Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Limassol, Cyprus [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Le Meridien Limassol, Cyprus [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2012, 10:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by PanGalactic
Speak to Angela if you have any problems, she seems to know what's going on.

How many devices have they allowed you to log on with?

We were allowed 4 although we were told that was done as a favour as we were only supposed to be allowed 1 device.

Is the Le Fleuri buffet restaurant open yet?
As many as we want, 3 so far, again after a struggle.
Le Fleuri is open. We chose only the salad bar due to $42 pp price tag.
Pool is nice and warm.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 1:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
http://www.cyprus-mail.com/sultan-om...staff/20120426

Originally Posted by Cyprus Mail
THE SULTAN of Oman, Qaboos bin Said al Said, who was holidaying at a Limassol hotel the last few days left Cyprus happy, according to one report, leaving a €3,000 tip for the staff and gold watches for the hotel’s managers.
According to yesterday’s Alithia, the Oman leader stayed almost a week at the luxury Le Meridien Hotel in Limassol.
The Sultan reportedly arrived last Thursday with a 200-strong delegation in two private Boeing 747s. Members of his entourage arrived earlier in a Lear Jet to prepare the grounds for his visit, overseeing the refurbishment of the fourth and fifth floors of the luxury hotel. A military C-130 transport plane also arrived from Oman bringing his two limousines, said the paper.
On leaving the hotel, he left tips of €3,000 to the staff, and gold watches worth €5,000 each to the managers of the hotel. Members of his delegation remained behind while the Sultan is due to return to the hotel in June after further trips to Europe, starting with Croatia.
The Sultan reportedly refused invites for meetings from prominent political and economic figures in Cyprus, stressing that his visit was purely for leisure.
According to an article in Politis last week, the Sultan stayed in the €3,000-a-night presidential suite, bringing with him a delegation including 30 personal chefs, decorators, advisors but no women, and six containers full of equipment and personal belongings.
Le Meridien yesterday refused to comment on the report, citing the need to protect the privacy of its guests.
Sounds like someone had a good time there lately!!!

Last edited by PanGalactic; Apr 26, 2012 at 2:52 pm
Old Apr 28, 2012, 4:09 pm

Programs: CX Gold, United Gold, BA Gold, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Unhappy

I was there at the same time as the sultan....

Was a bit creepy though with alot of security staff etc.

Nonetheless i still received my usual upgrade to the corner suite in the spa wing. Best room in the hotel ( except the presidential suite which i will never get ).
Old Apr 29, 2012, 9:23 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, DL Diamond, NK Gold, Mariott LT Plat/Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
Glad to see some recent updates. Heading there on 5/26.
Old May 1, 2012, 5:41 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by EWRFlyerAL
Glad to see some recent updates. Heading there on 5/26.
Yes, they seem to be on the ball regarding elite benefits and upgrades

I have decided to go back there again next April, I'm going to book my award flights on BA in the next few days, then cross my fingers and wait for "Pay BB Stay HB" availability to open up nearer the date.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 3:14 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by PanGalactic
Yes, they seem to be on the ball regarding elite benefits and upgrades

I have decided to go back there again next April, I'm going to book my award flights on BA in the next few days, then cross my fingers and wait for "Pay BB Stay HB" availability to open up nearer the date.
OK, so flights are booked and PAY BB Stay HB availability has opened up for the dates I want. I'm about to make a booking and when I'm viewing the rates I see this:

Pay BB Stay HB / 5 nights minimum / full paying guests only / lunch or dinner at Le Fleuri restaurant GALA DINNERS NOT INCLUDED / fully prepaid / non refundable.
No penalty for changes/cancellations until XX/XX/2013
No deposit required

however on the terms a conditions I see this.....

Cancellation Policy:
If you cancel between XX/XX/2012 and 4:00 PM hotel time on XX/XX/2013, there will be no forfeiture amount. If you cancel after 4:00 PM hotel time on XX/XX/2013, the forfeiture amount will be a 1 night stay. There may be additional applicable charges and taxes.
Rate Plan Description:
Pay Bb Stay Hb. Pay Bb Stay Hb / 5 Nights Minimum / Full Paying Guests Only / Lunch Or Dinner At Le Fleuri Restaurant Gala Dinners Not Included / Fully Prepaid / Non Refundable..
Bolding is mine!

So which is it? Deposit, or no deposit?, cancellable and refundable? or Fully Prepaid / Non Refundable?

It's unlikely I will want to cancel, but it would be nice to have the option incase a much better rate suddenly appeared!

Last edited by PanGalactic; Jul 25, 2012 at 3:23 pm
Old Oct 8, 2012, 7:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold
I am planning to stay here in November. As a SPG gold, is an ugrade more likely on a standard rate rather than a prepaid rate?
Old Nov 15, 2012, 8:40 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Has anyone been there in winter (December/January)? Worth going around that time?
Old Nov 17, 2012, 5:19 am

Programs: CX Gold, United Gold, BA Gold, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Football Fan
Has anyone been there in winter (December/January)? Worth going around that time?
I am there quite often. Winter prices are quite low. The hotel is not full in the winter.

Depends what you are looking for. The place is quite relaxing and in good condition. You won't go into the sea in the winter but there is still stuff to do. However i think the hotel reduces its entertainment ( children and evening activities) in the winter.
Old Mar 8, 2013, 10:12 am
JK

Programs: BA Gold / OnBusiness, SPG Lifetime Plat 100, AmEx Centurion & BAPP, Superking Westin Heavenly Bed :)
Hey guys - heading here in July this year... Any recent reviews of the place? I had heard they did a refurb some time last year, but not sure how true that is.

Also, as SPG Platinum - any ideas of the type of room I might expect? I've booked the lowest non-refundable rate, which was €164 for b+b (I've booked 3 rooms, but the others are for non-SPG members)... Crossing my fingers for a nice suite, so we can all hang out in the lounge area!

Any recent feedback would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
JK
Old Mar 24, 2013, 11:39 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, SPG, Priority Club
Originally Posted by PlatinumJK
Hey guys - heading here in July this year... Any recent reviews of the place? I had heard they did a refurb some time last year, but not sure how true that is.

Also, as SPG Platinum - any ideas of the type of room I might expect? I've booked the lowest non-refundable rate, which was €164 for b+b (I've booked 3 rooms, but the others are for non-SPG members)... Crossing my fingers for a nice suite, so we can all hang out in the lounge area!

Any recent feedback would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
JK
I've just booked a stay there for April but I'm not Platinum.
Old Jul 3, 2013, 2:09 am
JK

Programs: BA Gold / OnBusiness, SPG Lifetime Plat 100, AmEx Centurion & BAPP, Superking Westin Heavenly Bed :)
Hi all - time has passed quickly as usual, and I'm here next week.

One burning question: there will be 9 of us (6 adults and 3 kids). Does anyone have any suggestions for the best/cheapest way of getting from LCA airport to the hotel? Is hiring a car the best thing to do, or should we arrange a private taxi / taxi outside of airport / hotel taxi?

Any advice massively appreciated.

Thanks,
JK
Old Aug 11, 2013, 11:31 pm

Has anyone stayed there recently to share his/her experience?
Did you succeed in upgrades for Platinum status for longer stays (e.g. 7 days)? Wich room type do you normally get?
Is there a promenade along the beach?
Does meal option BB include breakfast (ok, Platinum status may also get breakfast or at least continental breakfast)?
Old Aug 12, 2013, 12:08 am

Programs: Bonvoy AMB/LTE , Diamond HH, SEN LH
As a plat. i received free full-breakfast for two+500 Starpoints and had a room in annexe.Was more modern and quieter than the other room on the long floors.
Was a BRG-stay.
Old Aug 12, 2013, 1:47 am
JK

Originally Posted by TimWong
Has anyone stayed there recently to share his/her experience?
Did you succeed in upgrades for Platinum status for longer stays (e.g. 7 days)? Wich room type do you normally get?
Is there a promenade along the beach?
Does meal option BB include breakfast (ok, Platinum status may also get breakfast or at least continental breakfast)?
Hi Tim - as you'll see from my previous posts, I was there almost exactly a month ago, for a week! My, how time has flown...

At check-in, we were given a suite in the main building, but I think this is because I had booked 3 rooms, and they tried to keep them somewhat together. The other 2 rooms were upgraded to very nice and large Family Rooms. When I got to my Suite, it was literally infested with ants or some other variety of fly. I called reception who came up with a can of spray. I joked that he had to be kidding, and when he saw how many there were, he agreed a move was in order! I then checked what suites were available through the SPG app, and we ended up taking one of the villa suites across from the main building (I5 or something like that). It was two floors, with a private pool shared between the 5 or 6 villas there. Suited our needs perfectly as we all hung out there all day long, in the quieter pool - and the kids made good friends with the kids next door. Can't help but feel the entire hotel is in need of some repair or TLC though. Our villa was OK, but could have done with some modernising...

The service here is fantastic, and I'd highly recommend the Italian restaurant. They were superb - we went back twice!

At breakfast - no-one even once asked our room number. We walked in, were seated, got our food and left. YMMV but I'm pretty sure anyone could get away with free breakfast there! To my knowledge, there is only one type of breakfast - so you get everything, including the omlette bar (which frankly, for a vegetarian, could have been a little cleaner and less meat-infested). So hopefully you'll find the same.

There is a sort of promenade area, but I'm not sure it'll be as nice as you expect. Still, a very nice walk, and a short pier to hang out on, and listen to the waves crashing down.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.