Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Athenee Hotel (formerly Plaza Athenee), Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
Hotel email address: [email protected]
OR: [email protected]
Lounge: [email protected]

Le Royal Club Benefits + Facilities (As of Feb 20, 2019)

Print Wikipost

The Athenee Hotel (formerly Plaza Athenee), Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2009, 1:55 am

Programs: UA: 1K MM, Marriott Ambassador, Platinum IHG. Diamond: Hilton. Silver: Delta & Hyatt
Stayed here May 1, 2009 and was upgraded to a suite with Platinum Benefits. I must say it is a lovely hotel!!
-UFFA
Old May 14, 2009, 9:29 pm
Company Representative -Le Meridien Plaza Athenee Bangkok

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
*barring any unforeseen technical difficulties
It seems that unforeseen logistical issues may result in the delay of the promotional launch. However, we are working hard to ensure that the delay is as minimal as possible.

Thank you for bearing with us!

Best regards,
Plaza Athenee, BKK (Starwood)
Old May 17, 2009, 9:05 am

Programs: SPG, MR, Aeroplan, UAMP, BAEC
I find this promo of Plaza Athenee Bangkok is pretty interesting and fine. Will try in coming weeks.

Eat + Drink = Stay Free

Book this limited time offer, eat and drink to the value of THB 5,000 net (starting from Deluxe Room) daily and receive your overnight accommodation for free.
Offer valid until August 31, 2009.

http://specialoffers.starwoodhotels....OP_JP_MD_1846&
Old May 17, 2009, 10:02 am

Programs: M&M, ROP,
promotion ??

Dear Plaza Athenee, BKK (Starwood),
What time you intend to come back with the special promotion ?

Going to BKK next week and still need to book a good SPG deal
Old May 18, 2009, 2:12 pm

Programs: Delta, NW Air, Continental, Marriott, Amex
I was waiting to see the promotion before I booked the second half of my trip, but I am going to go ahead and book with Marriott as I don't want to lose out on the advanced purchase price.
Old May 18, 2009, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by HeKa
Dear Plaza Athenee, BKK (Starwood),
What time you intend to come back with the special promotion ?

Going to BKK next week and still need to book a good SPG deal
Originally Posted by Ladyallenfla
I was waiting to see the promotion before I booked the second half of my trip, but I am going to go ahead and book with Marriott as I don't want to lose out on the advanced purchase price.
Dear Heka and Ladyallenfla,

Apologies for the delay - the promotion is now posted in the "Hotel Deals" Forum found by clicking here.

Thank you for your patience!

Best regards,
Old May 19, 2009, 6:06 am

Programs: SPG, MR, Aeroplan, UAMP, BAEC
Excellent foods at Plaza Athenee Bangkok

I do recommend to enjoy foods, especially Asian breakfast at Rain Tree, at this property, which is (partly?) owned by a food and beverage company of Thailand.

For instance, when I had a breakfast a few weeks ago,

- Chinese fried rice; cooked in perfection, among the best even compared with those served at comparable outlets in China/Taiwan/HK (especially soon after being cooked),

- Chinese fried noodle; ditto,

- Japanese miso soup; the very best soup I, Japanese, have had at venues outside Japan.

Well, differen tongue has differen taste, though...
Old May 21, 2009, 12:14 pm
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
Thank you to Plaza Athenee, BKK (Starwood), for participating with us and providing a source of contact for our members. I hope your role here results in mutual benefits, for your hotel as well as the members here.

I've stayed at this property many times, and it continues to be my favorite Bangkok SPG property.

The promotion rate is a fantastic deal, but I'd hate for members to expect them to always offer the lowest rate. Plaza Athenee do not miss a beat with standards and service. And that sometimes comes with a premium.

I am price sensitive too, but it's the base rate (or rack rate) that influences my decisions. A slightly lower base rate will have a bigger effect on my bookings than a limited promotion rate, even if the promo rate is cheaper. My bookings are either short notice or subject to change.

In any event, let me extend another Flyertalk welcome to Plaza Athenee, BKK (Starwood)! I'm looking forward to our next stays at your wonderful hotel!
Old Jun 11, 2009, 1:58 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
I stayed last weekend at the Plaza Athenee using the 2-night FlyerTalk promo. I had book the promo rate for August and found myself in Bangkok sooner than expected.

The hotel is really quite nice. I new this from a previous stay but it is worth noting again. The lobby is really elegant. On Saturday night there was what appeared to be a wedding on the floor above the lobby so there were men and women in beautiful formal attire walking up and down the stairs and you really felt that you were in high class atmosphere. The range of cars parked outside helped to reinforce that.

I was upgraded to a Club Room. I'd been in the suites before and typically don't inquire about the availability of a suite. The rooms are quite spacious and comfortable. The lounge is huge. There are plenty of small seating areas for groups and a quiet nook for seating a group away from everyone else. The cocktail hour finger food was very good with a fair variety of items. There is free WiFi in the lounge so I ended up hanging out a bit with kats a bit during the stay while we were both there to get online.

Upon arrival there was a nice plate of fruit placed in the room. Complimentary water was replenished every day.

My taxi trip to the airport was atypical as the driver drover pretty fast. It took about half an hour from the checkout counter to the 1st entrance of the terminal at BKK. He was driving about 120kph most of the way.

When I checked my SPG account I found that they posted my stay very quickly. However there was a discrepancy between the points I got and the charge in THB on my card. I find that the easiest way to check this is to look at the Plat bonus. I confirmed the discrepancy wasn't just an exchange rate anomaly when the charge showed on my credit card. I used the link to Send email to Plaza Athenee, BKK (Starwood) here on FlyerTalk and explained that there was a problem. All of the folio information was included in the email and I got a response that it had reviewed and adjusted. The problem was that they only gave the points on the room rate and not the incidentals. I checked my SPG account as I expected the Plat Amenity 500 points would have fallen off as usual when they re-apply credits. If it did, they put it right back in the account. Great and timely customer service!

This is definitely a property I'll return to.
Old Jun 11, 2009, 10:09 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by yosithezet
...I checked my SPG account as I expected the Plat Amenity 500 points would have fallen off as usual when they re-apply credits. If it did, they put it right back in the account...
Just an FYI, this only happens when someone outside the hotel makes an adjustment. Only the hotels are authorized to apply Platinum welcome amenity points so the programming causes a correctional posting from any other source to drop the amenity points, which are then requested to be added back manually. This programming deletion can be avoided by using the system that supports the GUI application, but few associate-level people have that kind of access, so more times than not, the amenity points go missing for a few days.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Jun 12, 2009, 7:32 pm
Tak

Programs:  UA 1MM, JAL JGC Diamond, SPG Lifetime PLT, AMEX PLT
I am now writing this at Plaza Athenee roomXX01.
Since I stay for only 1 night, I said at check in couner any room was fine.
The lady checked PC and said she would try best available room for me. She gave me xx01 which I have stayed before.
This corner 1 bedroom suite is one of my favorite room at Plaza Athenee.
You can look down US ammbasador residence( a lot of green area) with tall buildings behind.
I usually do not care the view in Bangkok, but this is beautiful.

As everybody knew, the lounge on 26th fl is so spacious.
Not too many people all the time at lounge ,which is good for us, but maybe not good for the hotel.
Once I used my PC at lounge with free internet.
After I came back to my room, the net was still connectred without any additional charge(usually 600 bahts).
I felt I was cheating/stealing, but it is convenient not to need to go lounge for connection.

Since my plan include eat/drink up to the room charge, I went to Chinese.
It seemed French restaurante had some kind of group party there.
I will have Japanese lunch tomorrow(Breakfast is included for Platinum members).

Anyway, it was exellent service and room/lounge as usual.
I am going to Westin tonight.
I like the location of Westin BKK and SGS compared to Plaza Athenee, however, the plaza athenee had better lounge/view/room and breakfast(same as SGS).
Old Jun 16, 2009, 7:00 pm

To give everyone an update:

We have had some changes to our Eat + Drink rate, and added an additional promotion.

Promotional details will be available shortly, and I will post the new rate for our Eat + Drink in the promotional thread.

Thank you very much for all the positive feedback - it is great to hear that you have enjoyed your stays at Plaza Athenee, A Royal Meridien.

Best regards,
Old Jun 16, 2009, 7:28 pm
Tak

Thank you so much, Plaza Athenee, BKK (Starwood) for all the informaiton you are providing to us.

I have one question for Eat/Drink Promotion.
My rate was 5000 bahts so I could spend the same amount for food/drink except alcohol drinks.

However, I am also Starwood privilege member so food portion become 50% off if two persons eat at same time.

Does this mean we could spend up to 10000 bahts(become 5000 bahts after 50% off) for food and drink???

Last edited by Tak; Jun 16, 2009 at 7:35 pm
Old Jun 16, 2009, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by Tak
Thank you so much, Plaza Athenee, BKK (Starwood) for all the informaiton you are providing to us.

I have one question for Eat/Drink Promotion.
My rate was 5000 bahts so I could spend the same amount for food/drink except alcohol drinks.

However, I am also Starwood privilege member so food portion become 50% off if two persons eat at same time.

Does this mean we could spend up to 10000 bahts(become 5000 bahts after 50% off) for food and drink???
Dear Tak,

Starwood Privilege can not be used in conjunction with this offer. Our Le Club card members are also not entitled to the food and beverage discount on this particular promotion.

Best regards,
Old Jun 16, 2009, 11:00 pm
Tak

Originally Posted by Plaza Athenee, BKK (Starwood)
Dear Tak,

Starwood Privilege can not be used in conjunction with this offer. Our Le Club card members are also not entitled to the food and beverage discount on this particular promotion.

Best regards,
Thank you for the answer.
5000 Bahts is still a lot of amount for regular dinner for two!
I never used the hotel restaurant before.
At least, this promotion let us try the hotel restaurants.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.