Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Bangalore, India [Master Thread]

Le Meridien Bangalore, India [Master Thread]

Old May 14, 2018, 12:14 pm

Programs: Marriott LTS
Originally Posted by Zurich35
Stayed at the hotel in March 2018 for two nights. I had planned to stay another five nights the following week but ended up cancelling and staying next doors at the ITC Windsor.
Prices are usually quite low around 100 EURO per night. Easy to get a BRG.
Hotel is dated and despite having renovated extensively it felt like these were only superficial changes with a coat of paint and new carpets.
They tried to undo the original interior over the top stonework with the signature colors, everything is kept in black, white an red.
The hotel was built decades ago and there is little you can do about the size of the rooms and bathrooms.

I used Uber to get from and to the office so I cannot comment on the car service the hotel provides. From the airport my office organized the transfer, so also no idea how that service rates.

I arrived as most international flights arrive after midnight at around 3 AM at the hotel. Everything went pretty fast, I was the only one checking in.
Room was okay but AC did not work. Despite setting the temperature at 22° it never went down to that, the AC simply did not cool down the room.
Next morning I skipped breakfast. I did not feel like eating after having found a cockroach on the pillow next to me in bed.

I mentioned the issues about the room when leaving for the day and in the evening a new room (suite) was waiting for me.
Again AC could not cool down the room, the technician came and duty manager came was well. No change.
Next morning breakfast was not great either. Asked for a herbal tea, did not have any, I was presented with green tea instead.
After I said that it is not herbal the restaurant manager presented me jasmine tea, telling me it is herbal tea.
Since there was no tea, I asked for bottled water which is not included in the breakfast, you can enjoy it at an extra charge.
I checked out that morning and did not come back.

The Assistant Manager did reach out to me via email asking for another chance and explained to me my feedback was a teachable moment and it will help them in future.
Googled the guy's name and the sentence and found it to be copied into every apologetic reply on TripAdvisor.
I also stayed here last month on a 1 night stay as the C+P rate was very good. Was upgraded to an executive suite as a plat member but I agree that the hotel is kind of worn out. The AC also did not work well. Did not have the BF, so cannot comment on that. Try the JW its outstanding - their BF spread is second to none and their lounge too.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 7:27 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Le Méridien Bangalore will close later this year and be torn down to make room for an office development. No timeline given yet, but more details should come out soon. More here: https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/68278948.cms

khabah
Old Mar 16, 2019, 8:38 am

Programs: Aegean Gold, United Mileage Plus Silver, Privilege Club Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium Elite (LTP)
Originally Posted by khabah
Le Méridien Bangalore will close later this year and be torn down to make room for an office development. No timeline given yet, but more details should come out soon. More here: https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/68278948.cms

khabah
No loss. I wonder though if Marriott wants to build/contract another Le Meridien branded hotel in Bangalore.
They recently (less than a year ago) opened the Renaissance Race Course which is just down the road from the Le Meridien.
They could do so in Whitefield or Electronic city if they gear it towards business travelers only.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 8:03 am
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Just completed a one night stay at the hotel, its closing end of October. It is a dated property and the location would be missed. Going to be converted to another office block/complex. As a titanium had breakfast and lounge included. I wouldnt have stayed here if not for a event nearby.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.