Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Amsterdam Renaissance (Netherlands) [Master Thread]

Amsterdam Renaissance (Netherlands) [Master Thread]

Hide Wikipost
Old Jul 7, 19, 5:45 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: margarita girl
Wiki Link
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Old Jan 19, 15, 10:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the update. Wonder why they don't do brekkie in the lounge on weekends.

Cheers.
Old Aug 21, 15, 1:33 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat., SPG Plat.
I just booked two rooms @ this hotel, both twin rooms, never stayed @ this property but been to AMS many times. How likely am I to get one room upgraded to an executive suite as a platinum member, if available.

Also, as read above, the lounge is closed on weekends, but they provide breakfast vouchers? Thanks in advance!
Old Aug 21, 15, 3:22 pm

Programs: UA Plat; *A Gold; Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by WesTraveller View Post
I just booked two rooms @ this hotel, both twin rooms, never stayed @ this property but been to AMS many times. How likely am I to get one room upgraded to an executive suite as a platinum member, if available.

Also, as read above, the lounge is closed on weekends, but they provide breakfast vouchers? Thanks in advance!
Wes - I can't speak to the upgrade question, but regarding breakfast, they allow Club-eligible guests to have breakfast in the restaurant on the ground floor. It's a buffet and is much more extensive than in the Club lounge M-F.

When I was there last summer it was also quite crowded but may be different depending on when you'll be there. I don't recall if there was a voucher involved or if they just checked your room number, but I don't recall any problems.
Old Aug 24, 15, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by Brucemcdou View Post
Wes - I can't speak to the upgrade question, but regarding breakfast, they allow Club-eligible guests to have breakfast in the restaurant on the ground floor. It's a buffet and is much more extensive than in the Club lounge M-F.

When I was there last summer it was also quite crowded but may be different depending on when you'll be there. I don't recall if there was a voucher involved or if they just checked your room number, but I don't recall any problems.
Bruce, thanks for the information. We plan on being there in November during a weekend, so hopefully it won't be too busy in the mornings.

Does anyone know if the hotel is strict about seeing corporate IDs? I saw a message that they seem to check IDs, but that seems to be a while ago.
Old Aug 27, 15, 6:13 am

Programs: UA GS; Marriott Plat; IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by WesTraveller View Post
I have spent a fair amount of time at this property, and while I was never upgraded to an exec suite, I would ask the manager. The staff was generally friendly and helpful.
Old Aug 27, 15, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by LatinAmericaFlyer View Post
I have spent a fair amount of time at this property, and while I was never upgraded to an exec suite, I would ask the manager. The staff was generally friendly and helpful.
Thanks, I will make sure to ask.

Do you or anyone know if they require identification for using a corporate rate?
Old Oct 31, 17, 3:38 am

Programs: Continental OnePass
Staying at the Renaissance Amsterdam in a few weeks.

If I take the train from the airport to Central Station it looks like a short easy walk to the hotel.

My concern is my flight out of AMS is at 7:30am, which means I would have to catch a train at about 5am. Is it an okay walk from the hotel to the train station at this time, or would it be advisable to take a taxi to the train station? (I refuse to pay a fortune for a taxi all the way to the airport).
Old Oct 31, 17, 4:43 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by swiftaw View Post

If I take the train from the airport to Central Station it looks like a short easy walk to the hotel.

My concern is my flight out of AMS is at 7:30am, which means I would have to catch a train at about 5am. Is it an okay walk from the hotel to the train station at this time, or would it be advisable to take a taxi to the train station? (I refuse to pay a fortune for a taxi all the way to the airport).
Yes, there should not be any problem walking the streets of Amsterdam at this time. There might be a few drunk people around, but that should not be an issue if you just mind your own business.
I would not bother to get a taxi just to the station (I even doubt if any taxi would want to take you for that short ride).

Though I would say if it is just a one night stay, I would just stay at one of the airport hotels and train it up and down to Amsterdam if you want to visit.

Cheers!
Old Oct 31, 17, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by swiftaw View Post

You'll be fine walking to the train station. Most late night partiers are already headed to bed & you'll have the folk who have early working hours headed to work. Also, you're so close to the train station you won't find a cab to take you.

Cheers.
Old Jun 5, 18, 12:27 am
Formerly known as Stephenk19

Programs: Free Agent
Wife and I stayed at the Renaissance for one night in mid May of this year (a quick trip to see the Tulips )

We had stayed at the Marriott several years ago, but decided this time on the Renaissance as it was a bit clsoer to the main train station.We burned points for the room as the price was pretty high for our night in question (close to 350 euros).

Overall the hotel is nice, the location might be the biggest plus I would give it. The rooms are so-so and a bit dated, but this did not detract much from the experience. Only annoyance was the shower - I needed to crouch in it to get the water flow (I am six foot). I think someone closer to 6'2 or 6'3 would have had to crouch to not hit the bathroom ceiling.

Lounge was nice, if a bit crowded at the beginning. However a very large variety of items was offered. For breakfast they let us eat in the restaurant as the lounge does not serve breakfast on the weekends (we stayed a Saturday night). Restaurant was good but nothing to write home about.

Some pictures from our stay: https://www.thetravelingexpats.com/r...nce-amsterdam/
Thunderroad likes this.
Old Oct 10, 18, 3:20 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Stayed at this property last month over the weekend. The rooms are in good shape and were rather large. The location is pretty good, getting there from the central station is pretty easy. Elite recognition was OKish, no room upgrade, no mention of their lounge at checkin. The lounge spread was OK, only saw the afternoon/evening offerings and didn't partake for the breakfast as I had a meeting to run to and a flight to catch. The lounge was rather crowded in the evenings and with rising alcohol levels of inmates it got rather loud.

The layout of the hotel is rather dysfuntional with lots of stairs and corridors. The overall feel is that they are trying their best to work with what Ramada handed them

PS: corporate rates are not verified or checked, you can even check in via the app and get the room key directly on the smartphone.
itsaboutthejourney likes this.
Old Mar 8, 19, 1:33 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, IHG/SPG/MR Plat, HH Gold, UA Silver, EK Kettle, AA Hater
Renaissance Amsterdam

Any recent experiences?

Lounge? Breakfast?

Upgrades?

Plat member staying on points.

Thanks
Old Mar 9, 19, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & 2MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt, AA, HH Gold, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by dilbertsdaddy View Post
Any recent experiences?

Lounge? Breakfast?

Upgrades?

Thanks
oliver2002's update was very similar to my experience in December. My booked rate/room type supposedly included unlimited products (turned out to be gross Pepsi) from the minibar and an Illy espresso machine in the room + "luxury bathroom amenities". It had none of that, nor did my Ambassador status affect any kind of welcome note or amenity.

During busy times they staff an Elite Desk which is to the left of the main desk, down about 4 steps so not exactly visible as you enter. If there are long lines, look for that, as they seemed to be more efficient.
Old Mar 9, 19, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by dilbertsdaddy View Post
Any recent experiences?

Lounge? Breakfast?

Upgrades?

Thanks
titanium member currently staying here.

no upgrade
lounge has beverages and coffee. They also serve snacks at 3pm. wine for happy hour between 5-6pm IIRC.

breakfast is served downstairs at the restaurant (gets quite busy). Has an omelette station.

not really impressed to be honest
Old Mar 9, 19, 8:27 pm

I prefer the AMS Marriott. Great staff, especially the lounge staff. Happy hour (for alcohol) was basically the entire evening. Good breakfast spread. They're good about upgrading elites or most of the time (during a convention it's hard to upgrade everyone). See the AMS Marriott thread for more info. I keep saying I should try the Ren, but it's always gotten mixed reviews & I've been very happy w/ the Marriott so haven't strayed.

Cheers.
JoeWoodstock likes this.

Search this Thread