit in the main restaurant anyway. We had a corner suite on the Club level but YMMV. They did treat us extremely well and we wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. It's @ a 10 minute walk to the convention centre area.

Enjoy :-)

Singlepoint
Old Feb 15, 2009, 7:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Shangri-La Jade, IHG Platinum, TG Gold
QUOTE=Singlepoint;11256068]It's @ a 10 minute walk to the convention centre area. Singlepoint[/QUOTE]

Stayed here last year. Had a wonderful time and great service.
As Platinum, was given breakfast and drink coupon per day to be used at the restaurant/bar.The buffet breakfast was so-so. Not a very wide spread. Bacon, eggs, cereal, fruits etc.
Also, given complimentary in-room cable internet access. Shine by Bliss toiletries. Microwave in the room.
I had a room with the view of the El Cortez hotel.

Nice slow walk to the convention centre was downhill. But coming back up - bad for the knees.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.