Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 11:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: khkchan
SPG INSTANT AWARDS - as of Feb 2018
Private Airport Transfer (one way to or from airport) - 3375 points (car) / 4500 points (van)
Le Meridien Phuket Beach Bag - 1125 points
Le Meridien Phuket Polo Shirt - 1500 points
Half Board Lunch / Dinner - 1800 / 2650 points/person (excluding special / festive events)
Buffet Breakfast Adult / Child - 1875 / 1125 points/person/meal
Spa Kids Pass - 2625 points/child/day (child 12 years and below)
One SPG Beverage at Tonson Bar - 1875 points for 2 drinks
One Mini-Cup of Ice Cream - 750 points (available at Tonson bar)
Two-hour Thai Cooking Class - 5250 points / person
60 Minute Massage at Le Spa with a choice of Swedish massage / sport massage / oriental massage - 6000 points
Print Wikipost

Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2009, 7:03 pm

Programs: UA GS, BA Gold, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Gold, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by saad
stayed here for 3 nights last year when i had gold status....got an upgrade to a junior suite....going back again in september for 3 nights....
How was your stay in September ?
Old Nov 12, 2009, 12:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by flyerbjorn
How was your stay in September ?
ended up staying at the sheraton grande laguna this time....i had never stayed there before so decided to give it a try....
Old Nov 12, 2009, 7:31 am

Programs: DL DM MM, MH Gold, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by chanp
Been about a month, any newer stay comments?
I'll be there Friday-Sunday this weekend so I'll post comments upon returning.
Old Nov 12, 2009, 3:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K; SPG Plat; Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by stewabr
I'll be there Friday-Sunday this weekend so I'll post comments upon returning.
Please do! Booked a z3r there in January, so I am definitely there, but any new info helps!
Old Nov 12, 2009, 4:42 pm

Good choice boi. Close enough to Patong and far enough away. Check out a restaurant called La Diva on Rat-u-Thit(owned by a hilarious ladyboy). The best and most elegantly presented Thai fusion food I've had. Prices are reasonable as well. link:http://www.ladiva-phuket.com/
Old Dec 21, 2009, 9:45 am

Programs: *wood LifePLT, UsAir CHAIR
Any recent reviews of this property?
Old Jan 1, 2010, 8:37 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott LT Platinum
The property was nice enough... Though the paint was peeling in places in my room and the bathroom was a bit dingy, the beach is great

Lots of European/Russian families with kids when I was there

One tip: Be sure to get the number of your taxi driver from the airport, as the hotel will try to jack you for the return trip. I called my cab driver and he willingly came by to pick me up and charged the same price for the return (750 Baht, compared to the 1200-1400 the hotel wanted)
Old Jan 5, 2010, 4:23 am
Suspended

You may also wait for an arriving cab and negotiate a price with the driver. Don't accept the first price which he offers @:-)
Old Jan 15, 2010, 6:03 am

Programs: UA global, VS Gld , SPG plat
no compulsory NY gala

Just spent New Year here and it was excellent. Very private resort - bit inaccessible if you want to go outside but why bother.
The rooms are recently renovated (but you have to pay BHT500 per day for a dvd player which is very mean).
Bathrooms etc well appointed.
The beach is very private, not packed (as big beach/not that big hotel) huge swimming pool, very well appointed gym and NO COMPULSORY NY GALA DINNER.
This is important to me having been fleeced at Sheraton Pattaya last year. Each restaurant offered their own NY dinner (at varying prices) but you were not obliged to take any of them.
The 'entertainment'; was pretty ropey though. The main buffet dinner was called 'Mama Mia" and they charged US$250 per head for the buffet including the 'show' . However, that consisted of the movie cd playing whist various cringe worthy (and very dated) dance routines were sort of performed although it looked more like your Auntie at a wedding - glad I went for the $60 option which gave a great view of the 'show' without having to pay for it.

The NY fireworks had a tech glitch until 00:15 (wet matches perhaps) but they were very impressive and the whole experience was a lot of fun.

I loved the place and will certainly go back should I wish to learn Russian.
My only complaint - there ought to be a rule about overweight men squeezing into speedos - it is not pleasant but each pair did seem to come with a very attractive and much younger female companion.

Brett
Old Jan 23, 2010, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by JCBR
Just spent New Year here and it was excellent. Very private resort - bit inaccessible if you want to go outside but why bother.
The rooms are recently renovated (but you have to pay BHT500 per day for a dvd player which is very mean).
Bathrooms etc well appointed.
The beach is very private, not packed (as big beach/not that big hotel) huge swimming pool, very well appointed gym and NO COMPULSORY NY GALA DINNER.
This is important to me having been fleeced at Sheraton Pattaya last year. Each restaurant offered their own NY dinner (at varying prices) but you were not obliged to take any of them.
The 'entertainment'; was pretty ropey though. The main buffet dinner was called 'Mama Mia" and they charged US$250 per head for the buffet including the 'show' . However, that consisted of the movie cd playing whist various cringe worthy (and very dated) dance routines were sort of performed although it looked more like your Auntie at a wedding - glad I went for the $60 option which gave a great view of the 'show' without having to pay for it.

The NY fireworks had a tech glitch until 00:15 (wet matches perhaps) but they were very impressive and the whole experience was a lot of fun.

I loved the place and will certainly go back should I wish to learn Russian.
My only complaint - there ought to be a rule about overweight men squeezing into speedos - it is not pleasant but each pair did seem to come with a very attractive and much younger female companion.

Brett
Was the place over run with families? We're going to be there in early March...I'm hoping this isn't high season for kids! Also, were any of the european ladies topless? My wife is French, and likes to be topless...and I don't mind it myself!

Any luck with suite upgrades? We're hoping to score one as a platinum...or is this something they offer for points/cash.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 5:35 am

Programs: ACSE, SPG plat, AA
Here right now!

Here for 7 nights, using points for 5, one comp, and one paid. As SPG plat was upgraded to Junior Suite, but asked if a Terrace suite was avaialable. Gal at checkin walked us to both to have a look. Junior had upgraded bathroom, but terrace has a massive and very private terrace...as name would suggest. Suites are located at ends of two wings with central elevator and stairs. Ice machine on 2nd floor which is a hike from suites. Oh, and we opted for terrace.

Great beach, huge pool with lots of options, although it was difficult to fully escape families. Place is loaded with Russians and Iranians right now. Pretty sure we are only Canadians, and only heard one American accent. Been open for 23 years, showing some wear, but not too bad overall. Wife is loving it, and a happy wife is a happy life. Service has been generally good, but have not had any issues or special requests. Lots of families.

Went into Patong today, you get accosted constantly. Had a great lunch at the Savoey Beach House Seafood restaurant - new addition on beach, old Savoey across street. Lobster, shrimp, oysters, soup etc...great.

Hotel is about 45-50 mins from airport. As stated in previous posts, there is not a lot right outside the hotel door, but 3 hours in Patong to buy wine, have lunch and walkabout was fine.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 5:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by chunkd
a happy wife is a happy life.
this is without a doubt the most important thing about your post....
Old May 22, 2010, 4:16 am

Programs: Starwood PLATINUM, BA GOLD, KrisFlyer Blue, GFF Silver, BATS After Work Club, Emirates Silver
The title of this thread is wrong - can someone change it to "Meridien" so it comes up in searches?

Having just finished 5 days there my thoughts are as follows:

+ve

-good location, close to Patong (200B by tuktuk) - hotel don't arrange a free shuttle (but they should)
-not that full, many russians there - fat husbands and and slim good looking gf/wives
-excellent gym (not that many people used it!)
-private beach (although I think it can also be accessed by non guests)
-minimal hassle from touts while on beach (only once)
-lots of beach loungers
-supermarket, laundry, massage, bar etc just outside the gates (about 5min walk from lobby) at local prices
-squash courts (but no resident pro)
-fairly good breakfast, although cappuccino costs extra and there can be a lack of seats at around 10am as the restaurant is not that big
-PLAT upgrade to junior suite

-ve

-waves too strong (one guest was taken to hospital after being knocked out by a wave)
-can't see the sunset (you can see it from patong beach)
-prices of food etc in hotel are 3x higher than in patong
-a coconut costs 250B at the hotel restaurant by the beach, whereas on the beach it costs 70B (I couldn't understand that - perhaps the hotel does not manage the vendors on the beach?)
-staff view any female asian guests very suspiciously and not courteously as they do other guests. In general staff attitude was not up to usual asian standards
-taxi transfers at 1300B is way too high- arrange one in patong for 600B
-minor plumbing problems in room (leaking AC and toilet)
-junior suite is not really a suite (just a room and bathroom)

Last edited by john11111111111; May 22, 2010 at 5:00 am
Old Aug 18, 2010, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Does anyone have an email address for this hotel? All the ones on the hotel's web site are coming back as undeliverable. Thanks!
Old Aug 18, 2010, 10:12 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Does anyone have an email address for this hotel? All the ones on the hotel's web site are coming back as undeliverable. Thanks!
[email protected]

Did this work?

Thyetus Lee

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.