Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Milan, Italy [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Milan, Italy [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2011, 12:00 pm
Suspended

FYI: There is an AC hotel, which I believe, is more centrally located in Milan. This may be a better choice once the AC Brand comes aboard.

However, as I have read elsewhere, the Edition brand does not provide a comp breakfast. This may be true for the AC brand, as well. We will just have to wait and see.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 5:21 pm

Programs: United, USAIR, Marriott, Hilton
Marriott Milan

I stayed at the Marriott Milan a couple of years ago. I agree that the Executive Lounge is sub-standard. However, they permitted high status members to eat breakfast for free in the main restaurant. That was an EXCELLENT experience.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 8:44 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Milan Marriott

We will be there the first part of May and will write back while we are there. Since I am a PLT Premier Elite it will be interesting to see what they offer or don't offer me.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 3:23 pm

Red face Marriott Via Washington 66, Milan, Italy

I am at this hotel as I write this.
If you are a Marriott Rewards person, avoid this place.
It has a Motel 6 feel and service level that is so low that I cannot even begin to compare it to any bad place I have stayed at.
They have 90% occupancy, not becuase they are a good hotel. Every fleabag in Milan is expereincing the same occupancy level because there is a shortage of hotels here.
So if you are looking at a fleabag with inflated rates under a premuim brands this is the place for you.
Here is my expeience in 3 nights here:
1. Rates charged are 80-100 Euros above internet advertised levels for same dates. I caught them at it and they adjuted my rate but only after 3 nights at around $600 per night. This way above any 5 star hotel in most countries in the world and this plce is a below Motel 6.
2. Rooms have bad drainage, bad beds. Mattresses are so old they slant so steeply that you could easily roll off the bed in your sleep. So unless you are used to anchoring yourself to the wall, this is not a good place to sleep. In the end, all that you really pay for is a bed in hotel and if that is bad, they can blow me and that would not work.
3. Airconditoners make so much racket that you cannot sleep. Turn them off and burn if you like that.
4. There are 300 rooms and 5 irons. So god forbid you need one to iron a wrinlked shirt. They are jacking up their rvenue by forcing you to use their laundry service. My cost 46 Euros. When I copmlained the front desk and the Manager offered to buy me a drink but refused to reverse the laundry charge even though I asked for it. That is proof in the pudding for me that all they want is your money.
5. You call the Concierge for anything, be prepared to be treated like the jantor in the building. Rude as they can get. Told me I could not get an iron becuase the hotel was full and there are 300 rooms and only 5 irons. So basically, go screw yourself. I asked for a Manager and he said there was no one I could talk to except him. Lucky for him it was close to midnight or that Italian Stallion would have would up with a broken jaw.
The others I talked to subsequently including a Manager did not have much else to offer and did not reuce the luandry fee.
6. Next day I asked for the Manager and the only one around was the food and beeverage guy. It is like compalining about a space ship to a guy who is operating the donkey express. This guy was more interested in talking about his own travel expereinces than doing anything about my room issues. So he offers me a couple of drinks and that is all. While the hotel continues to charge me rates way above market around $600 per night and bad servce and Motel 6 like rooms to boot.
7. I am a Marriott Platinum guest. The Club room is a joke here. No alcohol as advertised for club guests. When I asked the club attendant during happy hour for a drink he told me to go down to the bar and buy one. I went and complained to the front desk. They called him. I went back up and he gave me a beer, closed the service room and left. I complained to the Manager. He said they were trying to protect themselves from children in the club level. Bunch of bull I would say.
These are irrefutable facts.
Stay at this palce if you are a glutton for punishment.

Last edited by designy; Apr 15, 2011 at 3:34 pm Reason: spellings
Old Apr 17, 2011, 8:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Hmm, bit of a contrast to this post for a stay only 2 months ago:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/16038401-post2.html

Maybe edgewood49 can also do a 'trip report' when he stays there in May.

Cheers.
Old Aug 1, 2011, 9:37 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam E+, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Sheraton or Four Points?

I am going to Milan for a weekend (Fri-Sun) in the end of October. I have two options - the Sheraton is 99EUR per night and the FP is 88 EUR per night (FP also include breakfast).

Any idea on which one I should book?

Where is it easiest to score a suite upgrade?
Old Aug 1, 2011, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I always get a suite upgrade at the FP and haven't tried the Sheraton, but I would hope the Sheraton is a nicer hotel overall and probably worth the extra 10 bucks.
Old Aug 1, 2011, 11:14 am

So thought I. But FP seems to be more generous when it comes to suite upgrades. Please correct me if I am wrong.

And the FP seems to have a better location when it comes to train travel and sightseeing in Milan. Please correct me here also if I am wrong.

The FP have complimentary breakfast as well with their best rate.
Old Aug 6, 2011, 10:19 am

Hmmm...no reply, so I decided to book the Westin Milan when I found it on beat the timer (118 EUR per night - a great deal!!).

It seem to be above both Sheraton and Four Points, so I am looking forward to try it out.
Old Aug 6, 2011, 12:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold, UA Premier 1K, Amex Plat, GlobalEntry
What's "beat the timer"?

I'll be at Lake Como for the later half of Oct.

What's "beat the timer"?

Originally Posted by skrosvik
Hmmm...no reply, so I decided to book the Westin Milan when I found it on beat the timer (118 EUR per night - a great deal!!).

It seem to be above both Sheraton and Four Points, so I am looking forward to try it out.
Old Aug 6, 2011, 3:32 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by backdoc
I'll be at Lake Como for the later half of Oct.

What's "beat the timer"?
Link
Old Aug 6, 2011, 3:48 pm

I have been at all of them except Meridien as it is still closed for renovation.

FP: You'll get upgrade to jr. suite but they are quite old, dirty and smelly. Executive rooms are okay, but the whole hotel is run down and not worth it at all.

Westin: Nice hotel if you get upgrade to jr. suite which you have to insist on and if you do not need minibar or restaurant (both quite expensive)

Sheraton: Very good location but very small rooms and very seldom reasonable upgrades.

In summary if you "have" to stay at SPG then take the westin as platinum
Old Aug 7, 2011, 2:11 am

Thanks

Yeap, the Westin was actually cheaper than both Sheraton and Four Points when using Beat the Timer. And, the 118 EUR rate was for a room with king bed (double occupancy), which usually are more expensive in Milan since many hotels offers rooms with a single bed.

The 118 EUR rate seems to be available on all dates in October, so hurry!!
Old Aug 7, 2011, 12:42 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Bump to see if we can entice edgewood49 to share his impressions of the hotel with us.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 2:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by beachfan
Bump to see if we can entice edgewood49 to share his impressions of the hotel with us.
Or PM edgewood49 & ask him/her to post. I've done that before with others.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.