Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Athenee Hotel (formerly Plaza Athenee), Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
Hotel email address: [email protected]
OR: [email protected]
Lounge: [email protected]

Le Royal Club Benefits + Facilities (As of Feb 20, 2019)

Print Wikipost

The Athenee Hotel (formerly Plaza Athenee), Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Old Apr 14, 2010, 2:52 am

Programs: UA LT 1K HYglob Marr LT Titanium
Originally Posted by kyushuman
How are the summer promos shaping up at the Plaza Athenee?
The LM Bangkok is already showing rates of just 3,000THB for my dates in July(!) which is an excellent rate for an SPG hotel in BKK--in fact, I can't think of anything that low in recent memory, other than the PA's sale last year.
Prices have dropped to 2900bht++ PN for the near future.(till may 5)
Old Apr 14, 2010, 3:16 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by lovtofly3
Prices have dropped to 2900bht++ PN for the near future.(till may 5)
Yeah I don't even think that price will do it. For the near future there will be floors and floors unoccupied at many hotels IMO.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 8:59 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by schley
Yeah I don't even think that price will do it. For the near future there will be floors and floors unoccupied at many hotels IMO.
It just may do it for me for next weekend.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 3:34 pm

Programs: SPG plat,Hyatt Diamond,HH gold
no any promo on Aug and Sep? i was search rate from spg website on Aug and Sep why so expensive? promo such as save 30% off doesnt work and Z3R very expensive
Old Apr 21, 2010, 4:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by yoshida_101
no any promo on Aug and Sep? i was search rate from spg website on Aug and Sep why so expensive? promo such as save 30% off doesnt work and Z3R very expensive
wait for a couple of months....the aug/sept promos (if any) will be offered closer to those dates....
Old May 25, 2010, 1:49 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Shangri-La Jade, IHG Platinum, TG Gold
How's things around the hotel ? It seems the hotel is now accepting reservations through SPG for this weekend. BTS functioning normally now ? Taxi from airport no longer diverted ?
I'm rethinking of changing my bookings back to Bangkok instead of Pattaya.
Thanks.
Old May 27, 2010, 9:44 am

Programs: SPG & CO Plat.
Welcome Back rates?

In the St. Regis BKK thread there is mention of an email that was sent offering Welcome Back rates - are those rates publicly available? (I having not been on the distribution ...)
Old May 27, 2010, 11:22 am

Programs: Lufthansa FTL, HHonors Gold, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
This is the email I received this afternoon (from the director of sale and marketing)

Dear Mr olisch,

Greetings from Plaza Athne Bangkok, A Royal Meridien Hotel.

It’s back to business in the City of Angels – and we would like to welcome you with an exclusive offer. Simply book and stay for a minimum of 2 room nights at a rate of THB 4050++ in the month of June, 2010, to receive the following complimentary benefits* during your visit:

Full buffet breakfast for two at The Rain Tree Caf

Upgrade to the next category room

THB 1’000 net Spa credit per stay

THB 1’000 net food and beverage credit per day

To make your reservation, simply e-mail us at [email protected] and quote promotion code “BACK2BKK”.

Mr olisch, we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you to the hotel.

May I also take this opportunity to thank you for being a Starwood Gold Preferred Guest – we value your loyalty.

Sincerely,
Anyway, I have no idea if it's targeted or not, but for what it's worth I had 2 stays (each one night) at Plaza Athene back in april.
Old May 27, 2010, 1:56 pm

Programs: SPG & CO Plat.
Originally Posted by olisch
This is the email I received this afternoon (from the director of sale and marketing)

Anyway, I have no idea if it's targeted or not, but for what it's worth I had 2 stays (each one night) at Plaza Athene back in april.
Thanks - that's a very compelling deal. ^

I'm in BKK the last week of June and the first week of August ...
Old May 27, 2010, 8:25 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K HYglob Marr LT Titanium
Not sure how many have a SPG PRV card.
but there is some kind of 50% sale for the next few days for PRV card holders for travel till Aug 31.

http://privilege.starwoodhotels.com/...able_Rate.aspx

The PA is 3100bht++ min. 3 nite stay.
for Jr. dlxe suite.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 2:45 am

Programs: MH Gold, IHG RA, SPG Gold, QF Silver, Hertz 5 star
Originally Posted by olisch

Dear Mr olisch,

Greetings from Plaza Athne Bangkok, A Royal Meridien Hotel.

Its back to business in the City of Angels and we would like to welcome you with an exclusive offer. Simply book and stay for a minimum of 2 room nights at a rate of THB 4050++ in the month of June, 2010, to receive the following complimentary benefits* during your visit:

Full buffet breakfast for two at The Rain Tree Caf

Upgrade to the next category room

THB 1000 net Spa credit per stay

THB 1000 net food and beverage credit per day

To make your reservation, simply e-mail us at [email protected] and quote promotion code BACK2BKK.

Mr olisch, we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you to the hotel.

May I also take this opportunity to thank you for being a Starwood Gold Preferred Guest we value your loyalty.

Sincerely,

This was the response I received from the PA when I tried to use the above promotion code

"The BACK2BKK promotion is only apply for all guests who cancelled their bookings between the 1st of April and the 21st of May, 2010. However, we can offer the following best available rate during 07-09 Jun10 for your consideration;

Royal Club Room Single/Double at THB 7,600++ / 8,400++ per room per night inclusive of Breakfast and executive lounge benefits.

OR

Royal Club Suite Single/Double at THB 10,600++ / 11,400++ per room per night inclusive of Breakfast and executive lounge benefits."
So I guess this was targeted.....
Old Jun 14, 2010, 2:28 am
Company Representative -Le Meridien Plaza Athenee Bangkok

For those that did not receive the special offer seen above, we have the following:

Book the Flyertalk Appreciation rate, and receive:

THB 1'000 net spending credit for F+B per day*
THB 1'000 net Spa credit per stay*
*both credits cannot be accumulated over several days / stays. Additional restrictions apply.

This is valid for all bookings and stays completed between now and the 31st of July, 2010.

You can click here to book.

Don't forget: for any stays (booked through the link above) of 2 nights or longer, triple SPG bonus points are awarded.

We look forward to seeing many of you in the near future!

Best regards,
Plaza Athenee, BKK (Starwood)
Old Jul 1, 2010, 12:01 pm

Programs: Cards with lots of logos on them
I have an upcoming trip to BKK in August and love staying at the PA. However, in the past, I was Plat which afforded me some awesome room upgrades and amazing breakfast in the Rain Tree Cafe downstairs. Unfortunately this time, I am only a Gold member and was wondering what to expect in terms of upgrades, lounge access or even breakfast? (I will be staying on points)

Any help would be helpful! (And yes, I did do a quick search but everything I found on this thread was a bit dated with regards to Gold upgrades)

Thanks again!
Old Jul 1, 2010, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by bthobe
I have an upcoming trip to BKK in August and love staying at the PA. However, in the past, I was Plat which afforded me some awesome room upgrades and amazing breakfast in the Rain Tree Cafe downstairs. Unfortunately this time, I am only a Gold member and was wondering what to expect in terms of upgrades, lounge access or even breakfast?
Why not send them an e-mail and ask what they'll do for you? Hotels in BKK are running all sorts of specials looking for business.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 12:34 pm

Programs: Cards with lots of logos on them
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Why not send them an e-mail and ask what they'll do for you? Hotels in BKK are running all sorts of specials looking for business.
Sounds like a good plan to me!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.