Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Méridien Etoile, Paris, France [Master Thread]

Old Sep 4, 2015, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]

Hat tip to TerryK for letting us know exec lounge open. "It is open. Not so impressive lounge with standard continental breakfast. Evening spread is wine and cheese only."
Print Wikipost

Le Méridien Etoile, Paris, France [Master Thread]

Old Sep 16, 2009, 7:14 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by lerasp
just stayed there 2 weeks ago and got upgraded to a renovated suite. it was great! it was on 6th floor. they also have free computers with internet on 6th and 7th fl by the elevators. just ask front desk for password for the duration of your stay. we also managed to get free breakfast at the upscale restaurant (forget what it's called, but it's not the main buffet). so, it's still under discretion of manager.
How did you managed to get the manager to approve for your free breakfast? And was it for one night or for your entire stay?
Old Mar 16, 2010, 3:11 pm

Programs: United GS, Starwood Platinum
any recent stays was going to burn some SPG points , the Westin is 2/3 more points and the reviews of the meridien montparnasse seem less than stellar, would love some recent opinions on where to stay in Paris
Old Mar 16, 2010, 3:22 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA-1P AB-Gold SPG-Plat Hilton-DIA Hyatt-DIA PC-Gold MR-Plat Hertz-PC
Will be here on April 10th will report back then. Would love to hear some recent reviews as well tough
Old Mar 16, 2010, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
If you are just going to hang out in Paris, it really doesn't matter. Both LM's are equi-distant from the center, both are across from the AF Bus stop, and both have easy Metro access. Unless you plan to spend all your time in the hotel, there really isn't much difference.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 7:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by lehms
any recent stays was going to burn some SPG points , the Westin is 2/3 more points and the reviews of the meridien montparnasse seem less than stellar, would love some recent opinions on where to stay in Paris
These 3 Starwood properties are different from each other.

LM Etoile is nice and convenient, and in a nice quartier.

Westin Paris is a bit nicer and the location cannot be beat.

I have not had any experience at LM Montparnasse, so cannot comment.

As someone who comes to Paris regularly, I prefer LM Etoile since it gives me everything that I want at a fair price (either in points or in cash), but I would stay at the Westin in a heartbeat.

If we are cost conscious, LM Etoile will serve you well.

Last edited by sapguy; Mar 16, 2010 at 7:55 pm
Old Mar 16, 2010, 9:08 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
LM Etoile is in a nicer location, but rooms tend to be smaller and a bit nicer appointed. I've not been upgraded to any suites at LM Etoile over 5-6 years of staying once a year.

LM Montparnasse has more suites, and I have been upgraded to a 2-room suite or larger renovated room 4 out of 5 times over the same period.

Either choice would be fine.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 9:41 pm

Programs: UA MMGold, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat
I stayed at both LM Etoile and Westin back in January. Had stayed at LM Etoile before, first time back after the updates. Missed the lounge but everything else was fine. Did not get suite upgrade this time but was given a corner room which is slightly larger, the updated room is modern and well appointed (no more separate small room for toilet). The duty manager came out to welcome me back and appreciate my business, nice touch. The surrounding area is convenient enough for me, AF bus drop off is right across street, the metro station and PER station are very close by. Some restaurants in walking distance and a grocery store in building cross street.

Prefer the location of Westin, pretty much in walking distance for everywhere I wanted to be for the trip. Room I had there was very comfortable. Every staff I encountered were very helpful, excellent concierges.

Never stayed at Prince de Galles and LM Montparnasse. Location of PdG is good. LM Montparnasse is further down, probably another 20 more minutes for AF bus ride than LM Etoile so always felt too tire to get there after long flights.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 2:01 am

Programs: LH M/M now,BA Silver,SPG PLAT, Sixt Plat/Europcar Elite VIP
Originally Posted by thomas199023
Will be here on April 10th will report back then. Would love to hear some recent reviews as well tough
Make sure you don't get a room facing the street during a Saturday night, as the nightclub opposite can be rather loud at 4am in the morning!

Personally the service at Etoile is terrible, the Montpartnasse has a much better service for Platinum guest. You get a proper phone call from the manager and everything works. @Etoile, they really on snobby staffs who aren't even trained to help properly
Old Mar 22, 2010, 3:50 am

Programs: LH Sen, Starwood Amb, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by wma
Heading over on April Fools day for 5 days. The Etoile was significantly less money than any other SPG Property and I've had good luck with Le Meridien in Shanghai. Now (tomorrow actually) that's it part of SPG I hope to be upgraded. Has anyone stayed there? What should I expect?
Expect to be disappointed. The Westin and PdG are not stellar properties but certainly of a better standard than the LeM Etoile. You may wish to consider a non-SPG property for your stay. Tripadvisor can direct you to a few gems!
Old Mar 23, 2010, 2:48 am

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
Originally Posted by Sphinx
Expect to be disappointed. The Westin and PdG are not stellar properties but certainly of a better standard than the LeM Etoile. You may wish to consider a non-SPG property for your stay. Tripadvisor can direct you to a few gems!
I only want to compare apples to apples even though I have stayed at the LM Etoile, but comparing so called high end properties within programs, the Park Hyatt Paris Vendome puts the PDG to shame.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 2:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by kluau88
I only want to compare apples to apples even though I have stayed at the LM Etoile, but comparing so called high end properties within programs, the Park Hyatt Paris Vendome puts the PDG to shame.
The PDG opened in 1928. The PH is less than 10 years old, right? How would you expect them to compare? And the PH Paris is Hyatt's top property in all of Europe. Whereas Starwood has dozens and dozens of Luxury properties around Europe.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 3:28 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Club Carlson Concierge, Hilton Honors Gold, Air Berlin Gold, Lufthansa FT
LM Etoile really dissappoints me....let's wrap up:

Positive:
  • Modern rooms, some nice extras like the TV or glass wall to bathroom
  • Hotel has a jazz club (for me volume is too loud, but I guess many people like that stuff)
  • Location is very central and good to get to

Negative:
  • no club lounge
  • no spa
  • fitness center outside the hotel
  • pretty small rooms
  • no extra plat amenity besides the check-in (as, e.g. in LM Piccadilly / London)
  • 8 Euros a Coke - I repeat: 8 Euros....

That sums up to a non-pleasant experience for me. I think it all comes down to bad platinum recognition - which again is very much the opposite in other hotels I've been to, whether it is LM or Westin...
Old Apr 14, 2010, 5:33 am

Spotted a nice LM Etoile rate today from Travelzoo UK:

- Deluxe renovated (floors 4-5) €112
- Executive €152

Rates widely available until Aug 31st, some blackout dates apply.
Book by April 28
Promotion code TZOOUK

This books through starwoodhotels.com, so SPG points and stay credit will apply.

http://uk.hotels.travelzoo.com/europ...um=email_top20
Old Apr 14, 2010, 9:49 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA-1P AB-Gold SPG-Plat Hilton-DIA Hyatt-DIA PC-Gold MR-Plat Hertz-PC
Stayed here for two nights. We had two rooms which were both upgraded to a new executive room. I had bad expectations about the hotel from all the negative posts in this thread but I can't understand why you all don't like this hotel. I loved it!

Yes the rooms are a bit small, but nicely refurbished and used smart. The walk-in rain shower was pretty good as well! They had a separate reception desk for Platinum and Gold members. Check-in took a bit but we were nicely helped.

The bed was firm but very comfortable. I especially liked the Jazzclub. It appears that people have to make reservations for it but saying that you're a hotel guest will let you in. Drinks were pretty expensive tough. 12 euro for half a liter of beer . But the music was great. Looking at the program they have a band every night and there were some pretty good ones here this weekend. (Monster Mike Welch & Nico Wayne Toussaint)

Here are some pictures from my stay.

Le Meridien
Le Meridien 2

Elite reception
Check in desk
Reception area

Lobby
Lobby 2
Bar and Jazz club

Room
Hall
Bed
TV/ART thing

Walk in shower
Toilet

Last edited by thomas199023; Apr 14, 2010 at 9:58 am
Old Apr 14, 2010, 1:21 pm

I stayed at this hotel about a month ago and was pleasantly surprised. Now it has been ages since I've been back to Paris and had never stayed at any of the other Starwood properties. FT and price dictated my stay at Le Meridien Etoile.

At the Preferred checkin desk, a lovely young lady (Hannah) checked me in and when I inquired about any Platinum upgrade, she asked me to wait and went to the back room. After waiting about 15 minutes for her return, she apologized and informed me that the room I was assigned to (new Executive room) was the maximum upgrade available. I believe she did find a suite or better room and checked with management who squashed that idea. Any way, I really did appreciate that she made the effort in my eyes and I was well aware from FT that upgrades here are pretty hard to come by.

The new Executive room may be a bit small but comfortable and Thomas' pictures should provide a good feel for the room. As for the hotel, it was important for me to near the metro as anyone knows that one can go anywhere in Paris by metro and it is simply down the block. The Arc de Triomphe is a 10 minute walk (roughly 6-8 city blocks). The Air France bus which stops right in front of the hotel was extremely convenient. I would definitely consider returning to this hotel.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.