Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 11:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: khkchan
SPG INSTANT AWARDS - as of Feb 2018
Private Airport Transfer (one way to or from airport) - 3375 points (car) / 4500 points (van)
Le Meridien Phuket Beach Bag - 1125 points
Le Meridien Phuket Polo Shirt - 1500 points
Half Board Lunch / Dinner - 1800 / 2650 points/person (excluding special / festive events)
Buffet Breakfast Adult / Child - 1875 / 1125 points/person/meal
Spa Kids Pass - 2625 points/child/day (child 12 years and below)
One SPG Beverage at Tonson Bar - 1875 points for 2 drinks
One Mini-Cup of Ice Cream - 750 points (available at Tonson bar)
Two-hour Thai Cooking Class - 5250 points / person
60 Minute Massage at Le Spa with a choice of Swedish massage / sport massage / oriental massage - 6000 points
Print Wikipost

Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2008, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by troyb
Is this still the case? As I've posted previously, I've budgeted 3 nights (timewise) of my 5 nights in Thailand to Bangkok and the remaining 2 to a beach or resort. I have the Sheraton Hua Hin on hold, but found some pretty reasonable flights to Phuket and Krabi. I could really use the SPG stay credits and also find the free breakfast buffets to be helpful while traveling for leisure.

Any additional thoughts? I greatly appreciate the help.
The Hilton is delightful although not as nice as the wonderful JW Marriott, the Sheraton Laguna (at least 12 months ago) was frankly run down and poor although the Golf Villas are very nice you are unlikely to see one of these with a points redemption. I cannot speak for the LM Phuket since the feedback on this thread has put me off ever visiting.

The Sheraton Hua Hin is a really great property providing you do not expect a suite upgrade. I would happily return there but for this.

Last edited by Land-of-Miles; Jul 14, 2008 at 11:58 am
Old Jul 14, 2008, 10:22 am
Suspended

Not sure whether Phuket is worth it for a mere 2 nights during raining season, but the Sheraton Pattaya is a very nice property (though the beach during this time of year is quite "yucky" during low tide) and easily accessible from BKK.

Have yet to checkout the Sheraton Hua Hin, the long drive from Bangkok has been putting me off this property though room rates look attractive.
Old Jul 14, 2008, 10:22 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
The Hilton is delightful although not as nice as the winderful JW Marriott, the Sheraton Laguna (at least 12 months ago) was frankly run down and poor although the Golf Villas are very nice you are unlikely to see one of these with a points redemption. I cannot speak for the LM Phuket since the feedback on this thread has put me off ever visiting.

The Sheraton Hua Hin is a really great property providing you do not expect a suite upgrade. I would happily return there but for this.
Thank you for the feedback. Perhaps I'll look into the JW a little more. I managed to get Gold status at Marriot, so maybe I can make some good use of it there.
Old Jul 14, 2008, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by mario33
Not sure whether Phuket is worth it for a mere 2 nights during raining season, but the Sheraton Pattaya is a very nice property (though the beach during this time of year is quite "yucky" during low tide) and easily accessible from BKK.

Have yet to checkout the Sheraton Hua Hin, the long drive from Bangkok has been putting me off this property though room rates look attractive.
I second the Sheraton Pattaya which is a great property only partially spolied by the number of Russian/East European guests present last time we visited.

Hua Hin may be a long drive from Bangkok but it is a very short flight (taking off and landing with the hotel on the flight path for a great aerial view). The Cessna Caravan also offers a rather unique flying experience (especially the landing at BKK), just don't pack anything too heavy
Old Nov 10, 2008, 5:20 am

Programs: QF (WP), Krisflyer Gold, UA PremExec, HH Diamond, SPG Plat, IC PC Gold Amb
Just spent 3 nights at Le Meridien Phuket. Not my first visit. Had a great time.
Booked on an Amex/SPG promo., pay for 2 nights get 1 free.
Received upgrade to an ocean view junior suite.
The resort was not very full and had a great family friendly feel. Most of the guests were European families. Oh and the weather last week was fantastic, no rain at all.
Old Mar 9, 2009, 8:13 am

Programs: Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HIlton Diamond
Just spent a week at this resort, using points. I never thought I would stay a week in Phuket but did and had a good time.

A little background first. My wife and I have been traveling through SE Asia for the last two months and never stayed anywhere more than 3 nights. Right before we came to Phuket, we were at the Hilton in Hanoi which is a nice business hotel in Vietnam. I say this because up until the time in Vietnam, we've basically been staying in $10/night guesthouses.

We booked the 4+1 points promo and quickly added another night because we wanted to relax. Spent thew first day lounging around the beach and pool. I would say this is one of the nicest beaches in Thailand and certainly Phuket. Very private especially considering that all Thai beaches are "public". The pools are very large as well and hardly anybody uses them. Virtually empty.

The rooms are very modern with 42" LCD tvs, minibars and comfortable beds. We were not upgraded though they said we could later in the week when something opened up but we didn't take them up on it. OUr room was fine though we didn't have much of a view.

We spent the next 3 days diving and so didn't use the hotel for much. but because we enjoyed the last day there so much, we went back online and booked one more night and relaxed for another day.

Yes, there are a lot of russians but other than noticing a lot of chubby and fat men with beautiful. model quality girlfriends, they didn't act any differently than any other tourist. Certainly no crazy parties. The manager said the clientele is 30% russian.

Is the food overpriced? Well, yes it is out of line with the rest of Thailand but then again you're going to LM to have a slice of home in Thailand so what do you want? Pizzas that are very good and from the wood-fired grill are $8-$9 (290-330 Baht). Burgers with fries are about $10. For somebody used to spending about $1 on food in Thailand did these prices hurt? Yes. Did I find them outrageous? No. The quality is good, especially when you consider what a normal Thai "Burger" generally is when it costs 1/3 the price. (BTW - the Hilton in Hanoi had a fabulous burger.) They have buffet dinners at one restaurant for 890 or 1400 baht based on the meal and includes entertainment - way out of our price range though so we didn't try)

The service was great all around. We were also invited to a cocktail party with the manager and other gold guests? that stayed a week or were there on a friday? It was a small group and the manager was nice and the cocktails were great. It lasted about an hour.

Re: taxi. Yes. They are expensive and like every other nice hotel in Thailand, if you go through their "official taxi service" you totally overpay...They wanted 300 baht ($8!) to get to Patong, about 2 km away. This kind of stuff happens everywhere though but Patong seems to be especially bad. We hoofed it to the road and bargained a deal of 100 baht into town. That wa the cheapest ride we took durig our stay in Phuket (which hurt because in probably ever other town in Thailand you can taxi or tuk tuk for about 50 baht for about 3-5kms. Taxis back wouldn't even talk to us for less than 200. We tried many and they weren't interested. I was surprised. So anyway, plan on 200 each eay and don't use the hotel svc.

I had two real annoyances at the hotel. They were that internet is a whopping $10/hour. Even in Patong where Internet is 1.5-2B/min, this seems a little crazy. Needless to say, we never used the internet at the hotel. The other was that they wanted 500 baht ($15!) for a deck of playing cards! We ended up paying 200 ($6) baht in town for two decks of cards.

So I recommend this hotel. We thought it was a great time and a good place for a secluded hotel (ie private beach) in Phuket. For the people ripping this hotel, I don't know what to say. You almost convinced me not to go but I'm glad you didn't. Enjoy
Old Jun 29, 2009, 10:59 pm
Suspended

Was any Platinum recently in Phuket Le Méridien? Is the hotel still great and does it still provide the breakfast vouchers on a complimentary basis? Is there also free Internet access?
Old Jul 11, 2009, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
stayed here for 3 nights last year when i had gold status....got an upgrade to a junior suite....going back again in september for 3 nights....
Old Aug 25, 2009, 1:25 pm

Programs: AC-SE, SPG-P
Anyone have a comment about this hotel vs. the LM Khao Lak that I have read so much about?
Old Sep 4, 2009, 11:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, NYC MTA Gold, AA EXP
New Breakfast?

I remember this property having a horrible breakfast options in the past and I noticed on their web site for their New Breakfast Option, a la Le Meridien Bangkok.

Anyone experienced their new breakfast? or Any Plats received free bfast?

Yes, I know this hotel is run down, etc...

I have been keep going back to this hotel for several reasons--the best private beach. Love wood oven pizza and only 5min from Patong. (more dinner options)
Old Sep 5, 2009, 10:10 am

Programs: UA LT 1K HYglob Marr LT Titanium
Originally Posted by nissan motor
Was any Platinum recently in Phuket Le Méridien? Is the hotel still great and does it still provide the breakfast vouchers on a complimentary basis? Is there also free Internet access?
No free internet anywhere for anybody.
Only PAY 649bht per 24hrs.
Breakfast was complimentry for plat.
The hotel is not great/good.

I'd rather stay in Patong if I wanted to be in Phuket.
Old Sep 30, 2009, 12:37 am

Planning to book the LM phuket for Oct 2nd week, How is the beach this time of the year, anybody been there recently? Also, do Golds get any sort of status? Appreciate your replies.
Old Oct 13, 2009, 10:21 am

Programs: *wood LifePLT, UsAir CHAIR
Any recent reviews of this property? Is the Sheraton Grande Laguna a better option? Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 8, 2009, 6:08 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Been about a month, any newer stay comments?
Old Nov 9, 2009, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
We're headed here to celebrate my 40th bday in late Feb./early March and would really love to get a plunge pool room...currently have room booked on points...anyone know if there is a way to pay with cash or points to upgrade to this kind of room?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.