Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Royal Orchid Sheraton, Bangkok, Thailand 2007 onward [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 5, 2014, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Print Wikipost

Royal Orchid Sheraton, Bangkok, Thailand 2007 onward [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2016, 11:11 am
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
Is it time to celebrate?
I just got a reminder email for a stay this coming week, a standard SPG email. It lists Regina Wilson as Hotel Manager.

Please tell me there's a new GM in, or about to arrive.
Awesome news!
Old Aug 21, 2016, 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by 2lovelife
It lists Regina Wilson as Hotel Manager.

Please tell me there's a new GM in, or about to arrive.
Awesome news!
Hopefully this signals good news for the ROS. I might consider a stay in the coming months.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 8:22 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Regina Wilson isn't new in this hotel, she was the Director of Sales and Marketing previously.

Dominik Trimborn took over her previous position it seems.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 9:06 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
does anyone know where the previous GM went? I want to make sure I don't book at any hotel where he is involved!
Old Aug 22, 2016, 12:49 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by estnet
does anyone know where the previous GM went? I want to make sure I don't book at any hotel where he is involved!
According to his linkedin profile, he stopped working as of July 2016, no further updates it seems.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 7:26 am

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
He's retiring.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 10:50 am

Programs: USAIR gold, HH diamond, SPG gold
Talking BRG

Originally Posted by geminidreams
Try www.hotelscombined.com or www.galahotels.com I rarely stay here but when looking for BRG opportunities in Bangkok I can always find one for ROS.
THANK YOU so much for this post! My BRG rate for June is $1,940THB including tax & service!!
Old Sep 15, 2016, 9:13 pm

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by TRAVELBABE
THANK YOU so much for this post! My BRG rate for June is $1,940THB including tax & service!!
Glad to be of help. Im doing a stay next month at 1999 per night which is cheaper than the Aloft.
Old Sep 17, 2016, 2:19 am

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
As Marriott does not own any hotel, we can guess what will happen to Starwood's majority stake in the ROSH, but has anyone heard that a deal might come up very soon?

Good luck to any new owner or GM with a major property opening just across the river and another large one that will start being built in 2018, adjacent to the Asiatique shopping center, by Charoen Sirivadhanabhakdi's TCC Group (probably to be managed by Marriott under one of the numerous brands they have and are about to acquire).

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/spec...ate-river-view

Last edited by UASPG; Sep 17, 2016 at 2:27 am
Old Nov 14, 2016, 7:01 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Manager

Anyone have contact info for a manager at this property? Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 11, 2017, 3:55 pm

Programs: krisflyer
Mr bang for your buck

What! Just checked into royal orchid Sheraton and found another benefit has gone. is it my imagination that benefits are getting less and less at all properties across Thailand except for the Sheraton grande which added one in the last year has anyone else found properties adding a benefit anywhere.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 4:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Question

Originally Posted by job2cu
What! Just checked into royal orchid Sheraton and found another benefit has gone. is it my imagination that benefits are getting less and less at all properties across Thailand except for the Sheraton grande which added one in the last year has anyone else found properties adding a benefit anywhere.
What benefit is now gone?

Last edited by yosithezet; Jan 13, 2017 at 1:57 am Reason: Post merger cleanup
Old Jan 11, 2017, 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by job2cu
As with the rest, could you let us know what is now unavailable that was previously a benefit?

Thanks.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 3:37 am

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
I haven't experienced benefit takeaways anywhere in Thailand besides the ROS (which used to be amongst the best now I would say the worst).
Sheraton Hua Hin has added amenities (snacks throughout the day as well as breakfast and happy hour for plats).
Old Jan 13, 2017, 4:05 am

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by estnet
I haven't experienced benefit takeaways anywhere in Thailand besides the ROS (which used to be amongst the best now I would say the worst).
Sheraton Hua Hin has added amenities (snacks throughout the day as well as breakfast and happy hour for plats).
I stayed there a couple of months ago and the benefits were no different from 3 years ago. The biggest problem with the ROS is the food in the lounge is poor. Either provide breakfast in the restaurant or improve the quality and variety of the food in the Lounge both morning and evening.

The upgrades, drinks and late checkout have always been provided for me and the lounge staff are very good there. Apart from the lousy lounge food, I dont like the location unless I have some river activities and the rooms are a little tired.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.