Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Athenee Hotel (formerly Plaza Athenee), Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
Hotel email address: [email protected]
OR: [email protected]
Lounge: [email protected]

Le Royal Club Benefits + Facilities (As of Feb 20, 2019)

Print Wikipost

The Athenee Hotel (formerly Plaza Athenee), Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2020, 8:48 pm

Programs: HH Diamond IHG Spire Amb MR PLAT
Hi All,

Just wanted to know if there were any new updates on this hotel? I am going to stay here on Jan 3rd for 4 nights in 2021.
Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 9, 2020, 1:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by robnc35
Hi All,

Just wanted to know if there were any new updates on this hotel? I am going to stay here on Jan 3rd for 4 nights in 2021.
Thanks in advance.
Still the same, nothing new at The Athenee. For some reason the rates started to go up again.
Old Mar 28, 2021, 3:02 am

Anything new at The Athenee? Heading to Bangkok in a couple weeks and trying to decide between the Surawongse or the Athenee. I've stayed at both before and liked both quite a bit... The Athenee currently has a deal for 3,777 which amongst other things like breakfast includes a 2,777 baht credit for F&B, etc. Might be too good to pass up. Any impressions of the current lounge situation there? Thanks.
Old Mar 28, 2021, 8:08 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by pablos
Anything new at The Athenee? Heading to Bangkok in a couple weeks and trying to decide between the Surawongse or the Athenee. I've stayed at both before and liked both quite a bit... The Athenee currently has a deal for 3,777 which amongst other things like breakfast includes a 2,777 baht credit for F&B, etc. Might be too good to pass up. Any impressions of the current lounge situation there? Thanks.
Where are you planning to spend your 2 week quarantine? Are either of these ASQ hotels?
Old Mar 28, 2021, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by IluvSQ
Where are you planning to spend your 2 week quarantine? Are either of these ASQ hotels?
I live in Chiang Mai, so no need for quarantine.
Old Mar 28, 2021, 9:50 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
There's also a 4,999 rate including 4,999 credit
pablos likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2021, 11:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by IluvSQ
Are either of these ASQ hotels?
Le Meridien, Courtyard, and Aloft are the Marriott ASQ properties in Bangkok.
Old Mar 28, 2021, 12:17 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
just checked out yesterday.

my point of view comparing this stay and pre-covid stay are as follow.

i saw some cutbacks in the lounge in term of food offering. now it looked like a huge cafeteria to me. the service remains excellent. staff were very nice and helpful.

breakfast at raintree cafe was cutbacked in term of food offering too. service was getting worse due to lack of staffs (but i believe they did the best they can do).

the 2777 hotel credit/night was a great deal imo. i ended up having had nothing outside hotel just to burn this credit.

currently this place was packed as many locals do the long period staycation here. they had special promo like pay 5 nights got 5 nights free (got total of 20 nights under the current marriott promotion).

overall still a good place to stay. better hardware and felt more luxurious than marriott surawongse.
CO-PLAT and pablos like this.
Old Mar 28, 2021, 1:34 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
[QUOTE=3rdworldresident;33132959]just checked out yesterday.

my point of view comparing this stay and pre-covid stay are as follow.

i saw some cutbacks in the lounge in term of food offering. now it looked like a huge cafeteria to me. the service remains excellent. staff were very nice and helpful.

breakfast at raintree cafe was cutbacked in term of food offering too. service was getting worse due to lack of staffs (but i believe they did the best they can do).

the 2777 hotel credit/night was a great deal imo. i ended up having had nothing outside hotel just to burn this credit.

currently this place was packed as many locals do the long period staycation here. they had special promo like pay 5 nights got 5 nights free (got total of 20 nights under the current marriott promotion). QUOTE]

Which restaurants are open? Any idea of what wine costs (eg could I use the 2777 credit for a bottle?) I don't do spas so what else could I use it for? Is the 5 night 5 night free only for locals - didn't see it when I looked at rates - but I was looking in July so maybe it has an end date? TIA
Old Mar 29, 2021, 5:01 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Originally Posted by estnet

Which restaurants are open? Any idea of what wine costs (eg could I use the 2777 credit for a bottle?) I don't do spas so what else could I use it for? Is the 5 night 5 night free only for locals - didn't see it when I looked at rates - but I was looking in July so maybe it has an end date? TIA
any restuarants are currently open. (thai, japanese, chinese, french, pool bar, glaz bar, bakery and raintree)

regarding wine costs i had no idea too (cheap people like me tend to have some free booze at the lounge instead lol). but i believe that hotel credit cannot be applied toward alcoholic beverages spend (i might be wrong).

regarding the promo, the booking period has ended at the end of february, iirc.
estnet likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 4:17 am

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
There's also a 4,999 rate including 4,999 credit
Was debating between the Athenee and StR for two nights in March but saw this offer and booked it. With service charge and tax it comes out to 11,770 ($355 USD).

Can this credit be used at the spa?

I still want to check out the StR so booked an award night at the end of March as well.

Thanks!
Old Sep 18, 2021, 8:53 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Worthwhile double checking, but I would assume so - that's if the spa is open.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 9:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Worthwhile double checking, but I would assume so - that's if the spa is open.
Yep. Currently closed in Bangkok except for foot massage. March, who knows.
EuropeanPete and Pkim621 like this.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 4:44 am

Programs: AC 35K, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, GHA Titanium, HH Gold, Centara Platinum
Quick Review-- First week Dec 2021

Check in at the lounge in the 26th floor, very hospitable
I was reminded that it is Father's Day today and tomorrow so holidays may be the reason the the increased guests as compared to a few days ago. No suite upgrade (my SNA was denied last minute but I also see they don't have any suites available for tn anyways so the only upgrade I recueved was into a Royal Room, 1 King, I belive I have read about those name suites that look amazing but didn't ask for the paid uograde fee (as I checked in a bit late at 4:30pm.

Room itself is nice, the pics online do it enough justice, minus an awsome ornate three tier bel ringer(desk art piece). 4 bottles of water for the room.. Evening cocktails from 5:30-7:30 with afternoon tea served from 2:30 to 4:30 and club closes at 8 or 9 depending on day of week (Sun is an early closer). The surrounding are is alright I ran into a 24hour market and a 711 about 3 mins walking.

One thing to note is for those doing the Eat,Enjoy (food credit plus points, etc.) the food credit cannot be applied to in-room dining. All restaurants and F&Bs are open as of this post.

Cocktail hour(s) was busy, not as busy as the Ren a few days ago) but I managed a seat off the main room where the food is, by the window bar. With enough space on both sides. I didn show up a bit late at 6:30pm. Some grilled fish, pork gyozas, 4-5 fruits and a warm egg tart appy.
CO-PLAT and luxk69 like this.

Last edited by reggiekush; Dec 5, 2021 at 6:00 am
Old Dec 26, 2021, 6:58 pm

Programs: BA.GGL/SK.D/AFKL.Ulti
Hello everyone,

Obviously entry into Thailand has been more complicated - my experience is as follows:

- 25/12 landed in BKK on a FINNAIR flight and cleared customs and health checks in 40 mins (08:45 arrival)
- Private minivans took us (4 people/2 vans) to a local hospital for a drive through PCR test
- Arrived at the Athenee at 10:15 where an envelope with a key was given for the room immediately and taken directly to the elevators (no official check in)
- Booked an Athenee King, no upgrade given (quote given when asked was that there are no upgrades given between Dec 24-Jan 03)
- Results of PCR were given at 12:35 (approx 2 hours after tests), wherein we were free to go to lunch

My friend arrived one night earlier and did his SHA+ quarantine at the JW Marriott and his testing took approx 16 hours. If you have an early arrival in BKK, I would strongly recommend the Athenee for their 2 hour quarantine guarantee, which I could not see as a benefit anywhere else.

I booked the Dine and Stay rate which included 9000THB in credit at the hotel. As we had two rooms booked and were under the impression that alcohol was not included, we had a tasting menu lunch booked at the Kintsugi restaurant in the hotel. In the end they counted cocktails as part of the credit automatically anyway which is nice.

Lounge was very quiet - no rush in the evening.

2 Hour PCR tests etc cost 4500 per person.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.