Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

[LEFT 26 Nov 2020] Le Meridien Piccadilly, London, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[LEFT 26 Nov 2020] Le Meridien Piccadilly, London, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2017, 4:26 pm

Programs: Bonvoy ambassador - lifetime plat / Hilton diamond / hyatt globalist / AA CK baby!
Originally Posted by UKTraveller4Fun
Did they argue against removing the charges or were they removed without issue? I would always check my bill at the end of the stay and while I agree it is frustrating they have charged for things they should not have (the wine and eclairs confuse me unless these charges should be seperated out to be paid for by Ambassador Program).

Generally if the hotel removed the charges without issue I wouldnt read to much into it and certainly not let it affect my opinion of the stay!
At first there was some skepticism when I said there should have been no charges on the room, but that went pretty quickly to 'let me remove all the charges'.

My problem is that MOST of the time all I hear at checkout is "would you like me to email the folio?" without an offer to see it at checkout. While I admit it's my bill so I SHOULD check it, its all too easy to not. I'd like to think I can just trust the hotel, but this incident makes me less likely to do so.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 4:30 pm

Programs: Bonvoy ambassador - lifetime plat / Hilton diamond / hyatt globalist / AA CK baby!
Originally Posted by porciuscato
it used to be that complimentary Plat breakfast is in the lounge only. Maybe they've reverted to that.
Most of the time they push you to the continental breakfast at the lounge in lieu of the full breakfast at the terrace. The continental breakfast comes with the lounge access you get automatically as a plat. The full breakfast is the plat welcome option, that or 500 strapoints. Normally I'm a starpoint junkie, but the full breakfast @ 28 pound per person, for 2 people, times 8 mornings (for this stay) - it's no wonder they are trying to push you to take the 500 points instead.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 12:19 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by stant
At first there was some skepticism when I said there should have been no charges on the room, but that went pretty quickly to 'let me remove all the charges'.

My problem is that MOST of the time all I hear at checkout is "would you like me to email the folio?" without an offer to see it at checkout. While I admit it's my bill so I SHOULD check it, its all too easy to not. I'd like to think I can just trust the hotel, but this incident makes me less likely to do so.
I have to say I would never trust the hotel, it is far to easy for someone to make a mistake and post a charge to the wrong room or even someone post a charge to your room who isnt you. There is also the possibility that a hotel does indeed try to charge things they shouldn't and see if they just don't get removed. If the hotel removed them without any real fuss then I personally wouldn't let it impact on my overall opinion of the stay. If you returned and the same thing happened again then certainly a word to a front desk manager pointing out that they clearly could do with some better training somewhere would be my action.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 11:45 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
Just checked out after three nights. Just as with Sheraton Grand Park Lane i was disapointing at first but just like with Sheraton, Le Méridien grew on me. The location of the hotel is really great. Less than 1min to the tube. Plenty of
​​​​​​convenience stores around and Tesco express down the road.
Didn't get any room upgrade so me and my gf were placed in what we booked. Classic room, very small but renovated. Floors were quirking so the building is very old. The classic room in Sheraton is much bigger and with a rain shower. Le Méridien Piccadilly classic room comes with a regular and to be frank boring shower with weak pressure.

Had to choose main breakfast or 500 points. We had access to the lounge. Chose the points.Regret this as we were disappointed with the breakfast. There was the main stuff but no sausage, hot stuff etc. Just yoghurt, bread, juice and coffee. Today on saturday i noticed a bottle of sparkling wine which was a nice touch.
Pool okay but felt a bit old. Good for a swim.

Well trained staff and nice staff overall at the reception and in the lounge makes me come back some time in the future. Sheraton park lane or Le Méridien Piccadilly? Go for the one with the best rate I'd say. Sheraton park lane felt a little bit better but I prefer the staff at Le Méridien Piccadilly. Next time I'll have the main breakfast and ignore the Welcome points.

Rate it with 3/5.
​​​​​​
Old Jul 7, 2018, 1:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Thanks for this. For me personally the Sheraton is several notches better. Better club. Better food and drink in the club. Better rooms. And nice to have a bar on the main level vs the one downstairs at the lm.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by joakgarp
Just checked out after three nights. Just as with Sheraton Grand Park Lane i was disapointing at first but just like with Sheraton, Le Méridien grew on me. The location of the hotel is really great. Less than 1min to the tube. Plenty of
​​​​​​convenience stores around and Tesco express down the road.
Didn't get any room upgrade so me and my gf were placed in what we booked. Classic room, very small but renovated. Floors were quirking so the building is very old. The classic room in Sheraton is much bigger and with a rain shower. Le Méridien Piccadilly classic room comes with a regular and to be frank boring shower with weak pressure.

Had to choose main breakfast or 500 points. We had access to the lounge. Chose the points.Regret this as we were disappointed with the breakfast. There was the main stuff but no sausage, hot stuff etc. Just yoghurt, bread, juice and coffee. Today on saturday i noticed a bottle of sparkling wine which was a nice touch.
Pool okay but felt a bit old. Good for a swim.

Well trained staff and nice staff overall at the reception and in the lounge makes me come back some time in the future. Sheraton park lane or Le Méridien Piccadilly? Go for the one with the best rate I'd say. Sheraton park lane felt a little bit better but I prefer the staff at Le Méridien Piccadilly. Next time I'll have the main breakfast and ignore the Welcome points.

Rate it with 3/5.
​​​​​​
fyi, as of a few months ago, renovations were ongoing. They will put platinum in a booked renovated room before they will put you in an upgraded non renovated room. You have to ask for the upgrade. And if you won't mind somewhat weary 1000 sq ft of 2+ room overlooking regent street, GO FOR THE UPGRADE...
Old Jul 8, 2018, 3:44 am

Originally Posted by stant
fyi, as of a few months ago, renovations were ongoing. They will put platinum in a booked renovated room before they will put you in an upgraded non renovated room. You have to ask for the upgrade. And if you won't mind somewhat weary 1000 sq ft of 2+ room overlooking regent street, GO FOR THE UPGRADE...
That makes sense as the spg app said it was fully booked on some of our days but it didn't feel like it in the lounge, lobby etc. Once they renovate up all of their rooms i can imagine it will be excellent with good platinum recognition.
​​​​​​
Old Mar 19, 2019, 10:37 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
We needed two nights in London at very short notice last week. We used points to stay at this property and would not go there again. Our room, allegedly a "luxury" room and therefore an upgrade, was tired and outdated. The bed was comfortable and the room was fairly large for London, but the furniture was old and chipped and the floor creaked. There was nothing "chic", luxurious or four star about the place.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 11:45 am

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by IMH
We needed two nights in London at very short notice last week. We used points to stay at this property and would not go there again. Our room, allegedly a "luxury" room and therefore an upgrade, was tired and outdated. The bed was comfortable and the room was fairly large for London, but the furniture was old and chipped and the floor creaked. There was nothing "chic", luxurious or four star about the place.
Thank you for this as was considering this place for next month! explains the cheap rates for central london!!
Old Mar 20, 2019, 3:00 am
tyn

We stayed a month ago in two adjoining rooms. Front desk staff (who btw were really great) told us our rooms had been recently renovated and they did feel new and very nice. Granted, they could have changed the aircon controls while they were at it, those looked oldish.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 3:51 am

The building of Le Meridien Piccadilly is beautiful and so is the lobby and the lounge is pretty good too, maybe a bit small but it works. The restaurant is said to be excellent if you choice to have your main breakfast there instead of in the lounge. But the rooms who are renovated needs a lot to be desired. The floors make noises and the regular rooms, if you are not upgraded, are small. The location is excellent however so you can walk anywhere you want if you stay here.
Been staying at both the Sheraton Park Lane and Le Meridien and I'd choice Sheraton for my next time. Le Meridien needs to do a lot better in their future renovations if they want to be on pair with other properties.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 10:11 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
This hotel is getting real long in the tooth, 4 stars for this property is generous at best and probably dependent on its proximity to Piccadilly and SoHo.

As a Titanium, was upgraded to a junior suite right next to the service door. Had an employee "accidentally" enter my room at 1230 AM (they meant to enter the service door), which was a very rude surprise.

Breakfast in the lounge was pretty meh, so found myself going to cafe's in SoHo.

Overall, I'd avoid this property and stay elsewhere.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 10:26 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime PE, AC Altitude SE100K-1MM
Originally Posted by MonThruThurs
This hotel is getting real long in the tooth, 4 stars for this property is generous at best and probably dependent on its proximity to Piccadilly and SoHo....
Overall, I'd avoid this property and stay elsewhere.
Absolutely agree. This property used to be my go-to for my 2-3x yearly London business trips. I used to be upgraded to suites regularly, but over the last 2 years, I'd not gotten any room upgrades or worse, early check-ins.

In fact, last fall, when I arrived around 1130am, my room was not ready but the front desk agent indicated he would expedite with housekeeping. I was told to enjoy lunch in the lounge and that he would come up to give me my room key when the room is ready. Two and a half hours later (I had taken a red-eye so totally lost track of time because I was dozy), there was still no key, and I went downstairs seeking a status update. I had been totally forgotten! I was then given a key to my NON-upgraded room.

This Feb trip to London, I stayed at the Marriott Grosvenor Square, and had a better experience.
Old May 23, 2019, 8:46 pm

Planning are picking this place or the Renaissance St Pancras next month for a week. Wanted to see and confirm if Titaniums can still access the lounge AND choose as an amenity to have breakfast in the restaurant? And how is the lounge as far as afternoon and evening offerings? For rooms, should one reach out early on to get a renovated room? Rates are the same at a hefty 350gbp per night, similar to the Renaissance.
Old May 24, 2019, 6:21 am

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by myperks
Planning are picking this place or the Renaissance St Pancras next month for a week. Wanted to see and confirm if Titaniums can still access the lounge AND choose as an amenity to have breakfast in the restaurant? And how is the lounge as far as afternoon and evening offerings? For rooms, should one reach out early on to get a renovated room? Rates are the same at a hefty 350gbp per night, similar to the Renaissance.
I like LM Piccadilly, though I seem to be in the minority on this board; stay here 2-3 times per year. Never had a problem getting lounge access. Breakfast in the restaurant has always been included in my room rate, so can't say whether it's an additional amenity. Lounge offerings are relatively sparse but functional. I've gotten a renovated room the last two times there, but that may be preferential treatment as I host a major event at the hotel annually. Non-renovated rooms can be hit or miss.

As others, have noted, it's a great location and the tube station is very accessible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.