Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Europa & Regina, Venice, Italy, CLOSED for renovation Aug '18[Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 1, 2018, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Closing 10/1/18 for renovation.
Print Wikipost

Westin Europa & Regina, Venice, Italy, CLOSED for renovation Aug '18[Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2009, 7:41 pm

Programs: US CP, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
The hotel fronts to the Grand Canal, with fairly narrow alleys (like there's really a alley/calle in Venice that isn't narrow?) on either side. I would guess that the partial canal view may be pretty partial... That having been said they do have a good number of rooms between the Europa and the Regina wings. Couple that with the fact that tourism is down a decent amount, particularly in Venice, and I think you have a very high chance of getting a canal view room.

I was just there 2 weeks ago on a reward stay, upgrading to a partial view at 14.5k/night. I ended up with a Grand Canal room with a GIANT terrace (literally the terrace was larger than some hotel rooms I've stayed in). Granted we were on our honeymoon and let them know that ahead of time, but I still think there's a very good chance of you being upgraded to a Canal room.
Old Jun 15, 2009, 2:03 pm

Programs: Starwood
You won't be dissapointed

I was there a few weeks ago and got upraged to a beautiful room on the 6th floor overlooking the canal!!! The Westin Regina & Europa is an amazing hotel in a great location!!! The staff is extremely nice and accomodating. Breakfast for 1500 starpints is a great deal and well worth it.
Old Jun 15, 2009, 4:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Marriott Gold
Can you please clarify what you mean breakfast for 1500 points??
Old Jun 15, 2009, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by elynchking
Can you please clarify what you mean breakfast for 1500 points??
They offer their buffet breakfast for 1500 points/person. Also offer a price break for status members, but I don't remember what it is (still more expensive that I'd want to pay in cash). Don't know if its worth it or not as I didn't partake when I was there a couple weeks ago. Would certainly depend on how you feel about breakfast... We are both light breakfast people so picking up a croissant and an espresso from a bar for 3 euro or so was the better option for us.
Old Jun 15, 2009, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by treznor
They offer their buffet breakfast for 1500 points/person. Also offer a price break for status members, but I don't remember what it is (still more expensive that I'd want to pay in cash). Don't know if its worth it or not as I didn't partake when I was there a couple weeks ago. Would certainly depend on how you feel about breakfast... We are both light breakfast people so picking up a croissant and an espresso from a bar for 3 euro or so was the better option for us.
You're right - if it were for 2 people I might consider it but I also just used up almost all of the balance of my points on a few nights at the Westin Excelsior in Florence following Venice which I think will be better than breakfast!
Old Jun 16, 2009, 9:43 am

You're right - if it were for 2 people I might consider it but I also just used up almost all of the balance of my points on a few nights at the Westin Excelsior in Florence following Venice which I think will be better than breakfast!
I just stayed at the Grand Hotel, across the piazza from Westin Excelsior. Their breakfast is 2250 or 2500 points (can't remember), so 1500 at least is decent I'll agree though that I personally see more value in redeeming for stays, though everyone has their own criteria.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 8:50 am

Programs: Starwood
I didn't get the breakfast either but since it was being offered i thought i'd share the info. From reading these posts it seems alot of people take them up on this offer. If your points are limited then you are better off using them for stays.
Old Jun 20, 2009, 12:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, UA Plat, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Just stayed here for 4 nights, two rooms, one on points, the other cash and points. I was very happy with the hotel. We got what I think was the best upgrade I have ever received as SPG Plat; 2 bedroom, 2 story suite, just renovated 2 weeks ago. I am guessing it was something like 1500 square feet; both bedrooms were very spacious, plus a big living room and separate area with desk. The location is great; very central, but away from much of the hubbub of Venice. Service was excellent; very responsive and friendly.

Relative to the Danieli, where I stayed a few years ago, E&R seems much, much better. Better (quieter) location, nicer rooms, friendlier, more responsive service. I would stay here again, and would pick it over the Danieli in a heartbeat.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 8:40 am

Programs: AA - Ex Plt, Starwood - Plt
Extremely poor service

My family stayed at the Westin Europa for 2 nights a few weeks ago to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary and our daughter’s graduation. We had 2 rooms.

I have been a Starwood Platinum member for many years. My check-in experience was the worst ever! She made me feel unwelcome, a nuisance and was unhelpful. I have never been treated that way ever before.

Several times at the concierge desk we received that same attitude.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by drsmith
My family stayed at the Westin Europa for 2 nights a few weeks ago to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary and our daughter’s graduation. We had 2 rooms.

I have been a Starwood Platinum member for many years. My check-in experience was the worst ever! She made me feel unwelcome, a nuisance and was unhelpful. I have never been treated that way ever before.

Several times at the concierge desk we received that same attitude.
Was this your first time in Italy or Europe? Maybe it was you that didn't act properly? Did you say buon giorno or buona sera before making demands? I had excellent and very friendly service at the front desk and concierge recently, but I don't act the ugly American.

Apologies if I got it wrong, but I have seen this too many times.
Old Jul 8, 2009, 7:54 am

Programs: AA - Ex Plt, Starwood - Plt
Dear Stimpy,

Please know I did greet the front desk in Italian and made absolutely no demands or requests. I, too, have witnessed “the ugly American” and can reassure you that this was not the case.

You are 100% correct in the importance of learning to greet people in their own dialect. I am fortunate to travel internationally and have learned multiple language greetings. It goes a long way in building rapport.

You will want to know that I have informed the hotel’s Manager and Starwood Customer Service. Both have responded to me.

The Westin Europa front desk (and some of the concierge) was the worst ever. Just sharing my experience with the FlyerTalk community.
Old Jul 8, 2009, 10:43 am

I stayed at the Regina & Europa about a month ago and didn't notice any sign of snootiness or unhelpfulness from the front desk. We got to the hotel about 30-45 minutes after check-in time and were asked to wait for about 20 minutes until the room was ready, which annoyed us initially until we saw the room, which made up for it

I'm not certain what was going on when you checked in, hopefully it was just one person that was having a bad day which has since been rectified. We didn't have quite the reception from the front desk that we had at some of our other stays in Italy, but they were straightforward and helpful, upgrading us to a very nice room over the Grand Canal.
Old Jul 8, 2009, 4:44 pm
Tak

Programs:  UA 1MM, JAL JGC Diamond, SPG Lifetime PLT, AMEX PLT
Originally Posted by drsmith
The Westin Europa front desk (and some of the concierge) was the worst ever. Just sharing my experience with the FlyerTalk community.
I am sorry to hear that.
However, if you want to share your bad experience, could you give us more details?

You just said worst ever!
But we would like to know what happened?
Otherwise, we have to guess what you might not like.
For example, you mentioned you had 20 years annivasary and your doughter's graduation.
Many people here could think you requested upgrade or connecting rooms or something special because of such special occasions.
Without the details, we can not estimate how worse or how good or how reasonable, especially many people have enjoyed at this hotel.

I personally had bad experience at this hotel before regarding the rate.
I had special promotional rate and when I checked in, the front desk personnel said there was no such a rate. He said he worked at the hotel so many years and he continued to say he knew everything about the hotel.
I asked him to go into SPG site and see the rate and he refused to do it.

Since I did not have confirmation sheet so I turned on my lap top and showed the stored informatrion which had the confirmation.

He looked at it and without any apology, he let me to check in.
I felt pretty bad.

However, generally speaking, I still like the hotel and I have been coming back often after the experience.
Old Jul 28, 2009, 11:40 am

Does anyone by any chance have a direct email for one of the concierges at the E&R? I sent an email (twice) via the website contact info requesting dinner reservations and haven't heard anything back. I did the same with the Westin Excelsior in Florence and heard back immediately. Thanks.
Old Jul 28, 2009, 12:02 pm

Programs: AC Elite, SPG Plat
Here is what I have from two years a go:

Vendramin, Roberto [[email protected]]; on behalf of; Concierge, 00075 [[email protected]]

Does anyone by any chance have a direct email for one of the concierges at the E&R? I sent an email (twice) via the website contact info requesting dinner reservations and haven't heard anything back. I did the same with the Westin Excelsior in Florence and heard back immediately. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.