Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

SEA TAC Airport Marriott [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 23, 2017, 6:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dayone
Hotel airport shuttle at a fee:

Effective July 12 2014, US$2 per room per ride will be charged to the guest's account.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2005, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, AA

Spending next weekend in Seattle, what is the current condition of the airport Marriott? Do they have weekend lounge access or coupons for Gold members?
Old Dec 4, 2005, 2:33 pm
formerly known as Frugal Travel Guy

Programs: UA Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum
I use the Doubletree on Priceline

Typical accepted price is $35 per nite. A typical 3 star hotel with shuttle. Best PRICE in town.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 11:00 am

Programs: DL DM, HH diamond
Any recent experiences at the remodeled SEATAC (Seattle Airport) Marriott?

I've searched this forum but haven't found any recent reports on the Seatac (Seattle Airport) Marriott. From TripAdvisor it appears that the hotel has been recently remodeled.

Anyone stay there lately? I'm wondering about elite treatment, Executive Lounge, etc.

Thanks in advance for any info.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 6:25 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Delta DM & 1MM, Hertz and Avis President's Circle
I was there last November on a Delta mileage run. It looked about the same as the last time I stayed there a few years ago.

It's just an average property and the lounge was alright. It's not far from the terminal and they do provide a shuttle.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 11:38 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Delta PM, Hertz 5*
I stayed here last Thursday. As a Platinum I was given a room on the 9th (top) floor without asking for an upgrade. Lounge is on 8 and is similar to most other lounges, nothing special. Shuttle to airport left every 15 minutes, I took the 530am and had plenty of time to waste for my 710am flight. This was my first time there so I don't know about pre/post renovation.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 9:43 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by GeorgeBurdell
Those of us who can, do.
Those of us who can't, move into management.
Those of us who don't know, consult.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 9:08 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
Two night stay.

Knowing I would arrive after midnight, I called the hotel. Assured there would be no issue.

Arriving at 1AM, used valet parking, excellent, friendly, quick service. Perfect.

At check-in, handed a key to 7th floor. Knowing CL is on 8, requested a room on 8, waiving bed type. Nope, no availability. Go up to 7, room is right next to vending area. NOISY vending area. OMG. 3 hour time change, 6 hour flight, and now I have to schlep back downstairs to get a room to meet my profile (that hasn't changed in 10 years) a quiet room. Which of course was available - so why did I have to go through this routine? And the age old question - why are you putting ANYONE, much less a LTP in this room when others are available?

Saw housekeeper the next AM, asked for additional coffee and accessories. No problem, in room that night - A+ for housekeeping. As others reported, CL is fine. Nothing outstanding, not anything wrong. Average selection, slightly above average service. Valet service was once again prompt and courteous, gave me bottles of water for my "trip" (to Bellevue!) and had a current update on traffic. WOW.

2nd AM - realized I am going to need another night in the area. Called downstairs, FD clerk said they were "oversold" but she would have the rooms manager call me in less than 20 minutes to see what could be worked out. No phone call. Not in 20, not in 2 hours. Resigned, I packed up.

Valet parking? Water + trafffic + now remembers my name. After one prior interaction.

The valet parking is outsourced in this hotel. Perhaps the GM should consider using their business model for training the front desk.

Rooms are average. It is close to the airport, but so are others. I have never had a great experience here (with anything except valet parking ) so will look elsewhere next time in.

YMMV.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 11:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Exec lounge is closed on the weekend; no breakfast coupons.

* Seattle / Airport Marriott / CLOSED; 10/20/12 update

Cheers. Sharon
Old Dec 9, 2012, 9:19 am

Programs: AA EXP(4mm), DL Gold, UA Gold (1mm), HH Diamond, Bonvoy Amb(l/t Titanium). Former EA/PA elite
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Exec lounge is closed on the weekend; no breakfast coupons.

* Seattle / Airport Marriott / CLOSED; 10/20/12 update

Cheers. Sharon
Yes......I'm here now and the lounge is closed and they give no coupons for b'fast. Disappointing. Also, much of the hotel smells of chlorine due to the pool occupying such a large piece of the property.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 12:16 pm

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Marriott SEATAC Imposes Airport Shuttle Fee

Looking to book a room at the SEA Airport FS, and saw this:

Please Note – Hotel airport shuttle at a fee starting July 12 2014 USD 2 per room per ride will be charged to the guest-s account.
Wow. I've never been at a domestic hotel that charged a fee per pax per ride. Tip $1 for handling bags, sure. I'll bet this cuts way down on drivers' tips!
Old Jun 10, 2014, 1:51 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

How is this fee levied? Names collected on the shuttle? Are guests "pre-billed" for the return trip? Do they get a voucher? What if the passenger is not a guest and attending a day meeting or an interview?

Four bucks per guest (assuming a round trip) is a bit rich.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

4 dollars per room, so the room with 4 gusts pays the same as the room with one?

Seems like a lot of work for the driver to keep track of.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 2:10 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
Is this what happens with a $15 minimum wage?
Old Jun 10, 2014, 2:42 pm

Programs: DL GM, UA Silver, Marriott Plat, National Exec
Workers demand minimum wages to be 2x+ the Federal...they are going to pass the buck along to the consumer.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 5:20 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
Let's not mix politics here.

I think $2 is reasonable charge for a shuttle especially if I can just tag it to my room and not worry about having cash.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.