Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points at LAX Los Angeles Airport [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Points at LAX Los Angeles Airport [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2018, 10:04 am

Programs: SPG Plat, SWA Companion Pass, United Silver
Originally Posted by PTahCha
exhibit 1: Properties stolen out of valet car at Sheraton LAX
Ugh...I actually consider myself lucky after hearing this. The Sheraton LAX "lost" my car I parked with them. Imagine standing curbside in front of the hotel at midnight after coming back from Maui with a crying infant and a super pissed-off wife while the valet continuously tells you your car will be there shortly. It took them an hour and a half to find my car. At least everything was in it though and nothing was missing. After this I learned my lesson, if I'm staying overnight at LAX for an early morning flight, I always head to the Parking Spot on Century and then walk over to the Westin, never again staying at the Sheraton.
Old May 15, 2019, 10:31 pm
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
I’ve gotta ask if this property is finally being Bonvoyed out of Marriott. The last two rooms I’ve had were in utter disrepair and the elevator’s temporary permit has lapsed by several months. Also, I got an “upgrade” to the room type I had already booked.
Old May 16, 2019, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by uxb
I’ve gotta ask if this property is finally being Bonvoyed out of Marriott. The last two rooms I’ve had were in utter disrepair and the elevator’s temporary permit has lapsed by several months. Also, I got an “upgrade” to the room type I had already booked.
This property should be Bonvoyed, obviously a challenging facility to maintain due to it's age and piecemeal construction, but the service could make up for that, but I doesn't. Despite good park & fly rates, I've given up.
uxb likes this.
Old May 16, 2019, 10:20 pm
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
This property should be Bonvoyed, obviously a challenging facility to maintain due to it's age and piecemeal construction, but the service could make up for that, but I doesn't. Despite good park & fly rates, I've given up.
I told our travel manager to start negotiating a new rate elsewhere. Staying there is officially an occupational hazard.
Old May 17, 2019, 12:30 am

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
For those considering a stay here, look at how the post count on this thread has dropped since 2015. 2014 is probably the last time this fairly regular customer stayed here. Way too many better options in the area.
Old May 17, 2019, 1:52 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
I recently tried and gave up after one night. Switched to the Renaissance. Life is too short to be unhappy.
Old Feb 7, 2021, 3:13 am

Programs: Qantas Platinum One, United 1K 2MM
Just wondering if Four Points LAX has closed. I did read somewhere it was closing Feb 5th 2021 ? I had some great stays here a few years back and do understand it had lost its way in recent years
Old Feb 7, 2021, 12:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Has there been a new GM? The previous one was very good and supposedly was responsible for starting their craft beer program.
Old Feb 7, 2021, 2:07 pm

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
Staying at a different property at LAX tomorrow but if memory serves me correctly, i think the Four Points was listed as an option.
Old Feb 7, 2021, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Flyerholic
Just wondering if Four Points LAX has closed. I did read somewhere it was closing Feb 5th 2021 ? I had some great stays here a few years back and do understand it had lost its way in recent years
At least it's not showing up in any searches anymore so might as well be gone. Kinda sad to see this property go but it's not as if there is a shortage of hotels around LAX.
Flyerholic likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2021, 5:55 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Has there been a new GM? The previous one was very good and supposedly was responsible for starting their craft beer program.
that was a long time ago, he was last at the Westin.
Flyerholic likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 9:52 pm

Programs: AA EXPLT, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, UA Silver, National EXC
An update from the local news I saw, confirming the closure and the workers are protesting:
Laid-off hospitality workers will file a complaint and hold a protest outside the Four Points by Sheraton LAX. The workers are demanding that the SBA conduct a full investigation of the $4.4 million in PPP loans approved for the hotel, as owner Rui Gao permanently closed the hotel on Feb. 5 -- one week after being approved for his second loan, according to the contact.
Old Sep 3, 2021, 10:16 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Gold Elite
Surprised to read that this was hotel is "permanently closed" as we have a reservation for October 1-2. Any updates on recent stays?
Old Sep 3, 2021, 1:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by CarNut
Surprised to read that this was hotel is "permanently closed" as we have a reservation for October 1-2. Any updates on recent stays?
Was your reservation booked through Marriott/Bonvoy or an OLTA?
Old Sep 3, 2021, 6:29 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, National Exec Elite, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by CarNut
Four Points showed as available in searches at Marriott.com the last couple of weeks, which surprised me; it definitely seemed to be closed when I drove by in July. But take a look at the "verified reviews" for the hotel on Marriott.com -- the hotel seems to have reopened in recent weeks. The new reviews are generally pretty bad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.