Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Milan, Italy [Master Thread]

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Milan, Italy [Master Thread]

Old Jan 22, 2014, 1:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta SM, Marriott Plat , Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by beltway
Having read through this thread & the ones on the Sheraton & Westin, I have the impression that
  • The area around the Westin (& the exterior of the hotel itself, for what that's worth) are a bit sterile vs. the older, grander-looking Sheraton & environs.
  • Sheraton aperitivo rocks, regardless of whether or not you have any interest in picking up gorgeous models.
  • The Westin is closer to the central rail station & a slightly shorter walk to the Duomo.
  • Both properties are convenient to the subway if you don't feel like walking to the major tourist sites.
  • Standard rooms at the Sheraton run the gamut from cramped & a bit worn to recently renovated. Westin base-level rooms a bit more consistent.
  • If you're Plat and/or a recurring visitor, you might get an upgrade. SPG Gold or below should expect nothing (including "enhanced" room), especially at the Sheraton.
  • Also, Sheraton rooms facing the street can be very noisy owing to the tram.

Thread title notwithstanding, I won't ask folks where I should stay when I take the DW to Milan in the coming weeks. Just checking that I have a decent sense of the factors to consider in choosing. (Points cost is identical, so no difference on that front.)
Thanks for this. Headed to Milan for 4 days in March and it looks like its basically a wash between the two hotels. No mentioned the 4 Points, so I'm guessing that's not to be considered. But as a Gold, there seems to be little difference between the two. Is the gym at the Westin nice?
Old Jan 23, 2014, 3:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ckendall
I believe the Westin (from where I am writing this message) is just outside the congestion area that starts on the other side of Piazza Repubblica. And in front of the Westin there is little interesting retail but just behind the Westin there are plenty of shops. And the view of the piazza is much nicer than the view from the Principe di Savoia (where you have to look at the Westin!).
Looking at a map of Milano I really cannot figure out an easy way to drive there and also leave there from exiting the A4 without entering the congestion area. As the fine is quite steep if you enter accidentally and you will not know if you did so until you receive the fine in the mail at which point your only recourse is to pay.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 3:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Forstbetrieb

So take the airport Sheraton, leave the car a day earlier, enjoy the lounge at the hotel and take the train.
Or park at one the parking lots + metro areas near the autostrada exits if you have the time to permit to do this.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 5:19 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott Titanium, National Car Exec Elite
We recently stayed at the Milan Marriott on points.

We enjoyed the property very much, and would stay there again.

It was easy to reach by public transportation: we flew into Malpensa and took the train to Cadorna North (11 euros), then the red line to Wagner (1.50 euros). Total trip time was about 45 minutes, and very affordable at only 12.50 euros.

The walk to the hotel was about 7 minutes.

We used public transportation for the whole week, and it was very reliable and inexpensive. We used the tram and subway. Take the tram for a nice above-ground view of the city from Wagner to the Dome.

The staff was very friendly. The room was very comfortable. It was on the 6th floor overlooking Carlo Irnerio Park -- very quiet.

The Lounge is definitely not spacious, but the food was very good and the staff (Monica in the morning and Massimo in the evening) was very friendly and attentive and kept everything well stocked.

It's open everyday from 6am to midnight, and always had plenty of water, juice and dry snacks on hand. There were always hot options during the meal service - scrambled eggs and bacon/sausage for breakfast, veal/ham/chicken and rice/potato/etc for dinner.

Complimentary beer and wine is available during the Sunday-Thursday dinner service, and they serve dessert around 7:30pm.

There is a beverage dispenser with coffee and espresso, hot milk, hot chocolate, and hot water. There was also tea and fresh fruit available.

Photos of the Milan Marriott Executive Lounge

There is also a beverage dispenser in the lobby sitting area that is open from 7am to 11 am everyday.

As a Plat we had breakfast in the hotel restaurant on Saturday and Sunday, and the food (and selection) was outstanding.

Overall we had a great experience and would stay there in the future.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 5:51 pm

Does anyone know if there is lounges for either the Sheraton DM, Four Points City Center, and the Westin Palace?
Old Apr 29, 2014, 8:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
No lounge in the Sheraton Diana or the Westin; I've never been to the Four Points. There is a lounge at the Sheraton Malpensa.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 12:50 am

Programs: EX˛-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Originally Posted by ckendall
No lounge in the Sheraton Diana or the Westin; I've never been to the Four Points. There is a lounge at the Sheraton Malpensa.
There is a nice lounge at the Sheraton Malpensa.

BTW: there is / was also a small lounge at the 4pts with coffee, softdrinks, cookies and some drinks. No beer, wine or prosecco if I remember correctly.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 2:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There is a nice lounge at the Sheraton Malpensa.

BTW: there is / was also a small lounge at the 4pts with coffee, softdrinks, cookies and some drinks. No beer, wine or prosecco if I remember correctly.
There still is the small lounge room at the Four Points. I also recall as you- coffee, soft drinks, cookies, and water.

4pts is a good option during trade shows when prices in Milano tend to skyrocket (i.e. basic room >700 EUR). At other times I tend to stay at the Diana Majestic if an SPG property and alternatively somewhere nearer the Duomo which is about a 20 minute walk away.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 2:18 am

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Westin Palace has a more luxurious 'feel' in their upgraded rooms and is walking distance to milano centrale. Rooms are quiet too. However, the staffs/front desk...definitely not the approachable type. Also a/c in westin has a mind of its own....super hot and had to open windows on a november.

Sheraton diana majestic has plain rooms...bathrooms lacks imagination. Lobby kinda old looking and dark. And yes, if you are facing the terrace, it does get loud and hard to sleep until the music stops.

However, i would choose sheraton majestic over the other due to their staffs/front desk, etc. Very friendly and helpful...One of the few properties in italy apparently owned by starwood itself. I felt so, so welcomed there on my 2 stays this month. A/C works well here too. It gets cold when you want it cold, warm when you want it warm.

4points....no comment
Old Apr 30, 2014, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by supatight80
One of the few properties in italy apparently owned by starwood itself.
All of the former CIGA properties are owned by Starwood itself with the exception of the two (former) hotels on Lido [Venezia] and Asolo [Cipriani]- the Lido properties are now owned by an investment fund and the Asolo property which just installed a beautiful swimming pool is owned by the founder and owner of Segafredo cafe.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 2:26 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
I have stayed at all three and was most pleasantly surprised with the 4points. I would stay more often at the others if I had a SET code that worked there. Anyone?
Old Apr 30, 2014, 2:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NYTA
I have stayed at all three and was most pleasantly surprised with the 4points. I would stay more often at the others if I had a SET code that worked there. Anyone?
I have found as long as you can avoid salone mobile, settimana moda, the 2 big plastics shows, and xylexpo you can regularly get this hotel in a double room for 190 EUR or less which is quite a good value for Milano if you want to stay in a chain hotel- alternatively head for one of the independent hotels of which particularly near Navigli there are some good options.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 4:23 am

Programs: EX˛-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
All of the former CIGA properties are owned by Starwood itself with the exception of the two (former) hotels on Lido [Venezia] and Asolo [Cipriani]- the Lido properties are now owned by an investment fund and the Asolo property which just installed a beautiful swimming pool is owned by the founder and owner of Segafredo cafe.
And the Cristallo in Cortina is also not owned by starwood.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 5:00 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
I'd be surprised if there isn't some Italian corporate that has a SET code that works at these hotels. I only wish someone would tell me what it is!
Old Apr 30, 2014, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And the Cristallo in Cortina is also not owned by starwood.
Very interesting- even though I have visited the Cristallo quite a few times I had no idea it was ever a CIGA hotel- however here it is- thanks for new information:
http://www.cristallo.it/en/luxury-ho...es/our-history

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.