Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Tahiti became Sofitel, 15 Oct. 2018 [Master Thread]

Le Meridien Tahiti became Sofitel, 15 Oct. 2018 [Master Thread]

Old Jan 11, 2019, 3:50 pm

Anyone get rebooked? Whats marriott saying?
Old Jan 12, 2019, 11:32 am

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by sgan317
Anyone get rebooked? Whats marriott saying?
Read above?
Old Jan 12, 2019, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by glocklt4
Read above?
Saw that, been a few days anything to report back? Have you contacted Accor to reconfirm? On the phone did marriott seem keen to reaccomodate or were they happy to tell you to pound sand?

Im not gonna rip them a new one if they are trying to find a solution. The situation is complicated as Marriott said all is good in October and most recent messaging is from Accor. Wonder if Marriott had knowledge that Accor would contact you.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 9:38 pm

Forwarded the message from Accor to Marriott late Friday. Didn't want to spend 30+ minutes on hold on the "Platinum line." Will post if/when I get a response.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 10:41 pm

Per DoctorOfCredit:

According to front line AccorHotels representatives they actually reached an agreement with Marriott/SPG, only for Marriott/SPG to then try to change the reimbursement rate agreed upon.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 8:44 am

Marriott Continues To Disrespect Customers, Promised Reservations Cancelled At Former

Steven Ganeles

Marriott managed to hit a new low this week, at least in my eyes, as promised reservations were stripped away from clients in Tahiti with no resolution or compensation. Back in November, we reported on a problem that Marriott has had with keeping valuable properties under their umbrella. Its my assumption that certain SPG hotels that have been very upset with the Marriott changes, have been able to get out from their flag contracts due to the change of hands to Marriott. Unfortunately with the change of flags came a bigger issue, what to do with existing reservations, Marriott allows reservations to be booked up to 50 weeks in advance. ........

https://samchui.com/2019/01/13/marri.../#.XDtcuM1S_G4
jerry305 likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 9:52 am

Programs: Liftime Titanium Elite Marriott
Marriott Continues To Disrespect Customers, Promised Reservations Cancelled At Former Le Meridien Tahiti
https://samchui.com/2019/01/13/marri...ridien-tahiti/
Old Jan 16, 2019, 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by sgan317
Saw that, been a few days anything to report back? Have you contacted Accor to reconfirm? On the phone did marriott seem keen to reaccomodate or were they happy to tell you to pound sand?

Im not gonna rip them a new one if they are trying to find a solution. The situation is complicated as Marriott said all is good in October and most recent messaging is from Accor. Wonder if Marriott had knowledge that Accor would contact you.
Well, no emails from Accor at all about the reservation. Time to call Marriott again tomorrow.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 2:38 pm

Spent another 2hr+ on the phone today. Got disconnected 4 times. PITA to deal with this. At this point, I'm trying to get them to open a regular room at St. Regis or Le Meridien Bora Bora (only points room with cash upgrade are available) and we'll switch our flights PPT-BOB a day early. Costs around $150 to make that change, but if we could get a room at either of those places for 60k, I'd be fine with it and just move on. The CSR's are trying to be helpful, but they apparently have no power to do anything. They all just keep saying "that hotel isn't in our system, we're not sure what you're expecting".
Old Jan 20, 2019, 10:03 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Delta Platinum, Marriott Gold
I have been working on this for almost two weeks now and am really frustrated with Marriott/SPG. I had two reservations with one being less than three weeks away from now. That sent us scrambling to find an available and somewhat affordable room. We decided to stay at the same hotel at a cash rate that seemed better than anything else we found at this short notice. Had we rebooked back in October when the hotel left Marriott, we wouldn't be in this spot, but we had repeated assurances from both the hotel and Marriott that our points bookings would be honored.

Now I am having trouble just getting my points back. I booked using SPG points in the SPG system and during the merger, I was one of the people who didn't have everything transfer properly. Some phone people can't find my reservations at all. Others can but then say I need to call SPG to do anything.

This is beyond frustrating especially when the only response I get from anyone at Marriott is to be patient.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 10:09 pm

I got the points back for my reservation and my Ambassador gave me another 35K points as compensation.
margarita girl and glocklt4 like this.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by imverge
I got the points back for my reservation and my Ambassador gave me another 35K points as compensation.
Who did you talk with? Just someone on the reservations desk? I have had NO luck and am beyond frustrated. My trip is next week!
Old Jan 28, 2019, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by bludevil
Who did you talk with? Just someone on the reservations desk? I have had NO luck and am beyond frustrated. My trip is next week!
I contacted my Marriott Rewards Ambassador.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by imverge
I contacted my Marriott Rewards Ambassador.
Oh, I'm not high enough status to qualify for that, so I guess I don't matter to Marriott.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 9:57 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
After sending a DM to the Bonvoy twitter account, I got a follow up email today. They are offering to refund the points that I used to book the room, or to rebook the room at the same points rate. I'm not sure how they would use my points to book a room at the new property, but that's the email I received. Just thought I'd update those who are in a similar position.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.