Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Nashville, TN

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Nashville, TN

Old Apr 3, 2006, 4:19 pm

Programs: UA Silver/ AA EXP/Hyatt Globalist/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by HawkSE
BNA is home to me (for now at least). You might want to check out the Vanderbilt University Marriott. It will be very close to the start of the CMM and is in an upscale portion of the city. In this area you will be surronded by more locals than tourists - just depends on what you are looking for.

ITA with this recommendation. The Renaissance is a nice hotel. But it's location is in party central. The area is loud and somewhat seedy on weekend nights because the 2nd Avenue bars are very close.

There's a lot more restaurants around the Vanderbilt property. And it's a better place for your kids. I'm telling you, 2nd Avenue is crazy on weekends.

Personally, I like the Renaissance. But I never travel with kids either. If I was, I'd definitely move away from that area of town.

SIDE NOTE: The Vandy Marriott is so nice that Keith Urban (a very well-known country singer) lived there for a time period while he was looking for a house (the one he now shares with fiance Nicole Kidman). This is probably the nicest Marriott property in Nashville.
Old Apr 3, 2006, 4:21 pm

Programs: UA Silver/ AA EXP/Hyatt Globalist/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by orfflyer
One of the benefits of the Renaissance Nashville is the Bridge Bar - if Brad is working you will be served the best martini you've evr had (if you like them well shaken)! Also, easy walk tot eh honky-tonks (try Roberts Western World - home of BR549). And for breakfast it's a 20 minute drive west done 100 (I think - whatever Broadway turns into) to the Loveless Cafe. Great biscuits and smoked bacon/sausage/ham.

Vandy Marriott is also nice, but my vote is for the Renny! Have fun whichever you decide.

Dude, OP said he would have his kids with him. So I don't think he's looking for martinis and honky tonks. I think that's why we recommended the Vandy hotel. It's a lot more family friendly.
Old Apr 3, 2006, 7:59 pm

Programs: DL DM 1MM, MR Plat Premier, Nat'l Exec Elite, Hilton Diamond
Parking across the street is $5/night, park on the fourth floor & walk into the third floor of the hotel. Elevators get crowded, but a great location.
Old Apr 6, 2006, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Gold
Thanks everyone for the info. I want to be close to the finish line for the marathon so my kids can see me at miles 10, 19 & 26 within a one mile radius. Also, the expo and post race concert are next door.
Old Apr 7, 2006, 10:09 am

Programs: UA 1P, AA PLT, HH Diamond, SPG PLT, MR PLT, Hertz 5*
One more quick thought, there are rooms at the Vandy Marriott that have an unbelievable view of the Football Stadium, I mean directly into the stadium like you are in a sky box. It is incredible... went for homecoming 2 years ago, very very cool.

JK
Old Apr 7, 2006, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Great view of the stadium. I've got pictures of my last stay at the Vanderbilt Marriott in October:
(Please do not reproduce photos) http://slippahs.smugmug.com/gallery/848319
Password: flyertalk
Old Apr 10, 2006, 6:32 pm

Programs: 1K, Marriott Plat, *Gold
Nashville Marriott's

I will be spending a lot of time in Nashville and want to know which Marriott property I should choose (Renaissance, Vandy Marriott or Airport Marriott.

Last edited by Lepe10; Apr 10, 2006 at 6:33 pm Reason: mistake
Old Apr 10, 2006, 6:48 pm

Programs: US1, HHDiamond, MR Lifetime Plat, Nat'l Exec, Avis 1st, Priority Plat
Renaissance gets my vote, but go here to get more info on the properties you mentioned and others.
Old Apr 10, 2006, 6:52 pm

Programs: US1, HHDiamond, MR Lifetime Plat, Nat'l Exec, Avis 1st, Priority Plat
Originally Posted by chicaloca453
Dude, OP said he would have his kids with him. So I don't think he's looking for martinis and honky tonks. I think that's why we recommended the Vandy hotel. It's a lot more family friendly.
Thanks. I shoulda paid more attention to the post. Got carried away with the memories of the 'tonks and the 'tini's (I don't travel there with my kids either!).

Last edited by orfflyer; May 7, 2008 at 5:03 pm
Old Apr 10, 2006, 7:14 pm

Programs: HH Silver IHG Platinum
I would recommend the Vandy property unless you want to go down to 2nd Ave every night.
Old Apr 10, 2006, 7:30 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles, MR, HH, ICH/PC, Avis Pref., Hertz Gold
Although I like the Vandy property a lot, I'll muddy the waters a bit and throw out the airport location for consideration. It used to be pretty tired but they have spruced it up quite a bit in the last couple of years. I don't know what kind of corporate rate (if any) you are getting, but the airport property has usually been cheaper. Unlike the Vandy and the Ren, the parking is free at the airport location, if that is a cost concern. Opryland is not that far away.

I would also let location and ease of commute steer your decision.
Old Apr 10, 2006, 9:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA/CO(1K-PLT), AA(PLT), QR, EK, Marriott(PLT), Hilton(DMND)
I vote Rennaissance (ask for the HCA rate) ^
Old Apr 11, 2006, 3:44 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Delta Platinum AA Platinum
I vote for the Renaissance (ask for bellsouth rate)...love location and property...ask for corner room...
Old Apr 11, 2006, 12:01 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime 1K, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HH Diamond, Delta Base, AA Base
Originally Posted by AvalancheZ71
I would recommend the Vandy property unless you want to go down to 2nd Ave every night.
I've stayed at both full serv. props and second this comment.
Old Apr 18, 2006, 5:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Gold
One last question - I just booked a last min flight vs flying and will get in one night earlier and late - any suggestions near the airport to stay for a Thursday night? Thanks everyone.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.