Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

[LEFT 26 Nov 2020] Le Meridien Piccadilly, London, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[LEFT 26 Nov 2020] Le Meridien Piccadilly, London, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2020, 9:12 pm

Programs: CX Marco Polo Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Gold
I wonder what this hotel will become after 26 November 2020. Anyone knows?
Old Nov 6, 2020, 12:52 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
I wrote the hotel on Facebook asking if they're rebranding and what to if that were the case, and they were very coy about sharing details. They did say this: We will have a new name and brand but this has not been announced yet, once all information has been released we will share on our social platforms as well.

Looking at Kew Green's portfolio, they have a few hotels that are unbranded, but most operate under brands from Marriott, Hilton, Wyndham and IHG. If anything, I'd expect to see it become a voco under IHG or go independent and slot in under Hilton's Curio or Tapestry soft brands.

That being said - and I'm totally extrapolating here - Accor has been "under negotiation" for a few months for their first five Orient Express hotels after their plans for their inaugural hotel in Bangkok [what was to have been the Bangkok EDITION] recently fell through, and London is one of the five cities mentioned [the others are Paris, Milan, Rome and Florence]. Juuuuust [a very distant] maybe?

khabah
Old Nov 6, 2020, 3:24 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, IHG Spire, AMEX Plat
Unless a major overhaul is planned I don’t see it being of that calibre.

London Curios are of a higher standard too.
Old Nov 26, 2020, 5:03 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
It has now left Marriott. I've done a little research and it seems that the hotel is going to be called The Dilly Piccadilly when renovated (there's some pictures of the signage and lobby on the Westminster planning portal). Still no sign of a (soft) brand
Old Nov 27, 2020, 1:26 am

Originally Posted by davidw70
It has now left Marriott. I've done a little research and it seems that the hotel is going to be called The Dilly Piccadilly when renovated (there's some pictures of the signage and lobby on the Westminster planning portal). Still no sign of a (soft) brand
The Dilly?”

Oof, rough.

khabah
NoY and James Luckard like this.
Old Nov 27, 2020, 2:06 am

Great ‘lounge’ replacement offering for elite’s over recent months! The most generous I’ve seen
Old Nov 27, 2020, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by khabah
The Dilly?”

Oof, rough.

khabah
Eesh, it's always a shame when they take an old dowager hotel like this and try to tart it up with some "trendy" decor and a "hip" name. This is an elegant, stately old building, and there aren't many of those. Those elements should be highlighted, not glossed over to appeal to millennials. Sigh.

Last edited by James Luckard; Nov 27, 2020 at 7:16 pm
Old Nov 27, 2020, 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by James Luckard
Eesh, it's always a shame when they take an old dowager hotel like this and try to tart it up with some "trendy" decor and a "hip" name. This is an elegant, stately old building, and there aren't many of those. Those elements should be highlighted, not glossed over to appeal to millennials. Sigh.
Hat tip, James - agree with all your points. I'm happy with a decent renovation as the owners of this hotel clearly have been too cheap to give this building the love it deserves... but that name is just atrocious. I don't see any way to justify it; what a shame.

More importantly, I hope Le Méridien comes back to London very soon - it's a glaring hole in a portfolio of hotels centered around travel, and hopefully in a property that is better-suited to the brand. A takeover and rebranding would be the best option.

khabah
Old Dec 16, 2020, 6:20 am

The new website is live:

https://www.thedillylondon.com

and The Dilly (that’s a twee name for a deli pickle, never mind a hotel) will be operated as an independent:

https://www.traveldailymedia.com/his...-as-the-dilly/
Old Dec 16, 2020, 6:24 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
The Dilly!? OMG, what a lame/dumb name to choose. I mean, who comes up with s*** like this? Before long it will either re-brand to something half sensible or affiliate it's self with a major brand/chain. At least I hope so!
Old Dec 17, 2020, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Ugh, another one bites the dust.
I liked this property. They always gave me some nice upgrades (well, at least pre-merger). Haven't been there since the merger.
Old Dec 20, 2020, 3:32 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Feb1

I am seeing rates of 249 GBP starting from 1 Feb. I can't imagine they are full over the holiday so have either closed for the holiday - or - undertaking renos?
Old Dec 20, 2020, 6:30 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, IHG Spire, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by Antonio8069
I am seeing rates of 249 GBP starting from 1 Feb. I can't imagine they are full over the holiday so have either closed for the holiday - or - undertaking renos?
probably plus hospitality is effectively closed right now with Tier 4 in London. Leisure travel is only permitted in Tier 2 so unlikely to see much opening up until Feb/March
Old Jul 25, 2021, 8:16 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Tit, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, Carlson Gold, UA*S,
The former Meridien Hotel on London’s Piccadilly is now a buzzy new 5-star property with rooms from just £177 (a bargain for this location)

​​​​​​​https://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/escape/article-9775221/The-former-Meridien-Hotel-Londons-Piccadilly-buzzy-new-5-star-property-called-Dilly.html
Old Jul 25, 2021, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
It's a Dilly. So don't dally.

David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.