Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Méridien Etoile, Paris, France [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 4, 2015, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]

Hat tip to TerryK for letting us know exec lounge open. "It is open. Not so impressive lounge with standard continental breakfast. Evening spread is wine and cheese only."
Print Wikipost

Le Méridien Etoile, Paris, France [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2015, 1:20 pm

Programs: BA Gold; AA Lfe Time PLT ; Marriott Titanium, LFT GLD
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Too bad! Now I'm crushed.
Shaken but not stirred I hope?
Old Jul 25, 2015, 11:39 pm

Programs: Kris Flyer
Originally Posted by Yul_voyager
If you booked an executive room, you will not have any further upgrade. Above executive room are junior suites and even for Plat you have close to zero change to get one (without SNA)
Thanks. Will try my luck on the day of check in or maybe ask for breakfast vouchers
Old Jul 30, 2015, 6:10 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Titanium; UA Silver
Stayed at Le Meridien Etoile in July for five nights. We were upgraded to a suite facing Boulevard Gouvion-Saint-Cyr across from the mall. Street noise was noticeable during the day but not too annoying. Quieted down at night and did not interrupt our sleep. We were at the end of the hotel closest to Porte Mailot and did not hear any night club noise at night even on the weekend, contrary to what we read in earlier blog posts. Buffet breakfast was good but crowded especially when Viking River tour cruises were staying at the hotel. Hotel, while not spanking new, did not appear to be worn or un-maintained. Coffee coupons were a nice touch as we could get great cappachinos at the bar from 10:30 am to 6:00 pm. Great location next to #1 Metro Line, ATM's in the mall across the street, and even a "boutique" SNCF train ticket office at the Porte Malliot station from which we could buy our train tickets to Chartres. We enjoyed the service and the staff that we interacted with at the Front Desk or Business Office or on the Guest Services telephone line all spoke excellent English. Concierge was helpful.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 7:41 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Titanium; UA Silver
Follow-up to my post. Forgot to mention that received upgrade to a suite by using our Suite Night Awards. Had the impression that we would not have been upgraded to a suite if we had not submitted our Suite Night Awards.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 2:21 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Silver, HH SILVER, Bonvoy PLAT, A/club PLAT, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by flyalotlm
Follow-up to my post. Forgot to mention that received upgrade to a suite by using our Suite Night Awards. Had the impression that we would not have been upgraded to a suite if we had not submitted our Suite Night Awards.
You are absolutely right !

18 stays in 3 years / 0 upgrade to a suite
Old Jul 31, 2015, 3:04 pm

Programs: marriott platinum, intercontinental diamond
Originally Posted by geilux
You are absolutely right !

18 stays in 3 years / 0 upgrade to a suite
I was lucky. One stay / one upgrade. Looks like they prefer to reward new visitors instead of loyal customers.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
As I'm sure has been stated somewhere in the last 400 odd posts, there are few suites at this property and the last time I was in one it wasn't renovated to the level of the executive rooms. Be happy with an Exec room and your free stay or your earned Starpoints. There's no other reason to stay at this hotel unless you are attending a conference here or across the street at the Hyatt.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 8:14 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by avja
I was lucky. One stay / one upgrade. Looks like they prefer to reward new visitors instead of loyal customers.
I don't think so. I think they will upgrade Plat in junior suites if there is one available after filling every suite booking and SNA, but it just don't happen often.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 9:53 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
This hotel seems to say it's under construction. Has anyone stayed recently and noticed noise? I understand many facilities are closed as well.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 11:56 pm

My small issue with this hotel was with the illy coffee vouchers (which you sometimes get a few when you check-in). When trying to use this at their café (which is almost always quite bustling) the waitstaff tend to make you feel like you’re a nuisance, that somehow you’re not a “real customer”. I’ve had times when they didn’t even clean the table properly before finally serving it – simply and tersely putting the cups on top of sandwich crumbs that the previous diner had left. Oh and no napkins, water etc either like everybody else. Quite a notable difference btw when you return for a glass of cocktail or a quick meal (paid) later in the day where you are treated like a “real guest”.

Didn’t feel good, although not a big enough issue to sway your decision on whether you should stay here.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 2:21 pm

Programs: Starwood PLATINUM, BA GOLD, KrisFlyer Blue, GFF Silver, BATS After Work Club, Emirates Silver
Recently stayed for 2 nights (August) with family:

GOOD:
- free illy coffee, good benefit, no problems with waiters
- good location, nice local shops nearby, near metro
- friendly staff
- quick check in / out
- fish and chips was very good

BAD:
- upgraded to executive but the room was tiny
- no water provided (they did bring some when asked)
- no kettle (had to call room service twice per day to bring up a thermos of hot water)
- has one of those hyper sensitive minibars that adds things to your bill even if have just moved them, you have to then get them deleted again
- walls scratched in corridors
- 5 euro additional charge for each room service order

Overall, it was fine and price was OK.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by john11111111111
BAD:
- upgraded to executive but the room was tiny
- no water provided (they did bring some when asked)
- no kettle (had to call room service twice per day to bring up a thermos of hot water)
- has one of those hyper sensitive minibars that adds things to your bill even if have just moved them, you have to then get them deleted again
- walls scratched in corridors
- 5 euro additional charge for each room service order

Overall, it was fine and price was OK.
Thanks for the report, but I would say none of your "bad" notes are really that bad. As stated many times above there are few suites here so all you should expect is an executive room. And as this is Paris they aren't very large. Yes they should have had water there waiting for you, but at least they corrected it. And they other items are normal for a 4 star in Paris even if you don't like it. It is what it is and as you say, overall it is fine.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I'll be there at the end of Sept. I've used 2 SNAs. Is that a waste? I could use them at Moana Surfrider which usually gets me a pretty nice room.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by margarita girl
I'll be there at the end of Sept. I've used 2 SNAs. Is that a waste? I could use them at Moana Surfrider which usually gets me a pretty nice room.
I would definitely say it is a waste. Unless you have a family of four, an executive room is just fine. The suites are not great by any means other than space.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Thanks. Glad I asked. I've never been that impressed with the rooms at LM Etoile which is why I thought I would try an SNA.

However, at the Moana Surfrider, I almost always get a nice suite which is a huge upgrade from a regular room, with my SNAs. So that's where they will go!

Last edited by margarita girl; Sep 4, 2015 at 3:47 pm Reason: typo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.