Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

[GONE] Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco (rebranded to RIU) [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[GONE] Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco (rebranded to RIU) [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2019, 9:47 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by CatchFlightsNotFeelings
What did your notice say? And were you offerred other options? Please elaborate.
I was told by Marriott customer Service about the ownership change. the letter detailed that the new owners would honor existing reservations.They also stated that I would not receive any Bonvoy benefits and that you could not use Marriott gift cards.

I was not offered alternative lodging arrangements.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 10:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by andrewstahl
I was told by Marriott customer Service about the ownership change. the letter detailed that the new owners would honor existing reservations.They also stated that I would not receive any Bonvoy benefits and that you could not use Marriott gift cards.

I was not offered alternative lodging arrangements.
Did you ask Marriott for alternative lodging arrangements?
Old Nov 15, 2019, 5:36 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Originally Posted by SacTownGuy
Yes, really.
Pretty harsh
Old Nov 15, 2019, 8:51 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Did you ask Marriott for alternative lodging arrangements?
I checked with my Ambassador but didn’t expect that she could get me alternative arrangements in the city. My stay is during Dreamforce. There might be rooms out by the airport or in Oakland but I really don’t want to commute in.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 9:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Amb Elite & LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SacTownGuy
I stayed there and place was a DUMP. Only thing good about it was the firepits out front along the driveway were relatively nice to sit at. However, you have to knock the homeless off with a stick around there.
Nice. I was there last summer After night one they moved me to an upgraded room. Mid day of day 2, I opened my door and they were ripping apart all the rooms, they had moved me to a location that was being renovated that week.

So we had to move a 3rd time. Pretty ticked off as I was at a conference at the hotel and now had to deal with this. Made them pay. Wound up with a Suite, 50k SPG points (i.e. 150k in Marriott land) and a $200 visa gift card.

This was in the top 5 all-time worst stays (and I'm lifetime Titanium so I've stayed at a few places).
Old Nov 16, 2019, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by Out of my Element
Pretty harsh
I am not sure what's so harsh. Just reporting the reality from my stay there.

This was 5 years so maybe it got better but my recollections:

First night we had a second floor room, end of hall, immediately above a dumpster. I have been plat/tit for 11 years so I was at that time. Nice treatment! Loved the 6:00 am wake up call by the trash truck! Lol.

Second night we were moved to a better room (anything would be) but the hotel was just weird. Small lobby with low ceiling is my recollection. Weird area, on second floor, that connects the hotel. Sort of looks like two buildings put together by sloppy connector.

Gym had no windows if I recall - and was dark.

Driveway to valet is long and narrow and gets over-crowded very quickly. I believe it was totally stopped up by traffic if I recall.

Like I said the firepits are nice as they have a few seats next to each one but they are along the driveway area so it's sort of odd.

Fisherman's Wharf area can be fun with the kids but the homeless people are just everywhere. In the old days they were mainly around Union Square and south of Market. Now the whole city is over-run. It's sad. Not sure what can be done about it but it's sad.

So, hotel sucks (or at least sucked 5 years ago) and city is not what it once was in my opinion. Sad.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 4:07 pm

"this hotel sucks because they have homeless people nearby, unlike every other hotel in san francisco"
Old Nov 18, 2019, 5:20 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Thanks, Will. And the "knocking them off with a stick" throwaway line.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.