Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Signature card [2017 and earlier]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 13, 2015, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
What are the current offers?
Is there a business version of this card?
Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
Once I meet the card's initial spending requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?
If I cancel my card after the annual free-night cert has posted, will I lose the cert?

See concurrent discussion in the wikis at
Marriott Credit Card Offers & Associated Benefits (2016) and
Chase Free Night Certificate
Print Wikipost

Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Signature card [2017 and earlier]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2006, 1:30 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Platinum, National Executive Elite
Chase figured it out, I called again today and talked to the Signature line and the lady said sure I can upgrade your card, just a minute. Two minutes in all and she said it will be processed in the next day or two.
Old Mar 3, 2006, 8:43 pm

Programs: AA - Exec Plat, Marriott Platinum Premiere; Lifetime Platinum;
Originally Posted by Michigan Czar
Chase figured it out, I called again today and talked to the Signature line and the lady said sure I can upgrade your card, just a minute. Two minutes in all and she said it will be processed in the next day or two.
What tel # did you use? Were you charged the $65 annual fee?
Old Mar 3, 2006, 10:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
And did you get all of the enrollment goodies?
Old Mar 4, 2006, 7:38 am

I used the number on the back of my current Marriott Visa 1-800-338-5960.

I was told I would receive the sign up incentives by the customer service rep.
Old Mar 5, 2006, 12:28 am

Programs: Delta, Hertz, Hilton, Marriott
delete

Last edited by tmorse6570; Sep 15, 2007 at 8:14 am
Old Mar 5, 2006, 5:43 am

I called the number on the back of my current Marriott Rewards VISA Signature card and the CSR said to wait until I received the bill for the renewal (which would be later this month) and call again then and they'd "convert" my card to the Premier and I'd get the enhanced benefits.

He added that I'd have to pay the increased annual fee ($65 instead of $30), but I mentioned that one gets the "free night" certificate annually with the new card and that should easily be worth the additional $35, and he allowed as how it probably would be.

Now I'm wondering, though, whether I ought to call back and get someone else and ask about whether the conversion could be made now, just in case the promotion is terminated . . . .
Old Mar 5, 2006, 6:22 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond,
I converted yesterday over the phone using the Chase number on the back of my current card. The rep was extrememly nice and helpful, but was not aware of the card until I asked, although she was immediately able to bring it up. I didn't have to wait until my annual renewal (nor would I want to since I'm cuurently averaging 10 nights a month.) Even with a conversion she said I will get a new number (because it is a different product). Thus, I was concerned about some future guaranteed reservations and a couple of automatic bill pay set-ups with the old number. She assurred me the old number will remain in effect for a period of time even after the new number arrives. Both will be connected to the same account and will give me time to transfer my reservations/bill pays to the new number.
Old Mar 5, 2006, 12:22 pm

I received an email today already with the award certificate for the free night. I logged on Marriott and I see it under my account activity as well. I didn't want to wait because I have a couple Marriott stays the end of March where the bill will be around 1K and I wanted the extra points.
Old Mar 5, 2006, 12:28 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Platinum, 2MM since 1981, MAR Lifetime Plat, IHG Plat Amb. Global Entry
where are the certs

Hey Czar,

I recieved my email also with my free night, but where do I see it in my account?

Probably right in front of my nose but all I see are the points and nights stayed.

mike
Old Mar 5, 2006, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by Platcomike
Hey Czar,

I recieved my email also with my free night, but where do I see it in my account?

mike
Mike, Go to the account activity page, scroll down below the hotel stay details where it says rewards requested. In blue you will see view a list of all currently ordered certificates, click on it. You will see it, it will appear in the details as ordered in a day or two, there always is a slight delay.
Old Mar 5, 2006, 3:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
Exclamation

I used the number on the back of my current Marriott Visa 1-800-338-5960.

I was told I would receive the sign up incentives by the customer service rep.
I just tried to convert my existing Marriott Visa and was told by the CSR that I would NOT receive the sign-up incentives, and that I would need to apply for a new card it I wanted those.
Old Mar 5, 2006, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by cactuspete
I just tried to convert my existing Marriott Visa and was told by the CSR that I would NOT receive the sign-up incentives, and that I would need to apply for a new card it I wanted those.
I think you received the correct answer according to the terms. I am not expecting to receive mine either but I will call them on it since that is what they told me.
Old Mar 5, 2006, 5:34 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, HiltonHHonors Silver, Marriott Silver, Delta SkyMiles
I applied on-line and will try to get the sign-up bonus. However, I've already received 10k 3 times by cancelling/renewing the old card, so I don't have much room to complain.

One question before I cancel the "old" card. Will the new card offer automatic silver status like the old card did? It's a nice feature for people like me who don't travel enough to get silver the "regular" way.
Old Mar 5, 2006, 6:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver (Thanks Marriott!), Marriott Lifetime Titanium & Hyatt Globalist
I must say they're REALLY quick on this one. I applied on-line on Friday and I got the email from Marriott this morning stating that I had received a free 1 night VISA promotion coupon. I guess they work weekends ^

If you read the fine print for the "premier" card it states the free night is good for a 1 - 4 cat hotel, while the certificate itself is for a 1 - 5 cat hotel.

And I am also an existing MR VISA "Signature" cardholder, so I've received one bonus so far, I'll let you know what else comes my way for this new card
Old Mar 5, 2006, 6:46 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by Chewie
If you read the fine print for the "premeir" card it states the free night is good for a 1 - 4 cat hotel, while the certificate itself is for a 1 - 5 cat hotel.
I have bad news. Mine says the same as yours, so I attempted to use it as such. The reservationist doesn't see what we do, rather having a code 34A - and that caps the hotels it pulls up at a category 4.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.