Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points at LAX Los Angeles Airport [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Points at LAX Los Angeles Airport [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2012, 10:35 pm

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by PhilFPLAXGM
If you don't mind I have another idea to bounce around in the Forum. I've been working on starting a live music program in Brewster's with some good "unplugged" music. The first residency I'm considering is a female artist who plays sort of edgy Country/Americana. I know some of our guests like to go to Brewster's to eat and watch a game. How does live music Wednesday nights 7 to 10 sound? Phil GM
I love this idea.

By any chance would your hotel get Fox Soccer Channel? For a soccer buff that would be amazing. At least I could stay at the hotel and not look for a nearby pub to watch a match.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 4:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by PhilFPLAXGM
Based on what I'm hearing, we'll get everything together and start the comp breakfast buffet or F&B credit for all Platinum guests in the next few days.

Our pleasure on the cookies (homemade) and fruit!

Thanks for your loyalty!

Phil
Dang Phil

Can we clone you and put you in all the 4P's
Old Jan 11, 2012, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
Either that, or start a new brand called 1/4 Points , for those 4P hotels that can't come within a mile of the quality of the LAX 4P.

I'm glad the LAX 4P was the 2nd 4P I stayed in, after many years of avoiding the brand based on one stay in a (now gone) 4P in the Anaheim area.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 1:33 pm

Thumbs up

Dang Phil

+1. It's great to have Phil be so pro-active on FT and regarding Starwood elite recognition----I've already booked 5 additional stays with them over the next couple of months...and, yes, the homemade cookies and fruit are great!
Old Jan 12, 2012, 2:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Crazy4Birds
+1. It's great to have Phil be so pro-active on FT and regarding Starwood elite recognition----I've already booked 5 additional stays with them over the next couple of months...and, yes, the homemade cookies and fruit are great!
same here, have booked 3 stays here already....
Old Jan 12, 2012, 9:02 am

Programs: AA EXP; SPG Gold; Hyatt Platinum; Amex Platinum; Meaningless to Everyone Else
Just came across this thread since I'm staying here Friday to Monday as part of a mileage run trip on AA. Got a great rate and with the SPG triple up bonus, this mileage run got even better with the extra SPG points.

The big question I have is how reliable is the shuttle? I'm arriving at Terminal 4. Does anyone know exactly where the shuttle pick up point is at Terminal 4?

After long days of flying, do I realistically have any hope of getting a West Tower room? I'm SPG Gold and will be checking in around 10pm or so tomorrow?
Old Jan 12, 2012, 9:14 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by MCMAHONSMR
Just came across this thread since I'm staying here Friday to Monday as part of a mileage run trip on AA. Got a great rate and with the SPG triple up bonus, this mileage run got even better with the extra SPG points.

The big question I have is how reliable is the shuttle? I'm arriving at Terminal 4. Does anyone know exactly where the shuttle pick up point is at Terminal 4?

After long days of flying, do I realistically have any hope of getting a West Tower room? I'm SPG Gold and will be checking in around 10pm or so tomorrow?
Very reliable since a third-party handles the shuttle. When you leave T4, hang a right and walk toward the sign that says Hotel Shuttles. Pick-up is in the centre median. I'm sure you have hope of getting a West Tower room. The car park at the hotel wasn't exactly jam-packed during my stay.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 10:56 am

the shuttle is at the red stops (red overhead signs say hotels & something else). They will be light blue buses and it will say Four Points & and another hotel or two on the front electronic screen over the windshield. Are they reliable, depends on how you define it, i've caught them in less than five minutes and other times i've called to find out whats going on after 30 minutes of waiting.

Two options exist if the 4Pts bus never shows or is extremely slow; One is to take the Budget shuttle bus and the 4Pts is literally across the street on Airport blvd. Two is to take the Renaissance Hotel Shuttle which is literally next door to the 4Pts or three is to take the Embassy Suites shuttle which is kiddy corner to the 4Pts on airport/98th streets. I've done all of these many a time. Sometimes its b/c the 4 Pts bus doesn't show or sometimes, I walk out and there is one of the other buses I mentioned and just hop on it. I've NEVER been questioned and since they have been running these, I'll bet I've done it over 25 times. All things being equal, the Avis bus is probably the best bet.

upgrade as a gold, I have no idea. Maybe Phil will chime in as to what a Gold might expect or at least other Gold status members might let you know what they have rec'd.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 12:06 pm

Programs: spg gold, CO Platinum, MR Gold

Read post 198 from Phil the GM.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 12:39 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Emerald Exec., PC Plat, AA, CO, DL, UBS Charter Card, Palladium Card, Amex Plat

Didn't this end Dec 18th?
Old Jan 12, 2012, 12:53 pm

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by mlad1101
Didn't this end Dec 18th?
I think the poster meant “Better by the Night,” which is SPG's current promo but also offers some tripling.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 5:49 pm
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
the shuttle is at the red stops (red overhead signs say hotels & something else). They will be light blue buses and it will say Four Points & and another hotel or two on the front electronic screen over the windshield. Are they reliable, depends on how you define it, i've caught them in less than five minutes and other times i've called to find out whats going on after 30 minutes of waiting.
I would say the Four Points/Westin LAX bus is more reliable than some of the property-owned shuttles. For instance, the aloft ORD comes to mind. Anyway, the general rule is that they operate every 20 minutes.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 8:09 am

Programs: AA EXP; SPG Gold; Hyatt Platinum; Amex Platinum; Meaningless to Everyone Else
Thanks all for the input, especially TrojanHorse. I probably will just hop on the first shuttle that passes by.

And the promotion I was referring to was indeed the Better by the Night one . . . since I'm staying three nights I get the 2x SPG points.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 9:15 am

Thanks all for the input, especially TrojanHorse. I probably will just hop on the first shuttle that passes by.

And the promotion I was referring to was indeed the Better by the Night one . . . since I'm staying three nights I get the 2x SPG points.
Just make sure its the right bus; not all buses go near the 4P;

so in short, if the 4P bus is AWOL (there have been times that it has blown right by T4 or higher numbers (T5, T6..) b/c its been full which is really annoying... and if one of these happen then>

the following hotels are really close to the 4P
Renaissance & Marriott LAX (same bus but get off at the Renaissance)
Embassy Suites North (kiddy corner to the 4P)

the following Car rentals are really close to the 4P
Budget (across the street)
Avis (the last choice of all of these; avis is a little more of a hike; without bags, doable, with bags, don't)

any other bus is not worth taking IMHO. Some like Gateway LAX, Hilton are all doable but not with bags and you may as well just wait for one of the above buses.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 11:54 am

Thanks for the great advice. I actually think taking the Renaissance shuttle to the Four Points is better than the Westin/Four Points shuttle because it goes straight to the Renaissance whereas the Four Points shuttle stops at the Westin first. Going to Lax taking Four Points has been very easy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.