Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove Seychelles [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove Seychelles [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2019, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Just got this notification from the hotel:

Old Dec 18, 2019, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I completed a 5 night stay here. Initially booked for 200K pts, but when peak/non-peak was introduced, I was able to rebook for 180K pts. (A few weeks later it went back to 200K pts.) Seemed like a good deal given that the cash rates are upwards of 300+ Euros. I was greeted by the Rooms Division Mgr at check-in. Surprisingly, there was no welcome gift in the room.

A day before arrival, I was pre-upgraded to a Deluxe Ocean Front suite. Suite was about 600 sq ft and had an immense bathroom, and a sunken living room which was part of the room, so not really a suite by definition. For anyone getting this room, be aware that there are no doors for the bathroom area (except for the toilet/bidet cubicle). The shower whose walls are made of clear glass, can be seen from the living room. What were they thinking???

The hotel is old, but we found it to be very clean. The grounds are full of lush greenery and beautifully maintained. The pool area was blocked off as mentioned above, but the ocean is much nicer for swimming anyhow plus it was incredibly warm. All the staff were personable and welcoming.

We were given a choice of 1000 pts as welcome amenity or buffet breakfast for 5 days, so that was a no-brainer. The buffet breakfast had an excellent selection of food (not as good as Asia, but much better than Europe as they had things like rice, grilled veggies, samosas, etc). There was also a made to order egg station. Sparkling wine was available. Regular price for the buffet is 650 SCR (US$47).

All the food and drink was rather expensive. Hotel does not participate in the Cravings program, so no 20% discount. However, we could get 20% off at H Resort while the fine dining restaurant was out of commission but the prices were even higher than at LM. We actually found some Indian food places nearby that had very reasonable prices and delivered for a minor charge so we ordered a couple of meals from them and ate on our balcony.

I had an evening flight and late check-out (6:30 pm) was granted with no issues.

Overall, a very good stay and I wouldn't hesitate to go back. Note that I used my Amex Bonbon card at check-out and Amex is using an exchange rate that is way off the mark. I called them today and they said that US$1 = 12.79 SCR. According to my XE app, the correct conversion today is US$1 = 13.67 SCR! I used the Chase Visa at other places, and the rate was almost identical to the XE rate, so be careful if you're paying with Amex.
Old Dec 20, 2019, 2:31 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
As a result of this thread being bumped, I never posted my stay experience here

Overall, an older property but I really enjoyed the location being right on Beau Vallon beach. It is a bit of a question as to whether you travel all this way to get to the Seyhelles and say in an older property but the combination of staying here and moving onto a nicer place on Praslin worked for us.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 9:28 am

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
According to the Hotel Website, this property will leave Marriott on the 25th November 2020.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 2:26 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
I know this property needed renovation and sprucing up, but yeesh - another legacy LM exiting the portfolio. Sad - I keep saying this, but hopefully this isn't portentous for the rest of the brand even if it's looking that way.

khabah
Old Sep 25, 2020, 4:55 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by AbuCordoba
According to the Hotel Website, this property will leave Marriott on the 25th November 2020.
What a shame... I really enjoyed this property when I stayed there a few years ago and the staff was quite pleasant.
margarita girl likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.